Page 21 of 238 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Leopard seats!

2. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Mastershake needs to get to work photo shopping an "Imperial Assault Vehicle" that combines all of these ideas.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Kind of an aside to Episode VII, but has anyone read the "Star Wars Ring Theory" yet? Really good example of why if you hated the prequels you should give them another look sometime, and if you liked them (like I did!) it really reinforces some of the reasons why. These movies really read like poetry and this write-up explains why the visual storytelling is the key to the 6 part saga so far. Well worth the read!

"The interesting thing about Star Wars—and I didn’t ever really push this very far, because it’s not really that important—but there’s a lot going on there that most people haven’t come to grips with yet. But when they do, they will find it’s a much more intricately made clock than most people would imagine."

—George Lucas, Vanity Fair, February 2005

The famous yellow letters of the opening text crawl slowly recede into the vastness of space. The camera pans down to reveal a large planet and its two moons. Suddenly, a tiny Rebel ship flies overhead, pursued, a few moments later, by an Imperial Star Destroyer—an impossibly large ship that nearly fills the frame as it goes on and on seemingly forever. The effect is visceral and exhilarating.

What’s more, the single continuous shot (it lasts about 30 seconds) illustrates both the film’s basic storyline, a small band of Rebels fight an evil galactic empire against overwhelming odds, and one of its central themes, the indomitable nature of the human spirit—all without uttering a single line of dialogue. It’s a masterful example of visual storytelling.

This is, of course, the opening of Star Wars: Episode IV—A New Hope (1977), arguably one of the most famous opening shots in cinema history, and rightfully so.

Now compare this to the opening of Star Wars: Episode I—The Phantom Menace (1999): The signature opening title crawl slowly disappears into infinity, we pan down, a small spaceship travels quickly past the camera, and then … lands.

The man behind Red Letter Media’s enormously popular video reviews of the prequel trilogy, Mike Stoklasa, probably summed up the feelings that many Star Wars fans had when they saw this for the first time, particularly those who’d waited 16 long years, since 1983’s Star Wars: Episode VI—Return of the Jedi, for Menace: “From the very start of [The Phantom Menace] I could tell something was really wrong just by the way it started. It opens with some boring pilot asking for permission to land on a ship that looks like a half-eaten donut, with a donut hole in the middle.”
    Read the Star Wars Ring Theory Here: http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/ri...wars-prequels/

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Pretty cool glimpse of Carrie Fisher as Princess (Queen?) Leia as she will appear in Episode VII.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Pretty cool glimpse of Carrie Fisher as Princess (Queen?) Leia as she will appear in Episode VII.

Not sure how she could be a queen or even a princess... the planet she was a princess of was destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Kind of an aside to Episode VII, but has anyone read the "Star Wars Ring Theory" yet? Really good example of why if you hated the prequels you should give them another look sometime, and if you liked them (like I did!) it really reinforces some of the reasons why. These movies really read like poetry and this write-up explains why the visual storytelling is the key to the 6 part saga so far. Well worth the read!

Read the Star Wars Ring Theory Here: http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/ri...wars-prequels/
    Damn Shake. It's gonna take me a while to read all that. .. .and necessitate watching the prequels. ugh.

I just re-watched all 6 last week, I watched them in the machete order but included Episode 1

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Not sure how she could be a queen or even a princess... the planet she was a princess of was destroyed.
    Commander then? The plot leaks point to her being a leader of some sort.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I just re-watched all 6 last week, I watched them in the machete order but included Episode 1
    I like what I think is referred to the Godfather order where you watch IV, V, swing back to the backstory in I-III, then finish off with VI. That is how I showed my son all 6. It kept the surprises for him and gave him a rooting interest for Vader once the duel in Return of the Jedi came around.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I like what I think is referred to the Godfather order where you watch IV, V, swing back to the backstory in I-III, then finish off with VI. That is how I showed my son all 6. It kept the surprises for him and gave him a rooting interest for Vader once the duel in Return of the Jedi came around.
    That's how I watched them, I think the machete order is just skipping I. The problem with skipping I is you never get the backstory of Anakin or how Qui-Gon Jinn was Obi-Wan's mentor who taught him to use his instincts. For me that is a pretty important part in the evolution of Obi-Wan and Luke

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Actually, she was from Naboo. Alderan was the planet destroyed in the original.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Naboo has elected queens. She was a princess on Alderan because her adoptive father was some sort of nobility on Alderan, which makes me wonder the same thing as Weazel.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    no, it was Alderaan. Amidela was the Queen of Naboo, but Leia was "adopted" and taken to Alderaan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

There are rumors about Max Von Sydow.

He may play the role of an older Boba Fett or an old ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1654858-von.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	7337
    Last edited by Magnificent Seven; 06-15-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    There are rumors about Max Von Sydow.

He may play the role of an older Boba Fett or an old ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Name:	1654858-von.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	7337
    They are pretty sure he plays some sort of old space pirate, possibly a veteran of the Clone Wars. He has like a robotic eye patch in the concept art I've seen.

EDIT: This is the concept art. I will always remember Van Sydow most as Ming the Merciless!

Name:	concept-sketch-montross2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	7339
    Last edited by MasterShake; 06-15-2015 at 09:03 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information