Page 17 of 238 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': Mark Hamill on his emotional -- and scruffy -- return as Luke Skywalker

“I don’t know that I’m even completely recovered from my state of shock,” Hamill says. “Part of the experience of [Star Wars] in my life was coming down from that, putting it behind me. We had a beginning, middle, and an end. And I certainly, in a million years, never expected to return. I thought, even if they do more trilogies, my story is over.”

He says George Lucas once made it clear to him, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and the rest of the original cast that he wouldn’t be exploring the world beyond the events of Return of the Jedi.

“George had told us that he wasn’t going to do them many, many years ago—but times and circumstances change,” Hamill says. Like when the Walt Disney Co. paid north of $4 billion for the Lucasfilm empire in 2012, for instance.
    http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/12/1...s-mark-hamill/

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

yes, money usually changes things

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

4. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    'Star Wars: The Force Awakens': Mark Hamill on his emotional -- and scruffy -- return as Luke Skywalker

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/12/1...s-mark-hamill/
    Well.. Lucus kept his word. He didn't do a movie that went past the Return of the Jedi, and still isn't.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Just a little mini-update of some cool concept art leaks of the newer X-Wings. These are very similar to the shots in the teaser trailer of the X-Wings skimming the surface of the water:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xwing2_large.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	6476

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xwing3_large.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	6477

Also there seems to be some major movements on the Spinoff/Standalone film as production starts to ramp up. Currently they are casting a younger female lead and from Making Star Wars.com comes this news:

I was talking to a some friends today around the Pinewood Studios sphere trying to fish out some info on the next Star Wars stand-alone spin-off #1 set for 2016. Here are some rumors from the crew members and such from Pinewood and what a few people at Pinewood are hearing about the new film:

Expect more on-location shooting than for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Crew members are hearing their start dates now.

Many believe they are doing a lot of work on-location in Mexico for the first spin-off.

There have been some Star Wars: The Force Awakens re-shoots going down recently at Pinewood using some of those people.

Bounty hunters are important to the film.

Painters are expected to redress some set pieces from The Force Awakens and there are lots of cost cutting measures like that in place for the first spin-off film. Most of the reshoot materials are to be saved when possible for this reason.
    http://makingstarwars.net/2015/01/fi...kens-reshoots/

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Just a few more rumored plot details for those who want some ***SPOILERS***:

The implication is that basically Rey and Luke go into hiding at exactly the same time for the same reason. She is the daughter of Han and Leia and she’s tasked with protecting a lightsaber that can open a proverbial Pandora’s Box of evil. Artifacts being sought after by Kylo Ren are collected because they’re trying to figure out which artifact will open the tomb. Luke Skywalker is guarding the tomb and being tormented by evil spirits that appears half crazed from the duty he’s been on.

Domhnall Gleeson was a rebel for many years and he’s the son of “a huge character.” But he defected to the Empire when he learned that the Rebels had constructed a super weapon in secret. With less than honorable people in the Rebel Alliance now, Gleeson’s character is tasked with hunting Finn while also on a secret mission to destroy both super weapons of the Empire and the Rebels.

Gwendoline Christie is his lead shock trooper. She’s a chrome trooper with black and red cape that is hunting Finn. She uses a lightsaber, is arrogant, demeaning, and kills indiscriminately. Her face is heavily scarred and she has a military haircut. Yes, the ability to cloak herself did come up and it supposedly is used twice in the movie.

Here is some elaboration:

Luke is in hiding during much of The Force Awakens. He has put himself in a self imposed exile and is protecting an ancient Sith tomb from being opened by the main bad guy, Kylo Ren.
    http://makingstarwars.net/2015/02/st...rumors-galore/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

George Lucas only has himself to blame, he built a media empire and then allowed each branch to have separate heads. The last three films didn't live up to expectations but beside that he had a publishing powerhouse and video game development branch that were ranking in millions per year, then game branch screwed over many of their long-time fans by scrapping a long awaited project for an MMORPG that literally was a POS (and they admitted it was because they thought it more lucrative) and told the gamers to get over it and the MMORPG failed disastrously. When fans asked Lucas why he basically told them to screw off and that he was done.

