Page 45 of 238 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think VIII was a soft reboot of IV, V, and VI. It's like a cliffnote version of all three, with the "lets move forward with the new characters now" feel at the end. We have our new villan, we have our new young jedi, we have our new Hans Solo, and we have your new comedy relief robot (I don't know what to think about Finn, his character didn't impress me, and I don't think that every female starring role needs to have a love interest thrown in).

So I'm excited about what they do from here, but just as excited (if not more) for the side films like Rogue.
    I still see episode VII being a reboot of only the original. Its ending leads me to fear that Luke in episode VIII will be Yoda of Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. He'll definitely train her, but is he just going to send her off on her mission or will he join her?

Bottom line, I’m not going to rush out & watch episode VIII. I’ll wait until all of you that want to watch it ASAP to let me know if there is any actual creativity, or if its just another reboot.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

2. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I still see episode VII being a reboot of only the original. Its ending leads me to fear that Luke in episode VIII will be Yoda of Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. He'll definitely train her, but is he just going to send her off on her mission or will he join her?

Bottom line, I’m not going to rush out & watch episode VIII. I’ll wait until all of you that want to watch it ASAP to let me know if there is any actual creativity, or if its just another reboot.
    I hear what you are saying. You have a good point in that Luke feels like the new Yoda. I would HOPE that they don't have Luke go with Rey on any missions. That would just be sad, and it wouldn't be pretty.

I saw Rey on a desert Planet, abandoned from her parents, and scooting across the desert plains on her floating bike, fixing things and having a run-in with some local alien species. Finding a lost droid that (once again) had a hidden message. Only to be led to someone from the "myth" of the wars and swept away off the planet in a hurry and into a fast paced world of war where she didn't have any part in until meeting said droid.

I think it was "Maz" that moved me through Ep. V on the swamp planet. Rey witnessed her 'vision' (just like Luke did when coming face-to-face with Darth Vader) and then Maz introduced Rey to the force, quoted Yoda on how it surrounds us, moves through us (closing her eyes just like Yoda did). I think Maz is/was the new Yoda (an believe her to be a Jedi despite her denial of it).

Then we moved onto the death star (in Ep. VI) and the having to sneak down to the planet and deactivate the planet shield so that the pilots could take out the death star.. JUST like in VI. The only thing we missed at the end was the EPIC celebration and ewoks dancing and singing to their songs.

So although I can see your perspective in how the new luke is now meeting the old jedi... I'm HOPING that the new direction takes a completely new turn into an original story line.

But I can't simply wait for others to tell me. I'm too invested in the Star Wars movies and enjoy them too much to simply let someone else's opinion form mine before seeing it.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

But I can't simply wait for others to tell me. I'm too invested in the Star Wars movies and enjoy them too much to simply let someone else's opinion form mine before seeing it.
    Same here, but I will be more tempered with my review this time. I know I will see it at least twice int the theater, so my second viewing will be my "official" review.

And going back to the rebootiness of Episode VII, they need to take a page from what George Lucas did right with all 6 movies. They should rhyme, but not be carbon copies of one another:

One thing I will be looking for is much more creativity in Episode VIII. The Force Awakens gave us a desert planet, a forest planet, and a forest planet with snow. The ships were lame (oooo! a BLACK TIE Fighter and X-Wing!) and I love John Williams but that was not his best score outside of a few pieces. I also hope they stop pandering to the old fans with this whole "Practical Effects" bullshit. Do whatever looks best. They kept touting BB-8 as the epitome of practical effects and it turns out most of his scenes were enhanced greatly with CGI when you watch the behind the scenes video.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Same here, but I will be more tempered with my review this time. I know I will see it at least twice int the theater, so my second viewing will be my "official" review.

And going back to the rebootiness of Episode VII, they need to take a page from what George Lucas did right with all 6 movies. They should rhyme, but not be carbon copies of one another:

Cool vid, thanks for that
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

8. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

nice vid, they forgot the first scene in each movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Found this funny.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Last edited by MasterShake; 08-12-2016 at 11:53 AM.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I hope the director and Disney keep it as dark as the trailer suggests. That looks excellent.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I hear what you are saying. You have a good point in that Luke feels like the new Yoda. I would HOPE that they don't have Luke go with Rey on any missions. That would just be sad, and it wouldn't be pretty.

I saw Rey on a desert Planet, abandoned from her parents, and scooting across the desert plains on her floating bike, fixing things and having a run-in with some local alien species. Finding a lost droid that (once again) had a hidden message. Only to be led to someone from the "myth" of the wars and swept away off the planet in a hurry and into a fast paced world of war where she didn't have any part in until meeting said droid.

I think it was "Maz" that moved me through Ep. V on the swamp planet. Rey witnessed her 'vision' (just like Luke did when coming face-to-face with Darth Vader) and then Maz introduced Rey to the force, quoted Yoda on how it surrounds us, moves through us (closing her eyes just like Yoda did). I think Maz is/was the new Yoda (an believe her to be a Jedi despite her denial of it).

Then we moved onto the death star (in Ep. VI) and the having to sneak down to the planet and deactivate the planet shield so that the pilots could take out the death star.. JUST like in VI. The only thing we missed at the end was the EPIC celebration and ewoks dancing and singing to their songs.

So although I can see your perspective in how the new luke is now meeting the old jedi... I'm HOPING that the new direction takes a completely new turn into an original story line.

Its not a matter of people telling me whether or not I should go see a movie, its wanting a heads up on whether or not episode VIII is nothing more then a remake of Empire Strikes Back. If it is, I'll just wait until it comes to Netflix.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I hope the director and Disney keep it as dark as the trailer suggests. That looks excellent.
    I hope so too. Like most movies nowadays, there were rumors that the first cut of the movie was too dark for the Disney executives and they went it to reshoot to lighten it up a bit. Personally I want to see Vader slaughter at least one group of rebels in the movie, otherwise why have have him there?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

My favorite stills from the trailer:

Also I'm just going to put this pic of Felicity Jones here because reasons. I like how Star Wars is just nothing but hot British chicks now:

19. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I hope so too. Like most movies nowadays, there were rumors that the first cut of the movie was too dark for the Disney executives and they went it to reshoot to lighten it up a bit. Personally I want to see Vader slaughter at least one group of rebels in the movie, otherwise why have have him there?
    There has to be a "lot of Bothans lost"....because it was stated in ep IV about this intel. So there's that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

There has to be a "lot of Bothans lost"....because it was stated in ep IV about this intel. So there's that.
    That line was from Return of the Jedi actually. Hopefully they don't do ANOTHER Death Star movie set in that timeframe.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Weird - all of the sudden YouTube videos aren't loading in my browser (Chrome). I also tried IE, and same problem. I get a black square with a Y in the lower right-hand corner.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Weird - all of the sudden YouTube videos aren't loading in my browser (Chrome). I also tried IE, and same problem. I get a black square with a Y in the lower right-hand corner.
    Weird I'm seeing the same thing now, it was working yesterday. I tried a new embed but keep seeing the same blank embed.

Here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY

24. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information