Page 74 of 238 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Shake, you're going to see the movie again today?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I don't know how to rate it. There were parts I liked and even loved. Then there were parts that were exactly what I feared would happen when Disney bought the rights.

I fear Star Wars will never again be as good as Rogue One which I now wholeheartedly believe is easily the best Star Wars movie ever made.
    Especially since Disney is just sucking up all the studios now.

After sleeping on it my biggest issue is that they did something really cool near the end regarding the balance of the Force then almost IMMEDIATELY rolled it back and made it simply bad vs good again.

It's funny how the main theme of this movie was putting things on a pedestal is a bad idea, hubris leads to your own destruction, and that mistakes are our greatest teachers but the movie itself was guilty of almost all of it just by existing. For a movie that talked so much about the balance of all things, I find it fitting that how many times a great moment that I would absolutely love was always weighed down by an equally bad one. It took risks, opened up the Star Wars mythos, but was also safe and small in so many ways. It almost made The Force Awakens a pointless movie because it just cauterized so many plot threads, and I mean that literally in one instance especially.

I do love how I can't quite put my finger on what I liked and what I hated about this film, and it's divisiveness makes me glad I am seeing it again tonight to focus on some shit. I am already dreading having to sit through some parts again, but also really looking forward to some of the good things. Gonna put my main thoughts right now in spoiler-form below:

• Admiral Hondo(? Laura Dern's character can't remember the name) should have been Leia or even Admiral Ackbar's story line. They could have killed Leia off in a beautiful way. I loved the quiet destruction as the ship ripped through the fleet jumping to hyperspace
    • I would have rather seen Luke eating soup for 20 minutes then go through that whole stupid Finn/Rose storyline. It added nothing to the story except slavery, wealth, and animal cruelty are bad. If they had to keep it make it Finn and Poe instead and make it shorter.
    • I ******* hate how cool Rey and Kylo teaming up was only to have it erased in minutes. They could have explored a whole new idea of balance of the Force and instead they just make Kylo the new bad after killing the worthless Snoke. I hope Snoke is still alive somehow, otherwise that is a cheap ass setup and death.
    • Oddly enough I hated Yoda showing up.
    • These new movies make the sacrifices of the characters in the original seem wasted. Not sure how I feel about that.

That is it for now. I may just have to chalk this up to a Star Wars movie I could have done without even though there are some great parts to it. Even the prequels weren't just different for difference sake and they did great world building. These new movies aside from Rogue One feel like a different series. I'll know more how I feel after tonight I guess.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Shake, you're going to see the movie again today?
    Yeah taking my son today. I didn't want him to have to wait in line for hours with me on a school night. I think he will dig most of it.

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

how do I add the spoiler thing? I want to discuss this but don't want to ruin it for people?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    how do I add the spoiler thing? I want to discuss this but don't want to ruin it for people?

I'm guessing (spoiler) (/spoiler) with brackets [ instead of (

testing

*edit* yep, that is it.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Things I didn't like.
    I hated the scene with Luke milking that creature, it was just terrible.
    way too many cutsie animal/creature scenes going on in this one.
    I absolutely hated the Leia back from the dead scene. Despised it.
    Shake makes a great point that it should have been Leia that rammed the cruiser through the ship, that would have been a phenomenal end to her character.
    Rey and Kylo teaming up had such tremendous potential.

Things I did like

Loved the cinematography of the final battle scene. The salt and red dirt/dust was absolutely gorgeous.
    Luke's departure was done well IMHO.
    I liked the decision to make Rey's parents unimportant people and liked that theme carried over to the end with the stable boy with obvious force powers, that was cool.
    I liked the introduction or greater exploration of Jedi Force mind tricks

Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    After sleeping on it my biggest issue is that they did something really cool near the end regarding the balance of the Force then almost IMMEDIATELY rolled it back and made it simply bad vs good again.