I love Star Wars and am glad that Disney purchased the rights, I hope they can justify it by turning out some great films and rejuvenate the franchise.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    George Lucas only has himself to blame, he built a media empire and then allowed each branch to have separate heads. The last three films didn't live up to expectations but beside that he had a publishing powerhouse and video game development branch that were ranking in millions per year, then game branch screwed over many of their long-time fans by scrapping a long awaited project for an MMORPG that literally was a POS (and they admitted it was because they thought it more lucrative) and told the gamers to get over it and the MMORPG failed disastrously. When fans asked Lucas why he basically told them to screw off and that he was done.

I love Star Wars and am glad that Disney purchased the rights, I hope they can justify it by turning out some great films and rejuvenate the franchise.
    I don't know if I would call the prequels a disaster unless you are talking about in a critical sense (I think each one was #1 at the box office their respective years except for 2002 when Spiderman beat Attack of the Clones) but I get what you are saying. I have high hopes for how Disney handles Lucasfilm after how they have handled Marvel, but don't forget they did plenty of damage after they bought the rights. The first thing they did was wipe out the Extended Universe and cancel some cool looking games like Star Wars 1313. But at least we have a new Battlefront to look forward to, those games were always awesome!

Right now my biggest worry is not with Episodes VII, VIII, and IX but with the standalone films. I love Star Wars but I worry about over saturation with a movie coming out every year until 2019. Regardless I am looking forward to sharing a new Star Wars with my son this coming Christmas time!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I don'k know. After the way Marvel has BOOMED with the independent movies along with the "Avengers"... I think the Disney execs have figured this shit out. I'm VERY excited about the individual movies. I'm a big sci-fi guy... and the better the sci-fi just means more of it. I think a Boba Fett movie, could be awesom (if done correctly)... I can see a Captain American vibe except from the 'bad' perspective......or the Winter Soldier, perspective. Because of Captain America, it gives me pretty strong hopes of them capturing some pretty incredible action scenes with a 'dark' feel behind it.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I don't know if I would call the prequels a disaster unless you are talking about in a critical sense (I think each one was #1 at the box office their respective years except for 2002 when Spiderman beat Attack of the Clones) but I get what you are saying. I have high hopes for how Disney handles Lucasfilm after how they have handled Marvel, but don't forget they did plenty of damage after they bought the rights. The first thing they did was wipe out the Extended Universe and cancel some cool looking games like Star Wars 1313. But at least we have a new Battlefront to look forward to, those games were always awesome!

Right now my biggest worry is not with Episodes VII, VIII, and IX but with the standalone films. I love Star Wars but I worry about over saturation with a movie coming out every year until 2019. Regardless I am looking forward to sharing a new Star Wars with my son this coming Christmas time!
    I agree about them wiping out the extended universe which was so rich, 1313 was actually cancelled before Disney bought the rights Shake, that was part of the FU that George Lucas threw at the fans, they quit development of all games. It was Disney that decided to move forward with Battlefront. I would not be surprised to see Disney complete 1313 sometime because it does take place within the kept verse.

But I watch Star Wars Rebels with my son, and I have to admit it's a hell of a lot better then the Clone Wars from a writing perspective and production standpoint. And seeing the success of Captain America, Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, etc. Not to mention the director did kick *** with Star Trek, I think Star Wars will be vastly improved from the last three.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I agree about them wiping out the extended universe which was so rich, 1313 was actually cancelled before Disney bought the rights Shake, that was part of the FU that George Lucas threw at the fans, they quit development of all games. It was Disney that decided to move forward with Battlefront. I would not be surprised to see Disney complete 1313 sometime because it does take place within the kept verse.
    *Puts on nerd glasses and takes puff from inhaler

Actually the timeline was that Disney bought Lucasfilm and began their consolidation efforts which led to the project being shut down:

On March 1, 2013, it was reported that the game had been "on hold" ever since The Walt Disney Company's purchase of Lucasfilm, stating that Disney will focus mostly on Star Wars film-related projects, as also with Disney's Animated Film Frozen. However, a LucasArts representative reported that "Star Wars 1313 was continuing production".[11]

On April 3, 2013, it was announced that The Walt Disney Company had ceased internal development at LucasArts and laid off its staff, except a skeleton crew of less than 10 employees which would allow LucasArts to remain open as a licensor.[12] As a result, all projects were shut down, including Star Wars 1313. A Lucasfilm representative stated: "After evaluating our position in the games market, we’ve decided to shift LucasArts from an internal development to a licensing model, minimizing the company's risk while achieving a broader portfolio of quality Star Wars games. As a result of this change, we've had layoffs across the organization."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_1313

I never really looked at George Lucas' sale of his company as an F-You to fans, but rather a gift. He heard the complaints about the prequels and when asked by TMZ if he would make more Star Wars movies a year before the sale his answer was a hard and direct "No."

I think the only F-You he ever gave some fans was not releasing the original unaltered trilogy on Bluray, but I'm sure that is even in the pipeline. It was Disney that ripped apart Lucasfilm and consolidated it, but I think from those ashes we will get something cool.

I do agree with you and Ravage that so far everything looks good. I love JJ Abrams, the Rebels cartoon is must see TV for me and my son, and Disney/Marvel's track record with their movies is a good sign.

The three standalone movies I would like to see are a Boba Fett film, Obi-Wan and his years between Episodes III and IV with Ewan McGregor (the best part of the prequels), and an Old Republic movie with BRAND NEW characters. What I am afraid of is that we are going to get a movie like Baby Yoda which tries to be a comedy or some dumb crap like that.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Actually the timeline was that Disney bought Lucasfilm and began their consolidation efforts which led to the project being shut down:

I never really looked at George Lucas' sale of his company as an F-You to fans, but rather a gift. He heard the complaints about the prequels and when asked by TMZ if he would make more Star Wars movies a year before the sale his answer was a hard and direct "No."

I think the only F-You he ever gave some fans was not releasing the original unaltered trilogy on Bluray, but I'm sure that is even in the pipeline. It was Disney that ripped apart Lucasfilm and consolidated it, but I think from those ashes we will get something cool.

I do agree with you and Ravage that so far everything looks good. I love JJ Abrams, the Rebels cartoon is must see TV for me and my son, and Disney/Marvel's track record with their movies is a good sign.

The three standalone movies I would like to see are a Boba Fett film, Obi-Wan and his years between Episodes III and IV with Ewan McGregor (the best part of the prequels), and an Old Republic movie with BRAND NEW characters. What I am afraid of is that we are going to get a movie like Baby Yoda which tries to be a comedy or some dumb crap like that.
    Baby yoda? Omg....... just shoot me now.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Alright Shake, the Nerd is strong in this one!

I thought I read that 1313 was stopped as a F' You to the fans because he was tired of those pissed off over the last three films, demanding new films, series as well as those irritated over the cancellation of Knights of the Old Republic 3. So tit for tat, just goes to show that everyone has their own version on the net.

Would be nice if the rumors that LucasArts under Disney do plan to release 1313 and the rumor that a massive Star Wars RPG is also in the works were true.

20. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

I would love for the 1313 PC game to hit the market, but could pass on the RPG. I'm pretty over the SW MMO's. They had incredibly HUGE potential, but completely blew them.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I would love for the 1313 PC game to hit the market, but could pass on the RPG. I'm pretty over the SW MMO's. They had incredibly HUGE potential, but completely blew them.
    1313 looked freaking incredible before it was scrapped, and Battlefield sounds promising. The RPG is not suppose to be another MMO but a true RPG, so we'll see.

24. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

1313 looked freaking incredible before it was scrapped, and Battlefield sounds promising. The RPG is not suppose to be another MMO but a true RPG, so we'll see.
    I loved Knights of the Old Republic, but part 2 was a bit disjointed. The Old Republic MMORPG was a mixed bag but not bad for a free to play game. I still mess around on there sometimes.

26. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information