Page 200 of 238 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I love it. Someone criticizes what they perceive to be a feminist agenda in SW and they're basically told to shut up. When a feminist complains about a perceived anti woman message in SW and someone tells her to shut up, the response is "Apparently there can be no critical thought on Star Wars"

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I love it. Someone criticizes what they perceive to be a feminist agenda in SW and they're basically told to shut up. When a feminist complains about a perceived anti woman message in SW and someone tells her to shut up, the response is "Apparently there can be no critical thought on Star Wars"
    This doesn't seem fair. I don't think he has to shut up, I just think his premise is false and poorly defended. I don't think I told anyone to shutup, just have a better argument.

If someone could actually show how the 'feminist agenda' of purple lady acting like...a logical person would is bad, I'd have respected it more. I have some respect for the Rose arguments, because that character was just sorta bleh.

What you posted isn't what happened. As such, I must...fart in your general direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    critical thought sure. Feminazi thought. Hard pass.
    What i don't understand - is why someone else view of a movie is so important to you to the point you need to keep bring up their critique of it to justify your own?

I mean i am a proud SJW, it is why i joined the Army, it is why i was so keen to serve on operations around the world, it is why i am a social worker now, it is why i genuinely believe representation matters - but that does not mean all SJW have the same opinion - just like any walk of life, there are idiots

As someone who is in the process of writing their dissertation for their masters in Domestic and Sexual Violence - i can comfortably disagree with that twitter post you posted, but that opinion in no way impacts my ability to enjoy the move for what it is - a great western!

5. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Lawdog is a prosecutor.

He goin' style on me.
    good job i am innocent

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

see people keep saying representation matters. No it doesn't. Especially when its not true representation. At that point it doesn't become representation, it just becomes privilege.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

lmao its so absurd.

I guess the part where "If I see it and I think it's BS I'll call it out," is glossed over.

If representation doesn't and it's just privilege, then what do you call it when everything is blanket white?

You can literally find studies talking about the effects of representation in media.

'
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

This doesn't seem fair. I don't think he has to shut up, I just think his premise is false and poorly defended. I don't think I told anyone to shutup, just have a better argument.

If someone could actually show how the 'feminist agenda' of purple lady acting like...a logical person would is bad, I'd have respected it more. I have some respect for the Rose arguments, because that character was just sorta bleh.

What you posted isn't what happened. As such, I must...fart in your general direction.
    Looks like you are still caught up on "the Force is female".

Guess what, the force is the force. It has no gender. Only someone with an agenda would say that.

Looks like you are still caught up on "the Force is female".

Guess what, the force is the force. It has no gender. Only someone with an agenda would say that.
    Do you want to apologize to me now that you know the shirt was from Nike's Air Force One shoes, at an event sponsored by Nike?

The Force is the Force! If you ever put anyone in there who isn't white, or too many females, or a female who is mean to pilots even if they really ****** up then everything is bad and wrong!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Nobody seems to care when a black movie is all black. I think it was one of the purge movies, the director flat out said he wanted to make a movie with a 100% black cast and crew. Where was all the diversity hand wringing then? It's the same way nobody bashes Mexico or Japan for not being diverse enough.

13. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Do you want to apologize to me now that you know the shirt was from Nike's Air Force One shoes, at an event sponsored by Nike?

The Force is the Force! If you ever put anyone in there who isn't white, or too many females, or a female who is mean to pilots even if they really ****** up then everything is bad and wrong!
    lmao Nike. Yup. The Colin Kapernick spokesman. No agenda over there.

lmao Nike. Yup. The Colin Kapernick spokesman. No agenda over there.
    Air Force Ones.

The shoe.

A ******* shoe.

Promoting shoes.

Trying to sell shoes.

Nobody seems to care when a black movie is all black. I think it was one of the purge movies, the director flat out said he wanted to make a movie with a 100% black cast and crew. Where was all the diversity hand wringing then? It's the same way nobody bashes Mexico or Japan for not being diverse enough.
    It's because those movies are incredibly rare.

Mexico and Japan aren't multicultural countries.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

All these japanese and chinese in Kung Fu movies. Super racist supremacists.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

That movie about the Great Wall of China had Matt Damon in it, and that was deemed whitewashing by the woke people. One white dude in the film.

I guess representation really only matters if its anyone other then the white devil.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information