Page 227 of 238 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    The new SW movies were for intellectuals. You can mostly draw conclusions based on those lines. The people who liked it are mostly intelligent and educated (not necessarily formal education) vs. the ones who didn't are mostly not educated people and have little use for nuance.

There's your thread.
    I'm not an intellectual
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The new SW movies were for intellectuals. You can mostly draw conclusions based on those lines. The people who liked it are mostly intelligent and educated (not necessarily formal education) vs. the ones who didn't are mostly not educated people and have little use for nuance.

There's your thread.
    I'm not an intellectual
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I wouldnt quite go that far.
    I said mostly.

That makes it okay and accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I'm not an intellectual
    Yes you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I'm not an intellectual
    Just because you post it twice doesn't make it right!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Yes you are.

Just because you post it twice doesn't make it right!
    That's the 2nd time today I registered a double post that I didn't intend. I caught the 1st 1, but not this 1.

7. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

There's your thread.
    Spoken like a person who believes he's the smartest person in any room he walks into. Until they need their car fixed, their house built, their pluming unclogged, a short circuit troubleshot or basically anything that isn't in a textbook fixed.

Your post is disappointing because its elitist drivel and should be beneath you. You're better than that so be better.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Spoken like a person who believes he's the smartest person in any room he walks into. Until they need their car fixed, their house built, their pluming unclogged, a short circuit troubleshot or basically anything that isn't in a textbook fixed.

Your post is disappointing because its elitist drivel and should be beneath you. You're better than that so be better.
    I said most, so what more do you want? You don't think there are educated idiots? Buddy, there are people that like those films just because it irks libertarians. It's the lowest level dipshittery there is. But that dipshit is in 'my tribe' to put it broadly. On the flip side of things, the morons who hate it because it portrays women in a certain light, or it doesn't pass whatever arbitrary purity test they put forth....those are on your side, right? Nope. I'm not taking it in that direction.

By my definition, you're on the educated person side of things. Your criticism goes deeper than 'bright hair color lady bad'. You're just one of the educated persons who it doesn't click with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The post by Poet came across to me as tongue in cheek but maybe I’m dense.

I defended the prequels during their release because I honestly enjoyed them, and in a subjective sense I can understand why others enjoy the new ones. Eventually I got tired of defending an opinion and just enjoyed them and the people that grew up with them now shower the prequels with un-ironic love which makes me feel less crazy about my position back then. I’m sure eventually all the kids that grew up watching 7-9 will do the same someday.

I consider it a 9 movie saga with highs and lows but overall it’s still my favorite franchise. So much to take or leave at this point that I often wonder why to this day people still can’t let some things go, but I get it’s important to different people for different reasons.

Looking forward to seeing new SW stuff soon, especially a return to the big screen where it belongs! If all I get out of Disney is Rogue One, The Mandalorian, Solo, and a good Kenobi series I’ll be happy. 7-9 sit proudly on my shelf, I just don’t revisit them as much. Especially The Last Jedi lol

11. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The post by Poet came across to me as tongue in cheek but maybe I’m dense.

I defended the prequels during their release because I honestly enjoyed them, and in a subjective sense I can understand why others enjoy the new ones. Eventually I got tired of defending an opinion and just enjoyed them and the people that grew up with them now shower the prequels with un-ironic love which makes me feel less crazy about my position back then. I’m sure eventually all the kids that grew up watching 7-9 will do the same someday.

I consider it a 9 movie saga with highs and lows but overall it’s still my favorite franchise. So much to take or leave at this point that I often wonder why to this day people still can’t let some things go, but I get it’s important to different people for different reasons.

Looking forward to seeing new SW stuff soon, especially a return to the big screen where it belongs! If all I get out of Disney is Rogue One, The Mandalorian, Solo, and a good Kenobi series I’ll be happy. 7-9 sit proudly on my shelf, I just don’t revisit them as much. Especially The Last Jedi lol
    I just dont like the idea of thinking someone is smart or dumb based on whether or not they like a movie. And for the record I really like 2 out of the final 3 movies, I just also happen to think that the other one is hot garbage.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I just dont like the idea of thinking someone is smart or dumb based on whether or not they like a movie. And for the record I really like 2 out of the final 3 movies, I just also happen to think that the other one is hot garbage.
    Episode 7 & 9 are fun action flicks to me, and while I liked some ideas in 8 it was just too much undone from episode 7 for a second movie which should advance the plot. Still, I liked Kylo killing Snoke and he and Rey forming a Force connection. If they would’ve ended the movie with his motives still unclear and Rey having to make a decision it would’ve been an Empire Strikes Back father reveal level moment for me. At the end of Episode 8 our heroes are basically where they are at the end of Episode 7. It is what it is obviously at this point but who knows if my ideas would’ve been any better.

Id see another Rian Johnson Star Wars movie as a stand-alone in a heartbeat though. Just make it a self contained story and keep Luke far away from him!

15. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

There are educated idiots who exist on tumblr and are nothings. There are uneducated geniuses who go on to do great things. I just proffer that someone's educational level will have a correlation with those movies if for no other reason than the narrative around them. It was mostly a tongue and check comment, I mean I could spin it in a way that mocks one side or the other side with ease. That's why I thought it would get a few laughs and a 'eh, maybe there's some truth there' type of reaction. Sorry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

This looks cool:

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    This looks cool:

I really cannot wait. That looks awesome.

In terms of plot, season 2 is when they have to start telling us what the creature is and where he comes from, IMO. This will explain so much about actual Yoda (not baby Yoda), and it has to be the payoff. If they don’t do that, I’ll be disappointed. I’m torn, because I’d like for more of a mystery payoff than we got in season 1, but I feel like they’re going to slow play that too far, try to drag that into four seasons, because that payoff kind of ends the series.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Also stop telling us Pedro is a stud and show us that Pedro is a stud. The baby Yoda shuts the blaster doors on his pod is a cool little film trick, but come on...show me Mando kicking some ass.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

22. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Also stop telling us Pedro is a stud and show us that Pedro is a stud. The baby Yoda shuts the blaster doors on his pod is a cool little film trick, but come on...show me Mando kicking some ass.
    Yeah. Need at least one of those spine-tingly 'badass' moments. MO as a student of fiction you have probably heard the concept of the 'badass moment'. Not so easy to manufacture but you know it when you see it.

Kind of like this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/com...cene_you_have/

And yeah, go read Abercrombie if you haven't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

24. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information