Page 13 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Looks like the official title of the movie will be Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swtfa_large.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	6004

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Looks like the official title of the movie will be Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swtfa_large.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	6004
    It looks like they are going to be like "Empire Strikes Back" version.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    It looks like they are going to be like "Empire Strikes Back" version.
    Yeah I'm not sure if that is the final logo, we will probably see that on the teaser poster when that hits pretty soon. I don't mind the name though, but the names for the movies have always sounded like 30's serials and this one is a bit different.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Also there may have been some small hints about how Luke Skywalker will be portrayed in the movie from the Making Star Wars site. Here is the SPOILERIFIC overview, so don't read if you don't wanna know:

Somewhere between Episode VI and Episode VII he experienced some sort of Force breakthrough, rendering him the most powerful Jedi that has ever existed

He doesn't trust himself with these abilities

He doesn't have full control over them, meaning he accidentally causes disturbances without even trying to

Luke has put himself into self-imposed seclusion because he fears his powers would be used to disrupt the balance

He's terrified of following in his father's footsteps and being seduced by the Dark Side now that he has such unlimited power

The hero and villain of Episode VII both lure him out of hiding during the course of the film, each hoping to have access to his abilities for their own needs

His sanity is unclear, even to those that know him best. Since unleashing the full scope of the Force's powers, there's an unhinged fire that lurks in his eyes

He gets uncontrollable visions that include friends and family that have long been gone, as well as premonitions about the future

READ MORE HERE

If that is the case, I am glad they aren't just making him some plain old Jedi Master like Obi Wan or turn bad like his daddy. This could show some character growth as well as explore the nuances of the force and what is evil/good.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Doesn't that kind of leave a big plot hole if they don't explain how it happened.

The first three (I-III) explained it through Medicloreans (sp?) which seemed so contrived. How are they going to explain it here?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Do you think Star Wars VII movie will run 3-hours?

Also there may have been some small hints about how Luke Skywalker will be portrayed in the movie from the Making Star Wars site. Here is the SPOILERIFIC overview, so don't read if you don't wanna know:

Somewhere between Episode VI and Episode VII he experienced some sort of Force breakthrough, rendering him the most powerful Jedi that has ever existed

He doesn't trust himself with these abilities

He doesn't have full control over them, meaning he accidentally causes disturbances without even trying to

Luke has put himself into self-imposed seclusion because he fears his powers would be used to disrupt the balance

He's terrified of following in his father's footsteps and being seduced by the Dark Side now that he has such unlimited power

The hero and villain of Episode VII both lure him out of hiding during the course of the film, each hoping to have access to his abilities for their own needs

His sanity is unclear, even to those that know him best. Since unleashing the full scope of the Force's powers, there's an unhinged fire that lurks in his eyes

He gets uncontrollable visions that include friends and family that have long been gone, as well as premonitions about the future

READ MORE HERE

If that is the case, I am glad they aren't just making him some plain old Jedi Master like Obi Wan or turn bad like his daddy. This could show some character growth as well as explore the nuances of the force and what is evil/good.
    Although I felt that Luke was a terrible Jedi, I really like the premise behind whats being described. Its not "Disney" sounding. Its not cute, and cuddly, and Ewok or Jar-Jar Binks. It has a deep undercurrent that seems to delve into Luke, himself, has had fear of his own power...thus... his hiding away has allowed the dark side to grow throughout. In trying to right the wrong, he will be forced to make some serious decisions to fix what has taken over...yet... as we saw with his father, that alone can lead down the wrong path...the very path that kept Luke hidden to begin with. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, and the severity of our decisions and having to live with those choices.

Thanks Master.. you always share some awesome stuff.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Doesn't that kind of leave a big plot hole if they don't explain how it happened.

The first three (I-III) explained it through Medicloreans (sp?) which seemed so contrived. How are they going to explain it here?
    Explain what?

The irony to your question is that Star Wars (George Lucas) messed up by TRYING TO EXPLAIN the force. It didn't need to be explained. We didn't need "answers" as to why some had it and some didn't.... it just WAS. Thus, I think (HOPE!) that anyone writing Star Wars has now realized that trying to "explain" too much when it doesn't really need to be explained, only RUINS what is already accepted. The Midi-chlorian "explanation"..was one of the (if not THE) worst GAFFs in movie history.

