Page 49 of 238 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    What's the over/under on times you and your family go see it? For me and the kids I'm setting the over/under at 3.
    I'm seeing it twice for sure. Thursday at the Harkins Cine Capri and Saturday with my son and his friend at the Alamo. I try to see Star Wars movies at least 3 times in the theater.

EDIT: Here are my counts:

Star Wars original release: Once at the theater when it played before Empire Strikes Back at the drive in in 1983. This was a special showing leading up to the release of Return of the Jedi.

Empire Strikes Back: 2 times. The Drive-in show mentioned above and then at the old continental theater. I have very fuzzy memories of this I just remember the battle of Hoth mostly.

Return of the Jedi: 2 times. Opening day with my parents and then my uncle took me again later that summer. Got the Burger King glasses after that show!

Special Editions: Saw each one once as they came out in the theater. I loved seeing them again and I "mostly" liked the changes. That Jabba scene in A New Hope should have stayed buried and I didn't like the musical number in Jabba's palace.

The Phantom Menace: 4 times. I'm very nostalgic for this movie and the period leading up to it. We had the Star Wars celebration in Denver and I met Ray Park (Darth Maul) and Anthony Daniels just walking around. Very cool. The movie had weak spots but it has the BEST lightsaber duel.

Attack of the Clones: 3 times including a special IMAX screening on a real IMAX screen in Colorado Springs. Due to the size of the IMAX film stock they cutout pretty much the entire love story so it could fit in the canister. That is the best cut of that movie.

Revenge of the Sith: My second favorite Star Wars film. Saw it about 5 times in the theater.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 12-09-2016 at 11:44 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I'm seeing it twice for sure. Thursday at the Harkins Cine Capri and Saturday with my son and his friend at the Alamo. I try to see Star Wars movies at least 3 times in the theater.

EDIT: Here are my counts:

Star Wars original release: Once at the theater when it played before Empire Strikes Back at the drive in in 1983. This was a special showing leading up to the release of Return of the Jedi.

Empire Strikes Back: 2 times. The Drive-in show mentioned above and then at the old continental theater. I have very fuzzy memories of this I just remember the battle of Hoth mostly.

Return of the Jedi: 2 times. Opening day with my parents and then my uncle took me again later that summer. Got the Burger King glasses after that show!

Special Editions: Saw each one once as they came out in the theater. I loved seeing them again and I "mostly" liked the changes. That Jabba scene in A New Hope should have stayed buried and I didn't like the musical number in Jabba's palace.

The Phantom Menace: 4 times. I'm very nostalgic for this movie and the period leading up to it. We had the Star Wars celebration in Denver and I met Ray Park (Darth Maul) and Anthony Daniels just walking around. Very cool. The movie had weak spots but it has the BEST lightsaber duel.

Attack of the Clones: 3 times including a special IMAX screening on a real IMAX screen in Colorado Springs. Due to the size of the IMAX film stock they cutout pretty much the entire love story so it could fit in the canister. That is the best cut of that movie.

Revenge of the Sith: My second favorite Star Wars film. Saw it about 5 times in the theater.
    I hate the phantom menace personally for obvious reasons (Ani and Jar Jar) but I agree, it had a fantastic saber duel. Not only that, but how can you not enjoy seeing Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor in the same movie?

I'll probably watch it once in theaters and then several times after.I don't have time to watch movies in theaters anymore.

4. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I hate the phantom menace personally for obvious reasons (Ani and Jar Jar) but I agree, it had a fantastic saber duel. Not only that, but how can you not enjoy seeing Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor in the same movie?

I'll probably watch it once in theaters and then several times after.I don't have time to watch movies in theaters anymore.
    Phantom Menace is far from my favorite, but it has a lot going for it. Ewan McGregor and Neeson being very good casting choices to start with, the production design and originality (something the Force Awakens was SEVERELY missing), and some of the effects like the Pod Race and even Watto still hold up. Plus I love everything from the beginning to when they stow-away to Naboo. After that it is pretty much the Pod Race then the lightsaber duel. Duel of the Fates is one of the best scores to any Star Wars movie period.

