Page 62 of 238 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I just found a massive plot hole in Rogue One and it's bugging the shit out of me. The shield, on the tropical planet. How the hell do the rebel fighters get through to battle the walkers if they can't even send a damn signal from the surface to just above the shield without eliminating the shield or opening the shield door?
    Are you taking about the ships? About a dozen X-Wings and one U-Wing slip through before they close the gate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Are you taking about the ships? About a dozen X-Wings and one U-Wing slip through before they close the gate.
    MO is such a MOron

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The gate that they didn't allow a transport ship through without a clearance code?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The gate that they didn't allow a transport ship through without a clearance code?
    They were incognito at that point. The Xwings were just in invasion mode. The gate is normally open because it's a pain to open and close. Before they could close it some rebel ships made it in after that it was closed and caused all the trouble for the rebel spies. That's my understanding anyway.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

They had engaged their cloaking device and sneaked in unseen

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I watched again and will accept that answer with some serious skepticism.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    They were incognito at that point. The Xwings were just in invasion mode. The gate is normally open because it's a pain to open and close. Before they could close it some rebel ships made it in after that it was closed and caused all the trouble for the rebel spies. That's my understanding anyway.
    That makes as much sense as waiting until someone approaches your house before turning on the burglar alarm, or until you smell smoke before turning on the fire alarm, especially if the alarm are such a pain to turn off and on that 13 bad guys could get into your house before you get the alarm activated.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    That makes as much sense as waiting until someone approaches your house before turning on the burglar alarm, or until you smell smoke before turning on the fire alarm, especially if the alarm are such a pain to turn off and on that 13 bad guys could get into your house before you get the alarm activated.
    Nah, it made sense in the context of the movie. I actually just watched it again last night. The whole point was the main group was going to be infiltrating while the rest ran a diversion on the perimeter of the data comms tower and above Scarif. They wanted to spread the forces around the islands to give the main team a fighting chance. They wanted it to "seem" like an assault that was just trying to hit a military installation when in fact the REAL mission was getting the Death Star Plans. Pretty classic war maneuver for sabotage and subterfuge type missions. Remember Krennic didn't even get involved until he found out Jyn was making her way to the plans repository, then even Vader had to step in and he was pretty pissed off at that point.

Look up Hutier Tactics and just imagine the clean up crew would be Rebel Spies:

Hutier tactics

Named for the German general of the infantry Oskar von Hutier, infiltration attacks began with brief and violent bombardments of the enemy front lines, to suppress and demoralize enemy combatants stationed there. The bombardment also targeted enemy rear areas to destroy or disrupt roads, artillery, and command units.

This was done to confuse the enemy, and reduce their capability to launch effective counterattacks from secondary defense lines. For maximum effect, the exact points of attack remained concealed until the last possible moment.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiltration_tactics

Jyn and company never really started their mission until the bombardment and battle was in full effect.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

So my friend is a Stereo Compositor for the Star Wars franchise.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6510502/

Super pumped for him.

But as for new trailer.

After watching the Rogue one trailer, and see how they went out of their way to mislead what the story was about

"She becomes an imperial""What will you do when they catch you, and flip you?"

And then seeing the actual flick, where none of the stuff was even in the film from the trailer, my guess is they are doing the exact same thing here with "The jedi order must end".

I have a severe dislike for trailers that intentionally mislead the audience.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    So my friend is a Stereo Compositor for the Star Wars franchise.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6510502/

Super pumped for him.

But as for new trailer.

After watching the Rogue one trailer, and see how they went out of their way to mislead what the story was about

"She becomes an imperial""What will you do when they catch you, and flip you?"

And then seeing the actual flick, where none of the stuff was even in the film from the trailer, my guess is they are doing the exact same thing here with "The jedi order must end".

I have a severe dislike for trailers that intentionally mislead the audience.
    That was due to the reshoots which turned out to be pretty substantial. They pretty much changed the entire third act and all the Vader stuff with him murdering people was shot months before the premiere. The director even mentioned the one shot of Jyn standing up and the lights turning on behind her was actually a warmup shot before he even called action but the trailer makers just thought it looked cool.

Marketing schedules dictate when a film trailer drops, regardless of how much they have finalized. Another good example of this is the leadup to Batman v Superman where a few shots were more or less the same composition but the effects were not even close to being finalized. For example when Bruce was running into the smoke during the opening scene you can see about three different iterations of quality between that and the final film.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

That was due to the reshoots which turned out to be pretty substantial. They pretty much changed the entire third act and all the Vader stuff with him murdering people was shot months before the premiere. The director even mentioned the one shot of Jyn standing up and the lights turning on behind her was actually a warmup shot before he even called action but the trailer makers just thought it looked cool.

Marketing schedules dictate when a film trailer drops, regardless of how much they have finalized. Another good example of this is the leadup to Batman v Superman where a few shots were more or less the same composition but the effects were not even close to being finalized. For example when Bruce was running into the smoke during the opening scene you can see about three different iterations of quality between that and the final film.
    This is weird but I always think of the trailer for Major League when talking about scenes in trailers that didn't make the final cut. In the Major League trailer they showed this scene which I found transcript of on IMDB
    [from trailer; cut from final film; line reincarnated in Major League II]
    Jake Taylor: [Vaughn is lamenting the long home run he gave up] That ball wouldn't have been out of a lot of parks.
    Rick Vaughn: Name one.
    Jake Taylor: Yellowstone?
    I could never understand why they cut this line, it's a great line.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

This is weird but I always think of the trailer for Major League when talking about scenes in trailers that didn't make the final cut. In the Major League trailer they showed this scene which I found transcript of on IMDB

That's funny. I even remember the line! Finished it in my head as I started reading it again. .. It is a good line.

16. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Man, I haven't seen that movie in ages. Know what I am doing tonight!

18. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Shake, were you at DIA today?

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18199394_10154713584148525_4106232186173274778_n.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	10490

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information