Page 117 of 118 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1768

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

  1. #1741
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    C Kelly
    Posts
    19,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Great. Another character that will no doubt juat get the death treatment... Why didnt he make an earlier appearance?
    Ruin Johnson

  2. #1742
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chad Kelly
    Posts
    10,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Great. Another character that will no doubt juat get the death treatment... Why didnt he make an earlier appearance?
    Ruin Johnson
    Tch
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  3. #1743
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry
    Posts
    13,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Great. Another character that will no doubt juat get the death treatment... Why didnt he make an earlier appearance?
    I have a feeling that whole casino sequence in The Last Jedi was supposed to have Lando in it originally but I know his health was worse a few years ago. It would have made more sense for him to be there instead of some random guy wearing a flower pin.

  4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:


  5. #1744
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    47,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    They'll probably have him wearing a dress and call him Linda...........I kid.......I kid...
    Man, he could make that scene work, though.
    Fearful Symmetry

  6. #1745
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater
    Posts
    4,255

    Default

    STAR WARS: EPISODE IX CAST ANNOUNCED

    RETURNING AND NEW CAST MEMBERS WILL JOIN TOGETHER FOR THE FINAL INSTALLMENT OF THE SKYWALKER SAGA.

    Star Wars: Episode IX will begin filming at London’s Pinewood Studios on August 1, 2018. J.J. Abrams returns to direct the final installment of the Skywalker saga. Abrams co-wrote the screenplay with Chris Terrio.

    Returning cast members include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Billie Lourd. Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie, Richard E. Grant, and Keri Russell, who will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.

    The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”

    Composer John Williams, who has scored every chapter in the Star Wars saga since 1977’s A New Hope, will return to a galaxy far, far away with Episode IX.

    Star Wars: Episode IX will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Michelle Rejwan, and executive produced by Callum Greene and Jason McGatlin. The crew includes Dan Mindel (Director of Photography), Rick Carter and Kevin Jenkins (Co-Production Designers), Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer), Neal Scanlan (Creature and Droid FX), Maryann Brandon and Stefan Grube (Editors), Roger Guyett (VFX Supervisor), Tommy Gormley (1st AD), and Victoria Mahoney (2nd Unit Director).

    Release is scheduled for December 2019.
    https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...cast-announced

  7. #1746
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry
    Posts
    13,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Not surprised Luke is coming back since Force Ghosts are established, but I really wish they would've wrapped up Carrie's role in the last film all things considered. Having her do the kamikaze attack on the fleet would've done her character justice instead of having Holdo do it. I just want them to end this series on a high note at this point.

  8. #1747
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris Jr.
    Posts
    84,905

    Default

    Of course he’ll be a force ghost. That’s why the complaining about his death was so dumb.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Good point. Let me clarify.

    I am an idiot

  9. #1748
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris Jr.
    Posts
    84,905

    Default

    The thing I still can’t figure out is why Benicio del Toro’s character was even there to begin with. If there’s not a payoff, or he’s not even in the third movie, that makes the casino stuff even more useless.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Good point. Let me clarify.

    I am an idiot

  10. #1749
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry
    Posts
    13,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The thing I still can’t figure out is why Benicio del Toro’s character was even there to begin with. If there’s not a payoff, or he’s not even in the third movie, that makes the casino stuff even more useless.
    VIII basically ignored everything that VII set up. It's very frustrating. "Luke left a map! This will drive the plot of The Force Awakens!" then Luke in Last Jedi, "I came here to DIE how did you find me???"

    Uh, the map you left. Dumbass. It's like Rian Johnson just hit a big reset button and there is only one movie left...

  11. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:


  12. #1750
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater
    Posts
    4,255

    Default

    I can tell Lando Calrissian will fly the Millennium Falcon with Chewbacca.

  13. #1751
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris
    Posts
    9,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    VIII basically ignored everything that VII set up. It's very frustrating. "Luke left a map! This will drive the plot of The Force Awakens!" then Luke in Last Jedi, "I came here to DIE how did you find me???"

    Uh, the map you left. Dumbass. It's like Rian Johnson just hit a big reset button and there is only one movie left...
    Just inexcusable. How the script or filming got approved at any stage is mind blowing.
    I said the second Wade Phillips left that he was more valuable to our defense than Von Miller. As much as I love Von, I still stand by that statement. Elway’s worst mistake was letting Wade walk. His second? Hiring Vance Joseph.

