Page 114 of 238 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Give your phone a handjob.
    Do I smile while doing it, or is the sexy cold stare the trick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Good Solo review from someone that went in wanting/expecting to hate it:

After Hobo Luke went out like a disgraced failure and Rey was better at the Force than Yoda with zero training I was out. The trailers and production drama did nothing to change my opinion.

Just When I Thought I Was Out...

I talked to my sister — who’s been a big fan since 1977 — a few days after Solo came out. She said it was good and that both my 5 year-old son and I would like it. Her husband thought it was going to suck and he liked it a lot and their tween daughter, who doesn’t care for the last few movies, liked it as well. Some friends on Facebook also were buzzing about how it was way better than TLJ and the other Disney abominations and how people should check it out.

I ended up going with my wife, 5 year-old son and 8 year-old daughter.

My kids like the original six George Lucas movies (it’s all one story to them), but never mention the Disney movies at all, even though they have seen them within 24 hours of theatrical release. Hell, my son didn’t even remember watching Rogue One the day after he saw it, that’s how little it stayed with him.

I was going to watch this new movie with low expectations and an open mind.

I loved it and so did the rest of my family.

It captures the humor, spirit and sensibilities of Star Wars (**** saying “A New Hope”) and ESB about as much as a movie at Disney’s Lucasfilm possible could. I assume this was either a mistake or actually talented people like Lawrence Kasdan and Ron Howard were allowed to make a decent product.
    https://filmgoblin.com/reviews/a-sol...m-a-tlj-hater/

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

The fan reviews are now up to 64%

Which is why I indicated the early fan reviews weren't reliable.... The early reviews were flooded with a bunch of people who didn't like the movie. Now that people are actually watching it and entering their honest reviews, it's slowly creeping up to a better level.

It really was a good movie and I don't think i've talked to anyone who has seen it that disliked it. It could have been better, but so could a lot of great movies. It was still a great movie despite areas it could have been improved in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The fan reviews are now up to 64%

Which is why I indicated the early fan reviews weren't reliable.... The early reviews were flooded with a bunch of people who didn't like the movie. Now that people are actually watching it and entering their honest reviews, it's slowly creeping up to a better level.

It really was a good movie and I don't think i've talked to anyone who has seen it that disliked it. It could have been better, but so could a lot of great movies. It was still a great movie despite areas it could have been improved in.
    Its the problem with movie rating aggregate sites like Rotten Tomatoes period. None of the reviewers checks a "Rotten" or "Fresh" rating and sends it to Rotten Tomatoes from the professional sites, it is all based on conjecture in some cases. For example a movie could be a 6.5/10 which is just above average and get a fresh rating from that reviewer even though you will read the review and it is very mixed. Then they let audience reviews come in before people have even seen it with crap like, "1/5 will not see because Star Wars = Social Justice Wars". Worse than people that rate Amazon's delivery methods instead of the ******* product.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its the problem with movie rating aggregate sites like Rotten Tomatoes period. None of the reviewers checks a "Rotten" or "Fresh" rating and sends it to Rotten Tomatoes from the professional sites, it is all based on conjecture in some cases. For example a movie could be a 6.5/10 which is just above average and get a fresh rating from that reviewer even though you will read the review and it is very mixed. Then they let audience reviews come in before people have even seen it with crap like, "1/5 will not see because Star Wars = Social Justice Wars". Worse than people that rate Amazon's delivery methods instead of the ******* product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    All I know is that MacGruber is easily a top 5 comedy of all time and THIS is what rotten tomatoes thinks about it... blasphemy! It's almost like art and taste is subjective: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/macGruber/

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

okay, dudes. . . should i bother seeing it, or not?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Which one, Solo? It was aite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Which one, Solo? It was aite.
    yea, that one. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Solo was good.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

BvS still sucked. I dont care what Shake says. Lol

16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    DID YOU JUST SAY MARTHA!!!!

You are now my friend.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    I'd say it's worth at least a matinee so you can see it on a big screen. It will be on demand probably by August but it's wort a lazy weekend movie to enjoy some AC and popcorn.

19. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    LOL. I loved that movie. It was a glorious mess, but I will always opt for the 3 hour ultimate cut when I do watch it which is at least once every few months.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I'd say it's worth at least a matinee so you can see it on a big screen. It will be on demand probably by August but it's wort a lazy weekend movie to enjoy some AC and popcorn.
    i just recently noticed that the littleton alamo sells tickets for $5.75 on weeknights after 9PM, so i've been looking for an excuse to go. . .

22. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information