Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1048

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

  1. #1006
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    If it is Knights of the Old Republic, it will be amazing!
    Yeah if they can set it in another era it would be ideal. The Skywalker story makes the Universe too small if they continue it.

  2. #1007
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere Kansas
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah if they can set it in another era it would be ideal. The Skywalker story makes the Universe too small if they continue it.
    There are so many things they can do with the universe. They could jump forward 100 years and tell a new story in the distant aftermath of the Skywalkers. (somewhat like what they did in the comics with Cade Skywalker)

  3. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:


  4. #1008
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    31,660

    Default

    Thought you nerds might be interested in seeing/hearing this:



    I'm a nerd too - just not as big of one as many of you!

  5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:


  6. #1009
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tracy, CA
    Posts
    17,782

    Default

    I know some are mad that they are making new Star Wars movies but I sure as hell am not! I say keep cranking these babies out. I love sci fi movies and if they can make a new Marvel movie each year and have success then so can Star Wars.
    "Precision beats power. Timing beats speed" - Conor McGregor

  7. #1010
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    One more week left to go!

    What would you like to see in this movie? I would like to see Force Ghosts of Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi with a better CGI face of Alec Guinness. I hope we can see more actions from Luke Skywalker with his green or blue lightsaber. Hope, it's not a red one.

  8. #1011
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chad kelly
    Posts
    7,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    One more week left to go!

    What would you like to see in this movie? I would like to see Force Ghosts of Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi with a better CGI face of Alec Guinness. I hope we can see more actions from Luke Skywalker with his green or blue lightsaber. Hope, it's not a red one.
    I want to see Princess Leia go out in a manner worthy of her character.
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  9. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:


  10. #1012
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I want to see Princess Leia go out in a manner worthy of her character.
    Yeah. I think this episode will be darker and emotional.

  11. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:


  12. #1013
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    One more week left to go!

    What would you like to see in this movie? I would like to see Force Ghosts of Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi with a better CGI face of Alec Guinness. I hope we can see more actions from Luke Skywalker with his green or blue lightsaber. Hope, it's not a red one.
    I want to see more connectivity to the other six movies. We had one mention of clones in Episode VII but not much else. I think seeing an Anakin Force ghost, which they almost did in The Force Awakens, would be a cool callback to the character and a possible way that Snoke could manipulate Kylo more. This is concept art from the last visual dictionary that was scrapped before it was shot:



    But most of all I want to see some creativity. If we can stay away from a desert planet for one movie I would be thrilled. Some new ships that aren't just black painted versions of older ships, new dreadnought class ships, and an honest to god space battle. I don't want to be watching the movie and thinking, "This is JUST like The Empire Strikes Back".
     
    And I want to see Luke kick some ass with his green lightsaber again. He better not be just like waving his hand around, I want to see him engage in battle with the Knights of Ren or something like it has been rumored.


    From the spoilers and trailers it looks like they are on the right track. Canto Bight (the casino planet) looks great and though it looks like we are getting another battle with walkers at least the planet looks more alien than the last movie's planets. I really hope this movie is dark, the dark films in the saga are my favorites like ESB and Revenge of the Sith.

  13. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:


  14. #1014
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere Kansas
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    I got two free tickets from work today to our local theater. I know what I'm using those on

  15. #1015
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    16,717

    Default

    apparently rey can learn all of the force within a few months.

    while it took every other master years or even decades to learn it.
    BringKingBack
    IwantmyLawyer


  16. #1016
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere Kansas
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    apparently rey can learn all of the force within a few months.

    while it took every other master years or even decades to learn it.
    I'm sure there is a lot more to it than that and I'm sure it will be explained.

  17. #1017
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bey Bey
    Posts
    78,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    apparently rey can learn all of the force within a few months.

    while it took every other master years or even decades to learn it.
    This always makes me laugh.

    It’s a made up space world with a mysterious energy that fuels an order of knights, swords made of light, alien races and warp speed. But her learning something quickly? Nah, that’s too far. Totally unbelievable.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I wasn't being especially serious, I just thought you were retarded enough that your comment was genuine

  18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  19. #1018
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    apparently rey can learn all of the force within a few months.

    while it took every other master years or even decades to learn it.
    Shiiiiit, Luke had a pretty good handle on The Force in a quick ride on the Falcon with his blast shield down. Then he became a "Master" by by balancing rocks while doing a handstand. As much as people hate it, George Lucas explained this with Midichlorians. They are like symbiotic parasites that make a person more in tune with the Force the more they have. It's canon that Lukes dad had a high count of those ******** so I'm sure he passed it on to his kid. The rumor is that Rey is a manifestation of the Force itself (like how Anakin was born of the Force through manipulation of it by Palpatine) and represents more of a gray area within it. The Force Awakens was more than a clever title, and we have yet to learn if she actually HAS parents or who/what they are.

  20. #1019
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I want to see more connectivity to the other six movies. We had one mention of clones in Episode VII but not much else. I think seeing an Anakin Force ghost, which they almost did in The Force Awakens, would be a cool callback to the character and a possible way that Snoke could manipulate Kylo more. This is concept art from the last visual dictionary that was scrapped before it was shot:



    But most of all I want to see some creativity. If we can stay away from a desert planet for one movie I would be thrilled. Some new ships that aren't just black painted versions of older ships, new dreadnought class ships, and an honest to god space battle. I don't want to be watching the movie and thinking, "This is JUST like The Empire Strikes Back".
     
    And I want to see Luke kick some ass with his green lightsaber again. He better not be just like waving his hand around, I want to see him engage in battle with the Knights of Ren or something like it has been rumored.


    From the spoilers and trailers it looks like they are on the right track. Canto Bight (the casino planet) looks great and though it looks like we are getting another battle with walkers at least the planet looks more alien than the last movie's planets. I really hope this movie is dark, the dark films in the saga are my favorites like ESB and Revenge of the Sith.
    Good read. I think Rey will turn to the dark side. Kylo Ren and Rey will go against Luke Skywalker because they think Luke killed their grandfather in Return of the Jedi. They got a twisted story from somewhere. However, Han Solo told Rey and Finn about what happened to Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren at Luke's Jedi temple.

    Rey could be Luke Skywalker's daughter or Obi-Wan Kenobi's granddaughter. So, her last name would be Skywalker or Kenobi.

  21. #1020
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere Kansas
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This always makes me laugh.

    It’s a made up space world with a mysterious energy that fuels an order of knights, swords made of light, alien races and warp speed. But her learning something quickly? Nah, that’s too far. Totally unbelievable.
    Honestly, I'm a huge fan of the series, always have been. But it cracks me up when people get so wrapped up in the rules and restrictions of this made up world that they can't just enjoy the movie, they've gotta nitpick.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. So I hear they remade Star Wars Episode I
    By sneakers in forum Movies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 10:23 AM
  2. New Star Wars: The Clone Wars Trailer
    By MasterShake in forum Movies
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 02:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group