Page 69 of 238 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Shiiiiit, Luke had a pretty good handle on The Force in a quick ride on the Falcon with his blast shield down. Then he became a "Master" by by balancing rocks while doing a handstand. As much as people hate it, George Lucas explained this with Midichlorians. They are like symbiotic parasites that make a person more in tune with the Force the more they have. It's canon that Lukes dad had a high count of those ******** so I'm sure he passed it on to his kid. The rumor is that Rey is a manifestation of the Force itself (like how Anakin was born of the Force through manipulation of it by Palpatine) and represents more of a gray area within it. The Force Awakens was more than a clever title, and we have yet to learn if she actually HAS parents or who/what they are.
    it took Luke 3 films to get good at dueling. He also lost his hand in the process.

Rey learns about the force and 15 mins later is doing mind trick on stormtroopers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This always makes me laugh.

It’s a made up space world with a mysterious energy that fuels an order of knights, swords made of light, alien races and warp speed. But her learning something quickly? Nah, that’s too far. Totally unbelievable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

https://www.inverse.com/article/3912...y-force-powers

Daisy Ridley Says Rey Is More Powerful in the Force Than Mace Windu

In a rapid-fire video interview with Collider published Wednesday, Ridley compared Rey’s Force powers to those of other Force-wielders from Star Wars, namely Mace Windu, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Palpatine.

She rather quickly stated that Yoda and Obi-Wan were more powerful than Rey, but Ridley felt the question was more complicated when she was compared to Dark side users. “I think power is a good thing,” she says in the video before admitting Rey was more powerful than Anakin.
    well thats disney being disney. Windu was one of the most powerful saber duelists in the franchise, he in fact mastered the 7th style, which no jedi has done before, without flipping to the dark side.... which arguably allowed him to almost defeat palpatine.

Some random chick who just learns of the force is only less powerful then two of the most powerful jedis of the franchise, yoda and Kenobi.

But stronger then anakin?

LOL WUT?
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 12-08-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

And furthermore , these trailers insisting that she follows Kylo into the dark side, is such bull.

Just like they did with the Rogue One Trailers. "What will you do when they catch you" (proceeds to show Jyn in Imperial uniform)

Oh wait that never happened and was just a lie.

Just like this trailer is trying to trick people.

dishonest trailers pisses me off more then Rey learning how to use the force instantly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    And furthermore , these trailers insisting that she follows Kylo into the dark side, is such bull.

Just like they did with the Rogue One Trailers. "What will you do when they catch you" (proceeds to show Jyn in Imperial uniform)

Oh wait that never happened and was just a lie.

Just like this trailer is trying to trick people.

dishonest trailers pisses me off more then Rey learning how to use the force instantly.
    I'm not arguing that she isn't a Mary Sue (as a matter of fact, I don't even really care for TFA as a movie) but what I am saying is I am willing to suspend disbelief that she is something new to the Star Wars mythos that could explain her quick grasp of the Force. Luke even mentions his fear of her "Raw Power" in the trailers.

EDIT: And you are correct about the misdirect in the trailers. The scene of Kylo holding out his hand after Rey asks the question are 2 different scenes entirely.

6. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

well thats disney being disney. Windu was one of the most powerful saber duelists in the franchise, he in fact mastered the 7th style, which no jedi has done before, without flipping to the dark side.... which arguably allowed him to almost defeat palpatine.

Some random chick who just learns of the force is only less powerful then two of the most powerful jedis of the franchise, yoda and Kenobi.

LOL WUT?

8. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

LOL WUT?
    She's got a **** load of those metachlorian thingies, alright.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    She's got a **** load of those metachlorian thingies, alright.
    I heard she actually only had a shit ton of 'em.

Maybe Shane can audit and get back to us on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

12. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Next up for the Star Wars standalone movies? Obi-Wan from the looks of it! As long as they bring back Ewan McGregor this is fantastic news!
    ...Lucasfilm expects to begin filming the Obi-Wan film at Pinewood Studios UK sometime in January of 2019. That would keep the project on-schedule to arrive by 2020, assuming there are no unexpected bumps in the road along the way. With Avatar 2 set to reach theaters in December 2020, the Obi-Wan movie will presumably be a May release like next year’s Solo: A Star Wars Story. That would put about six months between the film and Episode IX‘s release.
    https://screenrant.com/obi-wan-movie-production-start/

15. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Next up for the Star Wars standalone movies? Obi-Wan from the looks of it! As long as they bring back Ewan McGregor this is fantastic news!

https://screenrant.com/obi-wan-movie-production-start/
    That's awesome! I'm hoping they will write a story about what happened to Obi-Wan Kenobi in between episode III and IV.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

So looks like Rey is Obi Wans child then

Tickets bought and now on countdown. Can't freaking wait! !!

19. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

So looks like Rey is Obi Wans child then
    Nah at the best he could be her grandfather and that is a huge leap of judgment already. The Force Awakens takes place 30 years after ROTJ when Obi Wan was just a blue ghost. The timing does not add up at all. I hope to God she is not related to any established character in the Universe it makes things seem too small.

21. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    That's awesome! I'm hoping they will write a story about what happened to Obi-Wan Kenobi in between episode III and IV.
    That is the rumor. It will be a Seven Samurai type movie if they go off the established stories from that timeframe, where Obi Wan basically has to protect a small town or something by just being a badass.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information