Page 48 of 238 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I was watching a show yesterday and they were saying that Disney has stepped back from this show a bit and that they aren't pushing it as much as the last one because they feel it isn't very good. They also said that Disney has lowered their expectations for ticket sales so are not going to spend as much on advertising for it. They have also reshot a lot of scenes because they weren't very good.

I found it odd, I would think everyone that is interested in Star Wars is going to watch it at least once no matter what they hear about it.
    The story is actually that Disney felt it was "too dark" which is what many Star Wars fans actually want. The rumored reshoots were to make the movie more "fun", or whatever the hell that means. After movies like Batman v Superman got neutered for their theatrical release only to find an audience with the extended cuts on home video, the studio execs need to get the hell away from what they "think" people will like. They tried like crazy to make Deadpool PG-13. That movie only works as is with the R-rating.

EDIT: Speaking of marketing, Disney is doing a shit job with it. The trailers are great, but many people that aren't big geeks like me are going to think this is the next Star Wars (Episode 8) instead of a side story/prequel. I saw the first trailer in the theater and a woman in front of me asked her friend where Rey was in the trailer. I wanted to kick her in the back of the head.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    True, but they could easily kill off characters in this one to show the kind of sacrifices they made. At least they will if they have any artistic integrity!
    I could see a "Dirty Dozen" or "Magnificent Seven" type ending in which almost all of the good guys sacrifice themselves to make sure of the success of the mission; the final one to die would be lying their wounded as Vader stands over him/her. Knowing the he/she is about to die, he/she looks defiantly at Vader an shouts out a statement of defiance right as his light saber slices off their head. However, it wouldn't be Darth Vader winning at the end because Rouge One will succeed in getting the plan to the rebels.
    Last edited by FanInAZ; 10-14-2016 at 05:11 PM.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    "Many Bothan spies died to bring you this information." -Mon Mothma

There are only two things we know. People died and they got the plans. I hope Disney has the balls to allow the director to make that story, rather than trying to sugar coat it.
    I thought that statement was made at the beginning of Return of the Jedi, but its been along time since I've watched either movie, so I could be getting them mixed up.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I could see a "Dirty Dozen" or "Magnificent Seven" type ending in which almost all of the good guys sacrifice themselves to make sure of the success of the mission; the final one to die would be lying their wounded as Vader stands over him/her. Knowing the he/she is about to die, he/she looks defiantly at Vader an shouts out a statement of defiance right as his light saber slices off their head. However, it wouldn't be Darth Vader winning at the end because Rouge One will succeed in getting the plan to the rebels.
    Did you just describe braveheart?

6. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    If I'm not getting my "rebel against British tyranny" movies mix-up, William Wallace was betrayed and executed. It possible that this could happen in this movie, but that's not my 1st guess.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    At Wallace's execution (movie version) he dropped his wife's handkerchief (Death Star Plans), which is recovered and smuggled to Eric the Bruce (Rebels).

Freedom!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    At Wallace's execution (movie version) he dropped his wife's handkerchief (Death Star Plans), which is recovered and smuggled to Eric the Bruce (Rebels).

Freedom!!!!!

You're straining really, really hard to connect those dots. Be careful you don't throw your back out

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I keep seeing Rav use the "Bothan spies" quote a lot in reference to Rogue One. That quote has nothing to do with this movie. That quote is from "Return of the Jedi" and referred to the Emperor being aboard the second, still under construction Death Star. The Bothans are short, furry, dog-like humanoids and are not represented in any Star Wars movies to date. As a Star Wars nerd myself, I felt obligated to clear that up. *adjusts nerd glasses and takes puff off of inhaler*.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 11-22-2016 at 01:17 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Tickets went on sale Monday and I snagged one for the early show on Thursday at 7PM and then another afternoon show at the Alamo for Saturday to take my son and his friend. Early buzz has been good, and I dig the look of the aliens so far:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rogue-one-bistan-700x394.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	9827

The efforts of the Rebellion have drawn warriors from across the galaxy, fighting to liberate their homes and free their people from the oppression of the Empire. Though Bistan wants to ensure the freedom of fellow lakaru, truth is, he’d rather fight no matter what, relishing the thrill of action.

Name:	rogue-one-edrio-two-tubes-700x394.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	9828

Edrio Two Tubes is a mercenary pilot who flies alongside his eggmate, Benthic. They share the nickname derived from the breathing apparatus that allows Tognath physiology to process oxygen atmospheres. Edrio’s native world of Yar Togna was conquered and occupied by the Empire, forcing him to flee as a refugee. With a desire to strike back at the Empire, Edrio and Benthic have allied with Saw Gerrera.

Name:	rogue-one-moroff-700x394.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	9829
    Moroff seeks out combat zones in the galaxy to sell his brawn and firepower to anyone who might need it. Not interested in the details of the Empire versus rebels conflict, the mighty Gigoran mercenary figures there’s money to be made for a towering heavy gunner of great strength.

Name:	rogue-one-pao-700x394.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	9830
    An amphibious Drabata, the fierce commando Pao charges into battle with the Empire while shouting a full-throated battle cry of “Sa´kalla!” as is his custom. He joins the Rogue One team on its historic mission to secure the Death Star plans.
    The early buzz is from a 20 minute preview they gave the media. Its confirmed that there is no opening crawl and that the movie looks fantastic. You can read more (spoilers) here: http://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-bits-23/

13. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Ha! I love Zack Snyder. He is a huge Star Wars fanboy and he just recut the Batman v Superman trailer with a Star Wars theme for fun:

Man...I did not really realize it was this close to go time on Rogue One! I cannot wait!

16. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Man...I did not really realize it was this close to go time on Rogue One! I cannot wait!
    Yeah many theaters are doing early screenings next Thursday. I have tickets for 7pm next week!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Yeah many theaters are doing early screenings next Thursday. I have tickets for 7pm next week!
    We have tickets for 7pm on the 15th. Can't wait. The kids are really looking forward to it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

19. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    We have tickets for 7pm on the 15th. Can't wait. The kids are really looking forward to it.
    Still not quite sure about how I feel about having Star Wars in December instead of its usual May slot, but it is nice for it not to have to compete with all the other tentpole movies. And though this is a prequel to A New Hope, I am really looking forward to seeing a Star Wars movie that really focuses on the "War" aspects. The trailers show space battles! Haven't seen a true space battle since Revenge of the Sith. Plus the Imperial Walkers are my all time favorite movie machine and they look to be featured heavily in this movie. And though it sounds like his screen time is limited, Vader sounds like he will be a terrifying figure in this movie from some rumors I've read.

21. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Still not quite sure about how I feel about having Star Wars in December instead of its usual May slot, but it is nice for it not to have to compete with all the other tentpole movies. And though this is a prequel to A New Hope, I am really looking forward to seeing a Star Wars movie that really focuses on the "War" aspects. The trailers show space battles! Haven't seen a true space battle since Revenge of the Sith. Plus the Imperial Walkers are my all time favorite movie machine and they look to be featured heavily in this movie. And though it sounds like his screen time is limited, Vader sounds like he will be a terrifying figure in this movie from some rumors I've read.
    What's the over/under on times you and your family go see it? For me and the kids I'm setting the over/under at 3.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information