Page 137 of 238 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Its a valid complaint and yes i have dealt with it before playing WoW. Which is why i made the comment that we should be able to learn from past mistakes including not trying to BS the clientele by telling them you've sorted through that. I get it, shit happens but when you sell people on the idea that it wont happen than it makes you look pretty incompetent as a company.
    I dunno, I try to never judge something new by it's first month.

Be that a restaurant, streaming service, game console, ECT... That first month they are figuring things out. You can have the best laid plans and think you've prepared for everything, but when millions come knocking at your door at once you realize you weren't as ready as you planned.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I've fallen very behind on star wars, haven't seen all the new movies, but this should help me catch up. Had no issues with Disney+ this evening, so it seems like they have that all ironed out now. I watched The Mandalorian tonight and really enjoyed it. Very intrigued to see where that goes.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The good news is they got it fixed but it doesnt invalidate people being upset after paying for a service that wasnt being met.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I've fallen very behind on star wars, haven't seen all the new movies, but this should help me catch up. Had no issues with Disney+ this evening, so it seems like they have that all ironed out now. I watched The Mandalorian tonight and really enjoyed it. Very intrigued to see where that goes.
    I read some critical reviews of the first episode that hated it. I didn't get it - it's not like that episode was GoT at peak levels good, but it was better than most pilot episodes I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I loved it, just hate that i have to wait for the other episodes. Im looking forward to the Falcon and Winter Soldier series. Finishing up The Inhumans now and its pretty damn good. From what i understand this ties in a bit with the X-men stuff if i recall.

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by northman View Post
    i loved it, just hate that i have to wait for the other episodes. Im looking forward to the falcon and winter soldier series. Finishing up the inhumans now and its pretty damn good. From what i understand this ties in a bit with the x-men stuff if i recall.
    fyi: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77268707_3222207277795760_6111718516379877376_n.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	15362

9. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I loved it, just hate that i have to wait for the other episodes. Im looking forward to the Falcon and Winter Soldier series. Finishing up The Inhumans now and its pretty damn good. From what i understand this ties in a bit with the X-men stuff if i recall.
    They want people to stick past that free trial/discounted trial and give them the duckets. ******* sneaky ass mouse!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Makes more sense to me that streaming services would offer new content as a weekly thing rather than release the entire season for binging. Financially that just seems a better bet.
    Last edited by Rick; 11-13-2019 at 09:00 AM.

13. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Mandalorian was awesome. 35 minutes though? What did you run out of ideas already? Also, I had to start the show 4 times to get the sound to match the video. Come on Disney you have more money than God and can afford world class technicians and servers. Get your shit together

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Mandalorian was awesome. 35 minutes though? What did you run out of ideas already? Also, I had to start the show 4 times to get the sound to match the video. Come on Disney you have more money than God and can afford world class technicians and servers. Get your shit together
    Apparently the show was spun off of what was supposed to be the Boba Fett movie so the first season is essentially that film stretched out and cut up. I am going to try and watch today but one thing that is already bugging me about the show is the use of Carbon Freezing I saw in the trailer. That was a ONE TIME thing they used on Cloud City because they happened to have the processing facility there for the gas mines and Fett needed a way to transport Solo, its not a tool of Bounty Hunters. I hate that kind of fan service. The rest looks pretty dope from what I am seeing of the previews though and am looking forward to it.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Apparently the show was spun off of what was supposed to be the Boba Fett movie so the first season is essentially that film stretched out and cut up. I am going to try and watch today but one thing that is already bugging me about the show is the use of Carbon Freezing I saw in the trailer. That was a ONE TIME thing they used on Cloud City because they happened to have the processing facility there for the gas mines and Fett needed a way to transport Solo, its not a tool of Bounty Hunters. I hate that kind of fan service. The rest looks pretty dope from what I am seeing of the previews though and am looking forward to it.
    How much time has passed though? Because if this is after the the end of the original three it makes sense that this would become standard procedure.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    How much time has passed though? Because if this is after the the end of the original three it makes sense that this would become standard procedure.
    Why though? The carbon freezing chamber was literally a giant freaking chamber. If this takes place 5-10 years after the events of Empire Strikes Back (which it does apparently in the timeline) why is this suddenly the way to transport bounties? Unless they shrunk the tech it just seems silly to include. Not everything has to be a callback, and sometimes that is the worst thing about Star Wars. It makes the Universe feel too small. Boba Fett did it once out of necessity because he happened to have the chamber available, how did word travel?

lol. This is such a nerd debate. Thanks King!

