Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry

Shop Denver Broncos Super Bowl Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I just found a massive plot hole in Rogue One and it's bugging the shit out of me. The shield, on the tropical planet. How the hell do the rebel fighters get through to battle the walkers if they can't even send a damn signal from the surface to just above the shield without eliminating the shield or opening the shield door?
    Are you taking about the ships? About a dozen X-Wings and one U-Wing slip through before they close the gate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taste the Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Are you taking about the ships? About a dozen X-Wings and one U-Wing slip through before they close the gate.
    MO is such a MOron
    • "My dream is for Slim and Dave to gain that biblical knowledge at the same time." Spiker
    • "Elections are coming down to who promises the most "free" shit to the largest group of the least deserving." Chazoe60
    • "I reject the implication that lube and pink dildos aren't useful." Buff
    • "Franchise Tagged Lives Matter..but not as much as guaranteed money." Jaded
    • "If I had to choose which turd I was going to be forced to eat, I'd probably rather the one with a little seasoning on it." CoachChaz

Adopted Bronco:
    Bey Bey

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The gate that they didn't allow a transport ship through without a clearance code?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    So many of my posts are genius I forget them

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The gate that they didn't allow a transport ship through without a clearance code?
    They were incognito at that point. The Xwings were just in invasion mode. The gate is normally open because it's a pain to open and close. Before they could close it some rebel ships made it in after that it was closed and caused all the trouble for the rebel spies. That's my understanding anyway.
    This aggression will not stand, man!

6. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taste the Rainbow

They had engaged their cloaking device and sneaked in unseen
    • "My dream is for Slim and Dave to gain that biblical knowledge at the same time." Spiker
    • "Elections are coming down to who promises the most "free" shit to the largest group of the least deserving." Chazoe60
    • "I reject the implication that lube and pink dildos aren't useful." Buff
    • "Franchise Tagged Lives Matter..but not as much as guaranteed money." Jaded
    • "If I had to choose which turd I was going to be forced to eat, I'd probably rather the one with a little seasoning on it." CoachChaz

Adopted Bronco:
    Bey Bey

I watched again and will accept that answer with some serious skepticism.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    So many of my posts are genius I forget them

Adopted Bronco:
    Brock Osweiler

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    They were incognito at that point. The Xwings were just in invasion mode. The gate is normally open because it's a pain to open and close. Before they could close it some rebel ships made it in after that it was closed and caused all the trouble for the rebel spies. That's my understanding anyway.
    That makes as much sense as waiting until someone approaches your house before turning on the burglar alarm, or until you smell smoke before turning on the fire alarm, especially if the alarm are such a pain to turn off and on that 13 bad guys could get into your house before you get the alarm activated.
    Iím an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Aspergerís, feel free to ask. Iím not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    That makes as much sense as waiting until someone approaches your house before turning on the burglar alarm, or until you smell smoke before turning on the fire alarm, especially if the alarm are such a pain to turn off and on that 13 bad guys could get into your house before you get the alarm activated.
    Nah, it made sense in the context of the movie. I actually just watched it again last night. The whole point was the main group was going to be infiltrating while the rest ran a diversion on the perimeter of the data comms tower and above Scarif. They wanted to spread the forces around the islands to give the main team a fighting chance. They wanted it to "seem" like an assault that was just trying to hit a military installation when in fact the REAL mission was getting the Death Star Plans. Pretty classic war maneuver for sabotage and subterfuge type missions. Remember Krennic didn't even get involved until he found out Jyn was making her way to the plans repository, then even Vader had to step in and he was pretty pissed off at that point.

Look up Hutier Tactics and just imagine the clean up crew would be Rebel Spies:

Hutier tactics

Named for the German general of the infantry Oskar von Hutier, infiltration attacks began with brief and violent bombardments of the enemy front lines, to suppress and demoralize enemy combatants stationed there. The bombardment also targeted enemy rear areas to destroy or disrupt roads, artillery, and command units.

This was done to confuse the enemy, and reduce their capability to launch effective counterattacks from secondary defense lines. For maximum effect, the exact points of attack remained concealed until the last possible moment.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiltration_tactics

Jyn and company never really started their mission until the bombardment and battle was in full effect.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information