It's funny how the main theme of this movie was putting things on a pedestal is a bad idea, hubris leads to your own destruction, and that mistakes are our greatest teachers but the movie itself was guilty of almost all of it just by existing. For a movie that talked so much about the balance of all things, I find it fitting that how many times a great moment that I would absolutely love was always weighed down by an equally bad one. It took risks, opened up the Star Wars mythos, but was also safe and small in so many ways. It almost made The Force Awakens a pointless movie because it just cauterized so many plot threads, and I mean that literally in one instance especially.
    I don't know if I'd say that they "rolled it back" in terms of good vs. evil. Yes, there is conflict between the 2 in all but those who have seared their conscience, meaning that they so completely give into evil by the willfully suppressing of whatever good may be in them to the point that they can no longer hear their conscience confronting them on their action. Granted, most of this view is based more on my personal experiences then what was expressed in the movie, but its the reason why I don't see them as rolling back to a ridgid black & white view of the subject.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

12. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I don't know if I'd say that they "rolled it back" in terms of good vs. evil. Yes, there is conflict between the 2 in all but those who have seared their conscience, meaning that they so completely give into evil by the willfully suppressing of whatever good may be in them to the point that they can no longer hear their conscience confronting them on their action. Granted, most of this view is based more on my personal experiences then what was expressed in the movie, but its the reason why I don't see them as rolling back to a ridgid black & white view of the subject.
    It seemed rigid to me because the dynamic had already been explored with Luke and Vader. In this movie:

They had a chance to subvert the Luke redeeming Vader scenario by having Rey and Kylo, two people with "no one" but each other teaming up and finding a grey area of good vs evil to explore

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

It seemed rigid to me because the dynamic had already been explored with Luke and Vader. In this movie:

They had a chance to subvert the Luke redeeming Vader scenario by having Rey and Kylo, two people with "no one" but each other teaming up and finding a grey area of good vs evil to explore

When Kylo refused to end the bloodshed by ordering his troops to cease fire on the rebel ships, he showed that he had no desire to "find the grey area." He struck down the supreme leader for the sole purpose of becoming the new supreme lead and Rey was the only one who stop him.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

15. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Gonna put my main thoughts right now in spoiler-form below:

• Admiral Hondo(? Laura Dern's character can't remember the name) should have been Leia or even Admiral Ackbar's story line. They could have killed Leia off in a beautiful way. I loved the quiet destruction as the ship ripped through the fleet jumping to hyperspace
    • I would have rather seen Luke eating soup for 20 minutes then go through that whole stupid Finn/Rose storyline. It added nothing to the story except slavery, wealth, and animal cruelty are bad. If they had to keep it make it Finn and Poe instead and make it shorter.
    • I ******* hate how cool Rey and Kylo teaming up was only to have it erased in minutes. They could have explored a whole new idea of balance of the Force and instead they just make Kylo the new bad after killing the worthless Snoke. I hope Snoke is still alive somehow, otherwise that is a cheap ass setup and death.
    • Oddly enough I hated Yoda showing up.
    • These new movies make the sacrifices of the characters in the original seem wasted. Not sure how I feel about that.

I'd definitely prefer that they did the whole Finn/Rose story line completely different, as well as the new Admiral just telling Poe in the 1st place what her plan was so there would've been no need for Finn/Rose unnecessary mission and prevented an unnecessary mutiny. On a side note, I hate how Hollywood thinks it has to invent some kind of conflict between main characters who're supposed to be on the same side.

I like the Rose character overall fighting on after losing her sister in the beginning, I just wish she would've done something useful during that 20 minute useless side trip, like become the 4th member of a Rey/Finn/Poe/Rose quartet.

17. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Another thing Shake...

...if Rey and Kylo teaming up to explore the "Grey area of the force," what do you use that as a basis for a Episode IX plot that SW fans would find interesting?

Chaz, I agree with everything you didn't like about the movie.

For me the worst part of it was the fake Monte Carlo aka Canto Bight storyline. Completely useless.

The middle part of the movie was borderline terrible.

Snoke's death would've been cool if we had a backstory on who he was. I do have to say that I absolutely LOVED the decor of his room.

While I didn't mind Yoda's appearance, they could've done without it. I think it was a cheap nostalgia trick that didn't work.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

going to see tomorrow. i expect to be fully let down by Social Justice Wars.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i checked RT. Audience giving film 50%.

God, i hope Disney didnt **** this up as bad as people are saying.

Awakens was average, Kylo led that film. Rogue one was shit except for 20 second Vader scene at the end.

If they ruin Skywalker for me, i will never forgive this company.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i checked RT. Audience giving film 50%.

God, i hope Disney didnt **** this up as bad as people are saying.

Awakens was average, Kylo led that film. Rogue one was shit except for 20 second Vader scene at the end.

If they ruin Skywalker for me, i will never forgive this company.
    It's typical fanboy whining...The people that hate it, hated TFA awakens too. This time they are pissed because it "distances itself from being like the others, to avoid being called too similar to previous films like TFA was"

Or I've heard other star wars purists whine that it was too kiddy and childish. Lots of silly nitpicking and whining over stuff.

23. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information