Page 42 of 238 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    looking at the trailer for Rogue One, it looks like another reboot.
    Nah..its the story of the crew that got the "secret plans" of the death star. So its the story that was never told, but only mentioned in episode 4 "a lot of good people sacraficed their lives for this information."

I think its pretty cool that they are making an "off story line" movie like this. Introducint a bunch of new characters that fill in a hole, that doesn't necessarily need to be filled, but makes the entire story much more filled in. I really like that they are going here, as it really adds the ability to make an action packed movie without having to stick with what we've seen from the first 7, so much. Plus, since we know none of these characters survive, they can do whatever they want.

Its a good introduction to the "side plot" movies that are planned. Like the Bobba Fett and pre-Hans Solo (before meeting Luke and Obi-wan).
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 01-13-2016 at 12:04 PM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

2. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Nah..its the story of the crew that got the "secret plans" of the death star. So its the story that was never told, but only mentioned in episode 4 "a lot of good people sacraficed their lives for this information."

I think its pretty cool that they are making an "off story line" movie like this. Introducint a bunch of new characters that fill in a hole, that doesn't necessarily need to be filled, but makes the entire story much more filled in. I really like that they are going here, as it really adds the ability to make an action packed movie without having to stick with what we've seen from the first 7, so much. Plus, since we know none of these characters survive, they can do whatever they want.

Its a good introduction to the "side plot" movies that are planned. Like the Bobba Fett and pre-Hans Solo (before meeting Luke and Obi-wan).
    I think the most interesting part about this is that it will be the first Star Wars movie not to focus on the Jedi. Hopefully some of the future spin-off movies (after the obligatory Boba Fett, Han Solo, Obi-Wan movies) look at some other stories not in the Galactic Civil War Timeline. They could do some cool stuff with the Old Republic, for example. Speaking of the Obi Wan movie, sounds like Ewan McGregor is back on board to reprise his role which is great news.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I still haven't seen this but I'm thinking on going to the Saturday matinee.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Odds are some of you have seen this already, but just in case this is too good not to post:

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Coming in late to this convo. I ended up seeing Ep7 twice. After watching it a second time I was less disappointed but still think it's Abrams Treking Star Wars a la "Into Darkness" except leaving even bigger plot holes, like how Rey becomes such a powerful user of the force in such a short time and Finn's presence seems to be to provide the right thing at the right time. Since he is a potential Jedi he'll be there during the rest of the trilogy but his background is just way to mashed together to be believable (a janitor turned stormtrooper - ooooooook.)

What I DO like about it is the treatment of the force and HOW it awakens in Rey. That is much more in line with the original episodes than the pre-quels. Looking forward to Ep8 and hopefully those holes will be filled without such horrid story telling.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    Coming in late to this convo. I ended up seeing Ep7 twice. After watching it a second time I was less disappointed but still think it's Abrams Treking Star Wars a la "Into Darkness" except leaving even bigger plot holes, like how Rey becomes such a powerful user of the force in such a short time and Finn's presence seems to be to provide the right thing at the right time. Since he is a potential Jedi he'll be there during the rest of the trilogy but his background is just way to mashed together to be believable (a janitor turned stormtrooper - ooooooook.)

What I DO like about it is the treatment of the force and HOW it awakens in Rey. That is much more in line with the original episodes than the pre-quels. Looking forward to Ep8 and hopefully those holes will be filled without such horrid story telling.
    Saw it three times, the first time went by too fast but I definitely felt it was derivative but charming. The second time I liked it better, and the third time it leveled out to just "ok". They really need to push the story in the next one, they have a whole GALAXY to play with. The news came out today that Episode VIII was pushed back from May 2017 to December of 2017 which is fine by me. They need to make the next one great.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Saw it three times, the first time went by too fast but I definitely felt it was derivative but charming. The second time I liked it better, and the third time it leveled out to just "ok". They really need to push the story in the next one, they have a whole GALAXY to play with. The news came out today that Episode VIII was pushed back from May 2017 to December of 2017 which is fine by me. They need to make the next one great.
    Should be May 4th. Why haven't they released the movie on May 4th? Of all dates, wouldn't this be the perfect date?

But you are right, they NEED to make this next one epic, as they have set the stage with VII to move forward. They have their new Hans Solo, they have their new Luke...and I have nooooo idea where Finn fits in. His character just seems, odd, to me
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

I think the most interesting part about this is that it will be the first Star Wars movie not to focus on the Jedi.
    So help me zeus, if they find a way to put R2D2 and Cp30 in Roge III, I'm going to come out screaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i liked the prequels. This was awesome to me.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Star Wars Episode VIII has officially begun filming:

Filmmaker Rian Johnson is already making a few special modifications to the Star Wars universe. The director (best known for Brick and Looper) has started rolling cameras on Star Wars: Episode VIII, according to Disney CEO Bob Iger.
    http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/10...iii-production

This means we will get leaks soon from bored production assistants!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Looks like Episode VIII might pick up right where the last one left us:

19. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Looks like Episode VIII might pick up right where the last one left us:

I hope Luke survives the cold climate of Hoth again...

seriously though, I think they should have kept the camera on him a little longer!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

21. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

One thing I didn't like about Episode VII was how boring some of the art and production design was. We went from a desert (but NOT Tatooine!), to a forest, to another forest with ruins (but not Yavin!), to a forest with snow. Hopefully these new set pics popping up from Dubrovnik, Croatia point to something a little more interesting!

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/03/st...ittle-history/
    Last edited by MasterShake; 03-08-2016 at 03:49 PM.

I thought it to be VEry strange in how few people they had in their gatherings in the last movie. I mean, the "celebration" after destroying yet ANOTHER deathstar, looked to be about 10 people standing around a parking lot compared to the first trilogy. Felt like a college made movie where they had to just gather some friends around.

24. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I thought it to be VEry strange in how few people they had in their gatherings in the last movie. I mean, the "celebration" after destroying yet ANOTHER deathstar, looked to be about 10 people standing around a parking lot compared to the first trilogy. Felt like a college made movie where they had to just gather some friends around.

That is where you can tell JJ came from a TV background and can merely mimic other styles instead of be his own creative director. Say what you want about Lucas, but all of his Star Wars movies felt epic in scope. I think JJ was a great choice to "reset" the Star Wars universe, but I am glad other directors are taking over moving forward.

26. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information