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

My son and I snuck in this flick last night so time for another RE-REVIEW!

Star Wars Re-Review – Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

2005 was a strange time for Star Wars. One controversial and one mixed prequel film had come and gone, and the fever felt in 1999 seemed like a distant memory. Other genre films like The Lord of The Rings: Return of the King even took home best picture Oscars while Star Wars seemed to be the running joke of the still young Internet forums and chat rooms. Still, its draw was undeniable, and many fans felt that spark of hope when the first teaser was released:

There it was. A brief flash of the image of Obi-wan and Anakin fighting near a volcano that super Star Wars geek like myself had heard about as far back as the early 80’s in magazines like Star Log. Could this be the movie that righted the ship and redeemed the prequels? It was a tall order, and lots of pressure was put on this film as at the time it was made clear by George that this would be his last foray into the Star Wars universe and he wanted to move on to more personal films.

Driving to our favorite theater at the time was my friend and I along with my wife who had humored me through all this nonsense. It was a warm May day in Colorado as Franz Ferdinand came on the radio as we pulled into the parking lot seeing what I thought would be my last Star Wars movie in a theater.

We got there around 10 PM for our midnight show and were let in shortly after for the long wait. I remember sending my friend to get Subway while we saved a seat.

Sitting in a fully lit theater full of Star Wars fans waiting for the movie on opening night is probably my favorite memory of this era and this evening was no different. The room seemed electric about 20 minutes before showtime, and to our surprise this showing skipped the trailers and went right into the movie. After the normal glorious opening and text crawl, I was treated to one of my favorite opening shots of any movie ever:

For the first time since 1983 I was thinking about whether I was enjoying this Star Wars movie, because I was! There wasn’t anything complicated to absorb, just a simple rescue mission and two Jedi’s being badass. Once the ship crash lands (well, half a ship anyway) on Coruscant I had already had this movie as my favorite of the new trilogy.

To this day I hold Revenge of the Sith in as high esteem as I do the original trilogy. It is sometimes silly, sometimes overly melodramatic, but damn if it isn’t pure Star Wars for most of its runtime.

The look on Count Dooku’s face when he realized he is betrayed before losing his head, the moustache twirling bad guy we get in General Grievous, the Opera Scene where Anakin is seduced by the dark side, Order 66, and of course the duel on Mustafar… so many great Star Wars moments.

Do I wish all three movies in the prequels were better on some level? Of course. But to me the scope, world building, set design, and story of the prequels was very solid even though sometimes the execution was lacking. Ultimately, I feel that Episodes I-III added to the fabric of the Star Wars mythos, and you can take or leave elements you liked or didn’t like and it doesn’t upset the legacy of the originals. Not exactly a glowing compliment, but I will fight anyone who says Revenge of the Sith is not a good Star Wars movie.

Re-Review Score 9/10

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Why though? The carbon freezing chamber was literally a giant freaking chamber. If this takes place 5-10 years after the events of Empire Strikes Back (which it does apparently in the timeline) why is this suddenly the way to transport bounties? Unless they shrunk the tech it just seems silly to include. Not everything has to be a callback, and sometimes that is the worst thing about Star Wars. It makes the Universe feel too small. Boba Fett did it once out of necessity because he happened to have the chamber available, how did word travel?

lol. This is such a nerd debate. Thanks King!
    Well, the first thing that comes to mind is that in the episode he had a lot of bounties, so it would be hard to keep them alive/contained on the ship. This is reinforced when he tries to take up all the bounties from his contact as well. It looks like this is a bulk bounty guy. So at least for him it makes perfect sense if it's even one year past ESB. Moreover, I think word would travel. One, he's a bounty hunter, so it stands to reason some of his peers might find out. Two, how many witnesses were there? And Jabba the Hutt hung Han Solo up in his den of thieves, so by that logic a lot of people in the underworld should know, right?

This is what we do!

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

My line of thinking is no bounty hunters had thought it a viable tool prior to solo getting frozen, now they think "hey, it worked then, this isn't a bad idea" and adopted it.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information