Page 104 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Also this is something I think of often with people who claim they "know how Luke should've been":

I typed this up for spoiler tags in the no spoiler thread, but am putting it here instead.

While I liked both Force and Jedi, the retreaded story line is nice from a nostalgic standpoint, but I'm a bit surprised they didn't attempt to deviate a bit more than just telling a variation of the exact same story with different names and sex and such.

Yes, just like Yoda and Ben did before them. Let's see. Orphan kid. Desert planet. Strong force in him/her. Big death star must be destroyed. Bad guy in a mask. Young student leaves before training is complete. Old master dies, only to provide further training as a force ghost (we assume). Rebels hold up at a remote base, only to be attacked by overwhelming forces and two legged bots (not sure what they are called). Help me out, I'm sure I've only left out a dozen or so other repeated story lines.

You got furry birds instead of furry dwarfs. That is a change.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I typed this up for spoiler tags in the no spoiler thread, but am putting it here instead.

While I liked both Force and Jedi, the retreaded story line is nice from a nostalgic standpoint, but I'm a bit surprised they didn't attempt to deviate a bit more than just telling a variation of the exact same story with different names and sex and such.

Yes, just like Yoda and Ben did before them. Let's see. Orphan kid. Desert planet. Strong force in him/her. Big death star must be destroyed. Bad guy in a mask. Young student leaves before training is complete. Old master dies, only to provide further training as a force ghost (we assume). Rebels hold up at a remote base, only to be attacked by overwhelming forces and two legged bots (not sure what they are called). Help me out, I'm sure I've only left out a dozen or so other repeated story lines.
    It sucks because they almost subverted it with one of my favorite scenes in The Last Jedi. When Rey and Kylo turn on the guards after Kylo kills Snoke, I thought it would've been cool if she actually took his hand at that point. Not necessarily to turn to the dark side, but to try and change Kylo while working with him. As far as she knew, Luke was gonna stay on that planet and die. That could have opened up a whole new ending and left some questions for Episode 9, instead we get to reset the Universe AGAIN after The Force Awakens just did that. My big problem with the Last Jedi is that it claims to be a risky movie, but the risks it didn't take hurt it. It will be interesting to see how they finish this story off. I like The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi on their own terms, but they are not working as a cohesive story right now in terms of the entire saga to me.

It sucks because they almost subverted it with one of my favorite scenes in The Last Jedi. When Rey and Kylo turn on the guards after Kylo kills Snoke, I thought it would've been cool if she actually took his hand at that point. Not necessarily to turn to the dark side, but to try and change Kylo while working with him. As far as she knew, Luke was gonna stay on that planet and die. That could have opened up a whole new ending and left some questions for Episode 9, instead we get to reset the Universe AGAIN after The Force Awakens just did that. My big problem with the Last Jedi is that it claims to be a risky movie, but the risks it didn't take hurt it. It will be interesting to see how they finish this story off. I like The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi on their own terms, but they are not working as a cohesive story right now in terms of the entire saga to me.
    I haven't followed much, because I hate spoilers. I don't even watch trailers, because I don't want anything revealed. How on earth do they consider this a risky movie? Just what they did with Luke?

I enjoyed the movie, I just didn't find it very original. It still, like the first one, just seems to be a retelling, albeit with the names changed to protect the innocent, of the first two movies.

I think I would have enjoyed these two movies much more (and I did enjoy them), if I had never seen the original movies. Then I wouldn't be sitting there, "ahh, it's a bigger death star...." "Ahhh, rebel base on remote planet being attacked...." "Ahhh, jedi who turned to the darkside wearing a mask kills the emperor...."

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

She did a thigh grab....close enough. I'm totally shipping reylo!

7. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    You're into cousin loving huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You're into cousin loving huh?
    They arent cousins.

They arent cousins.
    So you say, but I'm not convinced that the original reveal of her family heritage was truthful.

I think Reyned or Trey would be better...

12. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

GEM

So you say, but I'm not convinced that the original reveal of her family heritage was truthful.
    Agreed. Maybe she's a random orphan who the force runs through as deeply as a Skywalker, but I'll be surprised if that story of being sold for drug money (or whatever it was) holds up. I think in one way or another, she's going to be related to the Skywalker clan.

I like the idea of her being a Kenobi better.

15. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

I like the idea of her being a Kenobi better.
    How would that work though, obi wan Kenobi force ghosting Rey's mother?

How would that work though, obi wan Kenobi force ghosting Rey's mother?
    Obi would be her grandfather.

I think I read something that the guy who directed force awakens had a bigger plan for Rey's parents but he didn't direct Last Jedi. Supposedly he is back for the next movie.

Obi would be her grandfather.
    No, it's too late for that now... I've got this in my head

20. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

GEM

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information