Page 224 of 238 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    EA dropped the ball for a while but they've picked it up lately. Even Battlefront 2 had a huge comeback after they dropped the loot box crap and it became a beloved game. I imagine there is a big multiplayer component to that new Squadrons game, but as long as it has a good single player aspect I will be happy. And yes, Fallen Order was one of the best Star Wars games in years.
    I'm seriously into space combat games. It's a genre that really died for almost a decade. Wing Commander Privateer/Freelancer were the last of the great games in that genre and it started making a huge comeback lately with games like Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, Everspace, ect... so I'm excited to see this game because I really loved the old X-Wing games back in the day and I'd really like to see the space flight genre make a comeback, especially since I badly want to have an excuse to get a Thrustmaster stick with HOTAS.

2. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm seriously into space combat games. It's a genre that really died for almost a decade. Wing Commander Privateer/Freelancer were the last of the great games in that genre and it started making a huge comeback lately with games like Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, Everspace, ect... so I'm excited to see this game because I really loved the old X-Wing games back in the day and I'd really like to see the space flight genre make a comeback, especially since I badly want to have an excuse to get a Thrustmaster stick with HOTAS.
    Yes loved the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games. Sounds like these have a similar system where they let you cycle between shield, laser, and thrust power.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Cool if true. Would love to see more live action Anakin:

Over at Disney+, a Star Wars live-action television series based on Obi-Wan Kenobi is still in the works. Back in January, it was announced that the project was on hold indefinitely due to some major script revisions, and that’s the last we’ve heard. Now, according to LRM Online, a new casting deal has gone down behind the scenes. Hayden Christensen is supposedly reprising his role of Anakin Skywalker for the series.
    https://screencrush.com/obi-wan-seri...edium=referral

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Cool if true. Would love to see more live action Anakin:

https://screencrush.com/obi-wan-seri...edium=referral
    So, their bright idea at Disney is now to get the worst actor in the entire series to reprise his role?

And Mandalorian was so damned good.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So, their bright idea at Disney is now to get the worst actor in the entire series to reprise his role?

And Mandalorian was so damned good.
    Bad dialogue but a good actor. Check out Life As a House or Shattered Glass. Shattered Glass is based on the New Republic scandal where the writer was making up shit for his stories:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Bad dialogue but a good actor. Check out Life As a House or Shattered Glass. Shattered Glass is based on the New Republic scandal where the writer was making up shit for his stories:

Yeah, I’ve seen Shattered Glass. It’s ok. I always feel like he’s overacting. I just think there are a zillion places they could go and this seems like the most stale. Maybe they’re finding the only interest they can generate on the scale they want is the Skywalker family, I don’t know. Anyway, I’m not much enthused by it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Yeah, I’ve seen Shattered Glass. It’s ok. I always feel like he’s overacting. I just think there are a zillion places they could go and this seems like the most stale. Maybe they’re finding the only interest they can generate on the scale they want is the Skywalker family, I don’t know. Anyway, I’m not much enthused by it.
    I still think the dialogue is the issue. It has to be delivered in an almost Shakespearian overacting way which is why Ian McDiarmid and Christopher Lee did so well in their roles. Angsty, whiny Sith Lord is a hard thing to portray for even the best actors! lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I still think the dialogue is the issue. It has to be delivered in an almost Shakespearian overacting way which is why Ian McDiarmid and Christopher Lee did so well in their roles. Angsty, whiny Sith Lord is a hard thing to portray for even the best actors! lol
    That’s probably fair. I was looking forward to Ewan McGregor coming back, as he was easily the best part of the first three movies (in Star Wars universe chronology) for me. So maybe my disappointment from that seemingly falling through and then to hear the next idea is my least favorite part of those three movies is squashing any excitement I might have about hearing a new series is in the works.

He was a lot better in III and Lucas didn’t write that dialogue, thankfully.

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

That’s probably fair. I was looking forward to Ewan McGregor coming back, as he was easily the best part of the first three movies (in Star Wars universe chronology) for me. So maybe my disappointment from that seemingly falling through and then to hear the next idea is my least favorite part of those three movies is squashing any excitement I might have about hearing a new series is in the works.

He was a lot better in III and Lucas didn’t write that dialogue, thankfully.
    I think the TV shows are good for re-exploring the known timelines, but I hope and pray the new movies explore well past the Skywalker lineage. Still bummed the sequel trilogy played it so safe overall, and the risks it did take were weird for the most part. I still dig the new ones but I want to see more things like the Old Republic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think the TV shows are good for re-exploring the known timelines, but I hope and pray the new movies explore well past the Skywalker lineage. Still bummed the sequel trilogy played it so safe overall, and the risks it did take were weird for the most part. I still dig the new ones but I want to see more things like the Old Republic.
    The final three flat out suck as a trilogy. As standalone features they’re fine, but their lack of consistent storyboarding was really disappointing.

I know everyone here hates Ryen Johnson’s version, but his plot that a Jedi can be anyone and that Rey can be powerful without being anyone is powerful shit.

But then they just wiped it all out in the final one, and completely ruined that cool through line. There’s no better scene in the final three than the servant kid at the end of the Last Jedi picking up the broom with his mind.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The final three flat out suck as a trilogy. As standalone features they’re fine, but their lack of consistent storyboarding was really disappointing.

I know everyone here hates Ryen Johnson’s version, but his plot that a Jedi can be anyone and that Rey can be powerful without being anyone is powerful shit.

But then they just wiped it all out in the final one, and completely ruined that cool through line. There’s no better scene in the final three than the servant kid at the end of the Last Jedi picking up the broom with his mind.
    It’s crazy that there was no overarching plan for that trilogy. I think they REALLY missed the mark with Finn’s lack of character arc. He went from stormtrooper making a choice to some dude who screams, “Reeeeeey!”

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The Last Jedi screwed that entire trilogy. TFA was an okay start, too similar and formulaic but it could have been fine if the second in the series didn't go completely off the rails. TLJ did what it could to undo the shitshow but it was an almost impossible task.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    The Last Jedi screwed that entire trilogy. TFA was an okay start, too similar and formulaic but it could have been fine if the second in the series didn't go completely off the rails. TLJ did what it could to undo the shitshow but it was an almost impossible task.
    Ryen Johnson’s Rey story was 1,000x more interesting than the lazy shit they did in ROS. Oh, she’s a Palpatine! No, wait ... she’s a Slywalker! :barf:

I appreciate The Last Jedi more and more as we get further away from it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Ryen Johnson’s Rey story was 1,000x more interesting than the lazy shit they did in ROS. Oh, she’s a Palpatine! No, wait ... she’s a Slywalker! :barf:

I appreciate The Last Jedi more and more as we get further away from it.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, even the shit ones.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, even the shit ones.
    No, I’m gonna fight this.

“Oh, Palpatine is back out of nowhere” was straight up lazy writing. “Oh, Rey is really a Palpatine” is straight up lazy writing. “Oh, now she’s a Skywalker because she chooses to be,” was lazy writing.

They were just pandering when the storyline that Rey was nobody and nobody can be powerful was the better, well written through line that Disney was too lazy to follow through on.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information