Page 101 of 238 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post

Full trailer Freyaka was referring to.

Looks like it confirms some of my hopes and fears about the movie, but I will try and reserve judgement. Han Solo isn't James Bond were you can just change out the actors, to me Harrison Ford IS Han Solo but I guess we will see how it will do.
    Now I understand why this actor needed an acting coach.

Dude is not Solo

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    They can't exactly get Harrison Ford to play a young guy
    They could CGI it. The fanboys would love that....

Hahahahahahaha. Just kidding. They would actually complain about that too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i can already tell from the trailer, they sacrificing story for Disneys progressive agenda.

I think after Awakens, TLJ. They would have done it enough.

but apparently Disney bought star wars to make propaganda films. Not Star Wars films.

SF, they said Star Wars was of a slant back in the day, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    SF, they said Star Wars was of a slant back in the day, too.
    SW was about the Empire vs the Republic. Dark vs Light.

Its hard not to have a slant in it.

Now Since Disney got invovled, its The Trump admin and white people vs #TheResistance and SJWs.

I cringed so much while watching TLJ, I started rooting for the Last order. I wish kylo killed them all.

At the end of the day, and Snokes body was on the floor, Kylo just wanted a new party. and to destroy the two party system. The libertarian party would rise with Rey and him leading it.

Bringing peace and balance back to the Galaxy.

Hmmm i may have actually liked the TLJ now that i think about it.

#President Kylo.

Last edited by ShaneFalco; 02-05-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Now Since Disney got invovled, its The Trump admin and white people vs #TheResistance and SJWs.

I cringed so much while watching TLJ, I started rooting for the Last order. I wish kylo killed them all.

At the end of the day, and Snokes body was on the floor, Kylo just wanted a new party. and to destroy the two party system. The libertarian party would rise with Rey and him leading it.

#President Kylo.

Holy shit.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You left out the best example of this being done IMO (Tron)
    It was ok for the time but not near what they are now. I love Tron Legacy though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I am hoping that we will see the young Jabba the Hutt and Boba Fett in this film.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

#President Kylo.
    I dont want this to turn into a P&R debate but i do think your comment has some merit. Ive seen feminists talk about TLJ and how the Empire represented all the white men and the women like Rey on the other side represented freedom and women's power.

I remember some people used to talk about Avatar as being political although i never saw it that way. But 10 years later i have noticed that it has become more blatant in films where they try to force a certain identity and agenda within them which is unfortunate. Movies to me should be ways to escape the drama of real life, especially kids movies.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont want this to turn into a P&R debate but i do think your comment has some merit. Ive seen feminists talk about TLJ and how the Empire represented all the white men and the women like Rey on the other side represented freedom and women's power.

I remember some people used to talk about Avatar as being political although i never saw it that way. But 10 years later i have noticed that it has become more blatant in films where they try to force a certain identity and agenda within them which is unfortunate. Movies to me should be ways to escape the drama of real life, especially kids movies.
    I don't know if there is some agenda there, but if you want there to be I bet you can find it like with most movies. The Ewoks are like the un-contacted tribes of the Amazon! The Gungans represent fisherman that are losing their waters to oil companies which are represented by the Trade Federation! George W. Bush is just like Senator Palpatine! etc.

There were definitely nods in the first 6 movies to things like WWII German Officers with how the Empire leaders dressed and some other political undertones, but I think Star Wars is still mostly not that overt with what it is trying to say and first and foremost still the Heroes Journey mythology. If that hero happens to be a white blonde haired blue eyed kid or a woman is secondary to the story in my opinion.

Are they trying to be more diverse with their casting? It appears so. I don't see a problem with that because so many different people from all around the world love Star Wars and want to see people like themselves represented. It's why Wonder Woman and the upcoming Black Panther movie are such a big deal. I don't think they are forcing anything on us, but there is definitely a demand for it.

Now if we want to continue this, maybe we can start a SJW Agenda/Diversity Thread in P&R. This thread is my escape from that kind of crap.

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going from Winterfell to a galaxy far, far away.

It was announced today that Benioff and Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

Rest
    http://www.starwars.com/news/game-of...tar-wars-films

This could be an interesting development!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Rest

A Star Wars movie with tits and beheadings? I could die a happy man.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Rest

Oh wow! Those are in addition to Episode IX AND the Rian Johnson trilogy. Interesting...

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Oh wow! Those are in addition to Episode IX AND the Rian Johnson trilogy. Interesting...
    Benioff and Weiss are the "creators" of Game of thrones now?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information