Page 44 of 238 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 144 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Yeah.. I'm betting the film guys just thought that the green looks better on screen. It's only the nerds that are adding all the symbolisms in there that 99% of the viewers won't have a tiny clue about.
    Oh that is exactly why they originally did it (the original trailer had Luke with a blue lightsaber) but the daylight scenes made it hard to see so they went with green. But you know how nerds have to explain EVERYTHING so not it has a backstory.

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Speaking of lightsabers...

There is only one blue lightsaber that belongs to Skywalker family. In Empire Strikes Back movie, Luke's hand got chopped off and his blue lightsaber fell off. It landed on somewhere in the cloud city. I guess Cloud City is still up and running.

The green lightsaber is destroyed because Luke Skywalker defiantly threw his lightsaber away and declared himself to be a Jedi. His green lightsaber was still on the Star Destroyer and the ship is destroyed by end of the movie. So, they still have that blue lightsaber. I guess Maz found it from somewhere.

There is a long history after Luke kills vader. I believe he started a jedi school, somewhere in there. Since Jedi's are known for building their own lightsabers, why would we assume tht ANY of the lightsabers we see in the latest movies have to be the ones we saw in the past?

Seems that the colors are taken WAYYYYYY too seriously by some of the SW crowd..but that should have been ruined when they actually allowed Mace Windu to have a purple one. I think it was the video games that created an interest in the colors, anyway.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

FYI: New 3-Minute Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer to Air on ABC on July 15th. (Tomorrow)

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    FYI: New 3-Minute Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer to Air on ABC on July 15th. (Tomorrow)
    Yes! Star Wars Celebration starts tomorrow and goes through the weekend. That will be a big one, but they are expected to release footage from Episode VIII as well. Celebration is where the Force Awakens trailers premiered last year.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 07-14-2016 at 01:04 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Stuff is already starting to come out today!

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Stuff is already starting to come out today!

DAMN.. that brought chills. That already looks better than Star Wars VII!
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

DAMN.. that brought chills. That already looks better than Star Wars VII!
    I really liked The Force Awakens the first few times, but after the shine wore off I never really revisited it again. It was an ok movie, but I'm expecting much more originality from Rogue 1 and Episode VIII. I'll never complain about a new Star Wars movie!... well not right away anyway!

13. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I really liked The Force Awakens the first few times, but after the shine wore off I never really revisited it again. It was an ok movie, but I'm expecting much more originality from Rogue 1 and Episode VIII. I'll never complain about a new Star Wars movie!... well not right away anyway!
    Bingo.. you nailed the need for me..... originality! Give me an original story line that builds some intrigue!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Bingo.. you nailed the need for me..... originality! Give me an original story line that builds some intrigue!
    People still get mad when I say that Episode VII is basically a soft reboot of Episode IV. Yes, there are only so many structures you can give to a story but you can make sure the themes and locations change. Starkiller base was the thing that pissed me off when I first saw it and its still the thing I hate the most. That and Rey being on a desert planet. I bet most people don't even know that it wasn't Tatooine. All the complaints about the prequels made Disney gun shy and they made that movie waaay too safe.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

People still get mad when I say that Episode VII is basically a soft reboot of Episode IV. Yes, there are only so many structures you can give to a story but you can make sure the themes and locations change. Starkiller base was the thing that pissed me off when I first saw it and its still the thing I hate the most. That and Rey being on a desert planet. I bet most people don't even know that it wasn't Tatooine. All the complaints about the prequels made Disney gun shy and they made that movie waaay too safe.
    I think VIII was a soft reboot of IV, V, and VI. It's like a cliffnote version of all three, with the "lets move forward with the new characters now" feel at the end. We have our new villan, we have our new young jedi, we have our new Hans Solo, and we have your new comedy relief robot (I don't know what to think about Finn, his character didn't impress me, and I don't think that every female starring role needs to have a love interest thrown in).

So I'm excited about what they do from here, but just as excited (if not more) for the side films like Rogue.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 07-16-2016 at 10:09 AM.

20. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I think VIII was a soft reboot of IV, V, and VI. It's like a cliffnote version of all three, with the "lets move forward with the new characters now" feel at the end. We have our new villan, we have our new young jedi, we have our new Hans Solo, and we have your new comedy relief robot (I don't know what to think about Finn, his character didn't impress me, and I don't think that every female starring role needs to have a love interest thrown in).

So I'm excited about what they do from here, but just as excited (if not more) for the side films like Rogue.
    Yup, and to it's credit I did like the characters in The Force Awakens. I'm much more interested in Poe than Finn though at this point. Hope he has a bigger role moving forward.

I love when they were talking to the director and he say's something along the lines of "the pressure is high, that he is working on one of his favorite movies of all time but if you're too respectful and dont try anything new or different or take any risks, than what are you bringing to the table?" Too me that was a direct jab at Abrams and SW VII

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I love when they were talking to the director and he say's something along the lines of "the pressure is high, that he is working on one of his favorite movies of all time but if you're too respectful and dont try anything new or different or take any risks, than what are you bringing to the table?" Too me that was a direct jab at Abrams and SW VII
    That's an interesting quote, and I think you are dead on.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information