I mean, obviously we haven't seen the movie and we don't know how much they will dive into the history of what Luke was doing when he has his breakthrough. But like many martial-artists... you know that youare NEVER a master. You practice and learn every day. Every time you work through something, another door/possibility....or a different perspective on the same movement... is discovered. It would be VERy easy to understand that a breakthrough was discovered simply by a Jedi Master working with/ on/ perfecting his art. Does it really need a bigger explanation than that? I hope they keep that as vague as possible, because Midi-chlorian....was the dumbest thing I ever heard.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 11-06-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Probalby not, but we can only hope!

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Iirc all six movies ran about 2 hours and 10 minutes. I'm expecting the same.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

15. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Explain what?

The irony to your question is that Star Wars (George Lucas) messed up by TRYING TO EXPLAIN the force. It didn't need to be explained. We didn't need "answers" as to why some had it and some didn't.... it just WAS. Thus, I think (HOPE!) that anyone writing Star Wars has now realized that trying to "explain" too much when it doesn't really need to be explained, only RUINS what is already accepted. The Midi-chlorian "explanation"..was one of the (if not THE) worst GAFFs in movie history.

I mean, obviously we haven't seen the movie and we don't know how much they will dive into the history of what Luke was doing when he has his breakthrough. But like many martial-artists... you know that youare NEVER a master. You practice and learn every day. Every time you work through something, another door/possibility....or a different perspective on the same movement... is discovered. It would be VERy easy to understand that a breakthrough was discovered simply by a Jedi Master working with/ on/ perfecting his art. Does it really need a bigger explanation than that? I hope they keep that as vague as possible, because Midi-chlorian....was the dumbest thing I ever heard.
    The midichlorians were actually not the Force, they were just an indicator of Force-sensitive individuals. They explained it awkwardly in the movie but in the novelization it was clear that it was more of a genetic marker that predisposes someone to communicate more effectively with the Force itself. This was a story element that showed that Anakin was remarkable and later in Revenge of the Sith it was revealed that he was possibly created by Darth Sidious as a pure entity of The Force which led to his virgin birth (which in addition to Jesus was a mythological theme used with many "gods").

17. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

Not really, as I explained above the Midichlorians are not the Force just an indicator of it. The first 3 were about the Jedi seeking the chosen one who would bring balance to the Force. This was accomplished by having the Sith completely wipe them out because they had their heads so far up their robes they couldn't see the Clone Wars were a plan to spread them out and destroy them. Once the numbers of Jedi dropped the Sith had shifted the balance of the Force to heavily towards the dark side. Vader redeemed himself by sacrificing his life for his son but left the Galaxy, and therefore the Force since it is all connected, in a state of limbo. The true balance of the Force would not be achieved until the dark and light side are even, and the last Force Sensitive person around (hence the importance of the Midichlorians) was Luke. This means that he would as this rumor suggests become the embodiment of the balanced Living Force which is a mesh of Light and Dark which I think is an awesome theme to explore.

Holy shit I think too much about these movies...

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

The midichlorians were actually not the Force, they were just an indicator of Force-sensitive individuals. They explained it awkwardly in the movie but in the novelization it was clear that it was more of a genetic marker that predisposes someone to communicate more effectively with the Force itself. This was a story element that showed that Anakin was remarkable and later in Revenge of the Sith it was revealed that he was possibly created by Darth Sidious as a pure entity of The Force which led to his virgin birth (which in addition to Jesus was a mythological theme used with many "gods").
    Yeah.. which is why I said:

We didn't need "answers" as to why some had it and some didn't.... it just WAS.
    It's still referred to as the most ridiculous plot point in movies. That "explanation" was a larger disappointment than Jar Jar Binks and the acting of young Anakin. It was horrible. It was ridiculous, and it is mocked continuously as being the dumbest thing to ever come out of Star Wars.

It's still referred to as the most ridiculous plot point in movies. That "explanation" was a larger disappointment than Jar Jar Binks and the acting of young Anakin. It was horrible. It was ridiculous, and it is mocked continuously as being the dumbest thing to ever come out of Star Wars.
    which leads me to believe some people need to settle the **** down.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I agree it took away from some of the mysticism, but I guess I just didn't care too much either way. And the dumbest thing to come out of Star Wars in my opinion was how Boba Fett died. I'd like to think he escaped the Sarlacc and banged a bunch of hookers in Mos Eisley. They should do one of the standalone films about that.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information