Overall I liked the prequels. On paper the story was fantastic but the execution was off. They were pretty visually stunning for their time and pretty much hold up today. It's funny to see a lot of the kids that grew up with them coming out to not only defend them but prefer them to the original trilogy. Nothing will capture the magic of Star Wars I had when I was a kid, so I just accept the newer ones for what they are.

Revenge of the Sith is a legit ******* good movie to me though. Very operatic and closest in tone to TESB.

EDIT for prosperity:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. A New Hope
    4.The Force Awakens
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. Return of the Jedi
    7. The Phantom Menace

If Rogue One fits somewhere in the middle I will be happy.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 12-09-2016 at 01:56 PM.

6. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Phantom Menace is far from my favorite, but it has a lot going for it. Ewan McGregor and Neeson being very good casting choices to start with, the production design and originality (something the Force Awakens was SEVERELY missing), and some of the effects like the Pod Race and even Watto still hold up. Plus I love everything from the beginning to when they stow-away to Naboo. After that it is pretty much the Pod Race then the lightsaber duel. Duel of the Fates is one of the best scores to any Star Wars movie period.

Overall I liked the prequels. On paper the story was fantastic but the execution was off. They were pretty visually stunning for their time and pretty much hold up today. It's funny to see a lot of the kids that grew up with them coming out to not only defend them but prefer them to the original trilogy. Nothing will capture the magic of Star Wars I had when I was a kid, so I just accept the newer ones for what they are.

Revenge of the Sith is a legit ******* good movie to me though. Very operatic and closest in tone to TESB.

EDIT for prosperity:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. A New Hope
    4.The Force Awakens
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. Return of the Jedi
    7. The Phantom Menace

If Rogue One fits somewhere in the middle I will be happy.

If I were to put my order it would be more like

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. The Force Awakens
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. A New Hope
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Attack of the Clones
    7. Phantom Menace.

Revenge to me was terrible...Hayden Christensen really ruined that one for me and Ewan McGregor by himself lifted the movie above the other two prequel movies (His "you were the chosen one" speech was by far one of the best moments of the film) and really it wasn't that the movie on a whole was bad...it was that Hayden Christensen was one of the worst actors of all freaking time....I dunno...I'm very anti-prequel personally, so obviously I'm biased heavily against it, but so much of that trilogy was ruined for me by bad acting, terrible writing of dialog (which may have made the acting seem worse than it truly was) and Jar Jar Binks...

I really, really like the direction Disney has taken with The Force Awakens and I'm looking forward to the two stand alones. The only thing I didn't like about TFA was the fact that we didn't get a single line of dialog from Luke. I'm a huge Mark Hamil fan (Love his version of the joker and loved him as the Trickster on the new and old TV versions of The Flash) I really was looking forward to seeing him revisit a less hammy character (because lets be honest, he hams it up in his comic book rolls which is part of why I love them) Oh well... We'll see that next year hopefully.

8. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

This is my opinion.

1. The Empire Strikes Back (Best of all.)
    2. A New Hope (Classic)
    3. The Force Awakens (The Force Awakens had a big emotional moment.)
    4. Return of the Jedi (Love Jabba the Hutt and Han Solo story. Not a huge fan of Ewoks.)
    5. Revenge of the Sith (Surprisingly good at the end.)
    6. Attack of the Clones (Too much GCI)
    7. The Phantom Menace (Worst of all)

10. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    This is my opinion.

1. The Empire Strikes Back (Best of all.)
    2. A New Hope (Classic)
    3. The Force Awakens (The Force Awakens had a big emotional moment.)
    4. Return of the Jedi (Love Jabba the Hutt and Han Solo story. Not a huge fan of Ewoks.)
    5. Revenge of the Sith (Surprisingly good at the end.)
    6. Attack of the Clones (Too much GCI)
    7. The Phantom Menace (Worst of all)
    Yea, the end of ROTS was good. The duel and Ewan McGregor really carry it. As for the Ewoks. I was fairly young the firs time I watched Jedi so that's likely why they never really bothered me.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

If I were to put my order it would be more like

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. The Force Awakens
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. A New Hope
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Attack of the Clones
    7. Phantom Menace.

