Page 171 of 238 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Your right, but you're combine 2 separate issues. Luke show up to distract on the planet to provoke Kylo into a 1-on-1 dual that prevented the First Order troops from advancing into the cave to wipe them all out.
    Ok, I'm not even talking about that battle, it had nothing to do with holdo. She was already dead. Not sure why that's even brought up here.

And yes, holdo sacrificing herself saved the group time, not plot armor (whatever that is).

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    If it wasn't for holdo, they would have all been wiped out.
    If a script writers weren't so incompetent, they would've put so many limitations on what the Resistance had to work with that they wouldn't have need the First Order commanders to be as incompetent as they were in order to survive. It could've made for a more exciting move the OJ in space chase that dominated more then half the movie.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

And yes, holdo sacrificing herself saved the group time, not plot armor (whatever that is).
    You've never heard the term "plot armor" before? It means that if you important to the plot, you can't possibly die no matter how bad the situation is. If you're important enough, everyone with in a 1 mile radius may die, but you'll survive for no explainable reason. In this situation, almost all of the main characters all needed to survive so they could finish the trilogy.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

If a script writers weren't so incompetent, they would've put so many limitations on what the Resistance had to work with that they wouldn't have need the First Order commanders to be as incompetent as they were in order to survive. It could've made for a more exciting move the OJ in space chase that dominated more then half the movie.
    Then just say that, don't discredit holdo because you didn't like the writing on about amillion scenes leading up to that. Discredit her on poe's account when he caused all that. It's just ridiculous that every god damn female character someones got a damn issue with.

Luke is a whiny ass bitch, but I'm not throwing that shit out all over the place.

Lay off the friggen ladies, they aren't your issue, the writing is, as you admited.

Actually, didn't all of the survivors were able to fit on the Millennium Falcon? So it was probably more like .00001% survived. If it weren't for plot armor, they would've all been wiped out.
    She had to make up a plan on the fly. Why? Because she wasn't expecting to be in that situation that day. Exactly what super awesome plan was available?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The feminist agenda thing was a little heavy handed, let's be honest. I mean it's like they had a writing meeting and every character discussion ended with "oh and let's make it a female!"

It doesn't bother me if the movie is good but in the case of TLJ it was just one more reason to roll my eyes at what was the worst Star Wars movie ever made.

8. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

It's hard to make a plot armor argument when many people died, Luke died, then many more people died as well.

Her plan was that they would keep chasing her ship, she thought they were cloaked, IIRC. Then, when she was watching them get shot at, she sacrificed herself then and there. So what plot armor? What actual plot armor? That the main characters survived and just enough resistance fighters were left? There were already a ton of casualties from the other fights.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Ok so an incidental character died to save the rest of the group, and that's abad thing now? Cause it happens in a shit ton of movies. I guess killing off majors would have been better? Just not seeing the point of that.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    The feminist agenda thing was a little heavy handed, let's be honest. I mean it's like they had a writing meeting and every character discussion ended with "oh and let's make it a female!"

It doesn't bother me if the movie is good but in the case of TLJ it was just one more reason to roll my eyes at what was the worst Star Wars movie ever made.
    How terrible, to include females in an all boys club.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post

Holdo was a war hero and appeared in the books. Poe thought he would be named captain and got pissy. Then had a mutiny. What feminist agenda? Is it a feminist agenda if a woman doesn't put up his a man's shit? To, and this isn't me talking to my boy chazoe, just thinking out loud, have these things like a woman doesn't put up with shit/hold dudes accountable being feminist is a really weird sentiment to me.

It can't be 'flyboy' as a sarcastic shot because Princess Leia did it and that wasn't called out.

It can't be her not dealing with Poe because he's an insubordinate shit weasel -still my favorite character- and why would she. It wouldn't be her continuing to style on him because he deserved it.

What is the agenda? What am I missing in my ivory tower?

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

GEM

This is why I don't take that argument of feminism in this shit seriously:

https://www.gq.com/story/angry-fan-r...-less-feminist

Yesterday, word broke that some dude had recut Star Wars: The Last Jedi to adhere more closely to an incredibly sexist vision for the franchise that's as brazen and awful as it is unsurprising. This new version cut out any moment of significance any female character held, and reduced their actions to solely things that facilitated the story's men. While The Last Jedi, in all its groundbreaking glory, clocks in at a hefty 152 minutes, its "De-Feminized" counterpart lasts only 46, which should tell you something about the quality of this "edit." Anyway, I watched it, and despite being a full 108 minutes lighter, it somehow felt even longer and more convoluted than the original.

Here is a quick list of things that are different about this edit from The Last Jedi:

Rey is enthusiastically trained by Luke, but isn't as "strong" as before.

Kylo Ren straight-up kills his mother, General Leia Organa mere minutes into the film.

Snoke isn't killed, but rather disappears with a laugh just before Ren manages to slice him in two (a very basic, very sad attempt to "fade" him out seems like it was achieved in Photoshop with roughly 3 minutes' work).

In perhaps the funniest "movie" scene of 2018 so far, Luke is unceremoniously killed with the very first laser blast on the salt planet.

There is absolutely no hint of Laura Dern's character, Admiral Holdo, meaning Poe Dameron is hastily edited into her position, just before killing himself for no reason by ramming the cruiser at lightspeed into Snoke's ship.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

How terrible, to include females in an all boys club.
    Yeah, that's what I said.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Then just say that, don't discredit holdo because you didn't like the writing on about amillion scenes leading up to that. Discredit her on poe's account when he caused all that. It's just ridiculous that every god damn female character someones got a damn issue with.

Luke is a whiny ass bitch, but I'm not throwing that shit out all over the place.

Lay off the friggen ladies, they aren't your issue, the writing is, as you admited.
    I was going to write a response to what I didn't like about Poe in response to 1 of Shane's post, but I was engaged by several people who mistook my responses as me siding with Poe. Nevertheless, portions of a couple of posts that no one seem to take much notice of did at least hint at that.

...Poe of The Last Jedi wasn't the same as Poe of The Force Awakens. See the paragraph that you didn't respond to in the previous post.
    The biggest problem I have, with Hollywood in general, is they try to stuff too much conflict into the scripts. For all the flack that Finn & Rose have gotten, at least they spent the entire film getting long with each other in order they could keep their eyes on their ultimately meaningless side mission, after Rose got over Finn’s attempt to desert. That’s the thing, she actually got over it, no one else on either side demonstrate any ability to get over past disappointments in order to work together to fulfill their objectives like the military professionals that they were supposed to be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Holdo was a war hero and appeared in the books. Poe thought he would be named captain and got pissy. Then had a mutiny. What feminist agenda? Is it a feminist agenda if a woman doesn't put up his a man's shit? To, and this isn't me talking to my boy chazoe, just thinking out loud, have these things like a woman doesn't put up with shit/hold dudes accountable being feminist is a really weird sentiment to me.

It can't be 'flyboy' as a sarcastic shot because Princess Leia did it and that wasn't called out.

It can't be her not dealing with Poe because he's an insubordinate shit weasel -still my favorite character- and why would she. It wouldn't be her continuing to style on him because he deserved it.

What is the agenda? What am I missing in my ivory tower?
    Just listening to this tells me it's a movie with an agenda, and ... idk... no thanks. The agenda can be fine and I might even agree with it...it's just an agenda is there when it was supposed to be a movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information