  14. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:


  15. #1752
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry
    Posts
    13,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Just inexcusable. How the script or filming got approved at any stage is mind blowing.
    It sucks because on it's own there are some interesting concepts going on in The Last Jedi but they do not work as the second act of a 3 act series. I didn't need to learn that Rey's parents were Skywalker's or Kenobi's, I didn't need Luke to be the same optimistic Jedi from ROTJ, but I needed it to at least respect SOME of what they setup in The Force Awakens.

    To me, TFA had some problems but at least it tried to establish some things that would be explained going forward. Instead The Last Jedi ignored practically all of it and forced in new characters and storylines that added nothing to the overall world-building.

    For as "subversive" as Rian Johnson tried to be by throwing the audience curveballs, he instead landed the fans and the story right back at where we were in the beginning of A New Hope. A small band or Rebels must take on an unstoppable evil military led by a deranged Skywalker with personal issues? How original.

    They could've gone literally anywhere with these movies and instead we get a retread and then a return to Episode IV. Say what you want about the prequels, but at least they added background to the conflicts of the original trilogy. This still all feels like fan fiction. Thank god for Rogue One and Solo for keeping the spirit of the originals and adding to them despite being hamstrung by existing in timeframes that are already established. I still don't get how the First Order was so powerful when the Empire was crippled.

  16. #1753
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris
    Posts
    9,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    It sucks because on it's own there are some interesting concepts going on in The Last Jedi but they do not work as the second act of a 3 act series. I didn't need to learn that Rey's parents were Skywalker's or Kenobi's, I didn't need Luke to be the same optimistic Jedi from ROTJ, but I needed it to at least respect SOME of what they setup in The Force Awakens.

    To me, TFA had some problems but at least it tried to establish some things that would be explained going forward. Instead The Last Jedi ignored practically all of it and forced in new characters and storylines that added nothing to the overall world-building.

    For as "subversive" as Rian Johnson tried to be by throwing the audience curveballs, he instead landed the fans and the story right back at where we were in the beginning of A New Hope. A small band or Rebels must take on an unstoppable evil military led by a deranged Skywalker with personal issues? How original.

    They could've gone literally anywhere with these movies and instead we get a retread and then a return to Episode IV. Say what you want about the prequels, but at least they added background to the conflicts of the original trilogy. This still all feels like fan fiction. Thank god for Rogue One and Solo for keeping the spirit of the originals and adding to them despite being hamstrung by existing in timeframes that are already established. I still don't get how the First Order was so powerful when the Empire was crippled.
    yeah. J.J. Abrams had the chops and at least a healthy respect and appreciation for the weight of the project and the lore. How you go from him to Rian Johnson is unfathomable. It’s like eating prime rib one night, then spam out of a can the next.
    I said the second Wade Phillips left that he was more valuable to our defense than Von Miller. As much as I love Von, I still stand by that statement. Elway’s worst mistake was letting Wade walk. His second? Hiring Vance Joseph.

  17. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:


  18. #1754
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez, Rahim Moore
    Posts
    27,796

    Default

    Rain Johnson was good in the Office tho.

  19. #1755
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere Kansas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Vance Joseph's Future Pink Slip
    Posts
    7,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Not surprised Luke is coming back since Force Ghosts are established, but I really wish they would've wrapped up Carrie's role in the last film all things considered. Having her do the kamikaze attack on the fleet would've done her character justice instead of having Holdo do it. I just want them to end this series on a high note at this point.
    But why reason would they have to do that with her? They had plans for her in the next movie and had no idea she would pass so suddenly. Besides, I'm happy they killed of Admiral Holdo. She and Canto Blight were the two worst parts of that movie by a long shot. I don't know how they managed to make Laura Dern portray such an unlikable character, but she freaking sucked.

    I re-watched it on netflix the other day and kept wishing that someone would pull a blaster out and put us out of our misery.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. So I hear they remade Star Wars Episode I
    By sneakers in forum Movies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 10:23 AM
  2. New Star Wars: The Clone Wars Trailer
    By MasterShake in forum Movies
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 02:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group