Revenge to me was terrible...Hayden Christensen really ruined that one for me and Ewan McGregor by himself lifted the movie above the other two prequel movies (His "you were the chosen one" speech was by far one of the best moments of the film) and really it wasn't that the movie on a whole was bad...it was that Hayden Christensen was one of the worst actors of all freaking time....I dunno...I'm very anti-prequel personally, so obviously I'm biased heavily against it, but so much of that trilogy was ruined for me by bad acting, terrible writing of dialog (which may have made the acting seem worse than it truly was) and Jar Jar Binks...

I really, really like the direction Disney has taken with The Force Awakens and I'm looking forward to the two stand alones. The only thing I didn't like about TFA was the fact that we didn't get a single line of dialog from Luke. I'm a huge Mark Hamil fan (Love his version of the joker and loved him as the Trickster on the new and old TV versions of The Flash) I really was looking forward to seeing him revisit a less hammy character (because lets be honest, he hams it up in his comic book rolls which is part of why I love them) Oh well... We'll see that next year hopefully.
    I liked the Force Awakens but the complaints about it basically being a reboot of A New Hope are warranted. I loved the new characters though, and they gave Han Solo a proper sendoff. I was disappointed with the lack of Luke as well but it sounds like he plays a huge part in the next movie. As long as there are no desert orphans, mega planet lazers, or anything else like that I will be happy.

I will never defend the prequels to someone that doesn't like them, they just hit me in a good way because I am REALLY into mythology and I see what they were trying to do. I wish I could be more like my son with my bias, he just thinks it's all one big cool story. I can't even get him him to side with DC vs Marvel. His favorites are Iron Man and Batman, I'm like, "YOU MUST CHOOSE". Kids today don't know the struggle.

14. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Nerds.

You guys have the force awakens way too high.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Can't wait to take my nephew and my Aunt. She's going nuts waiting.

19. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

I liked the Force Awakens but the complaints about it basically being a reboot of A New Hope are warranted. I loved the new characters though, and they gave Han Solo a proper sendoff. I was disappointed with the lack of Luke as well but it sounds like he plays a huge part in the next movie. As long as there are no desert orphans, mega planet lazers, or anything else like that I will be happy.

I will never defend the prequels to someone that doesn't like them, they just hit me in a good way because I am REALLY into mythology and I see what they were trying to do. I wish I could be more like my son with my bias, he just thinks it's all one big cool story. I can't even get him him to side with DC vs Marvel. His favorites are Iron Man and Batman, I'm like, "YOU MUST CHOOSE". Kids today don't know the struggle.
    I mean if I have to choose between Marvel and DC....DC's gonna win that everytime just because of the dude my avatar references. Marvel kicks butt when it comes to movies, but for comics/TV I'm a bit of a DC guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    You guys have the force awakens way too high.
    I like it so it's not too high for me. We all don't have to have the exact same opinion. I didn't get the whole bashing it as a "reboot of a new hope" Sure it shared similarities, but there were vast amounts of differences.

I dunno, I thoroughly enjoyed it, it hit me right in the nostalgia which is always going to be a win for me.

I was a bit let down. I blame Shake.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

23. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I mean if I have to choose between Marvel and DC....DC's gonna win that everytime just because of the dude my avatar references. Marvel kicks butt when it comes to movies, but for comics/TV I'm a bit of a DC guy.
    From the looks of it The Flash is going to be the star of the Justice League movie that comes out next year. I'm really excited for that and Wonder Woman now that Geoff Johns and Ben Affleck are kind of heading up the creative aspects of the DCEU.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Nerds.
    Well, why are you here?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information