Thread: Broncos' Demaryius Thomas developing into elite deep threat

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos' Demaryius Thomas developing into elite deep threat

Already considered the Broncos' big-play receiver, third-year pro Demaryius Thomas showed once again Sunday night against New Orleans that he is on the verge of joining the NFL's elite deep threats.

Thomas reached 100 yards in receiving yards for the third time in the past four games, this time with 137 yards on seven catches. During that four-game stretch, Thomas has averaged at least 18.5 yards per catch in each start.

Thomas could always shield off defenders with his strong frame. But he's shown improvement finding holes and seams in the defense. He is much more confident getting open and exploiting what the defense gives him, which makes quarterback Peyton Manning trust him more.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...te-deep-threat

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I agree. I've felt quite awhile that if Thomas could just healthy he could end up being very good.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I agree. I've felt quite awhile that if Thomas could just healthy he could end up being very good.
    I felt the same way TX. The kid was so snake bitten last year. When I heard that Peyton was coming here my first thought was finally DT has someone he can work with to bring out his raw talent and to teach him how to play smart.

I also think having Stokley around has been so good for the kids. He is teaching them what hard work during the week produces in the game. Plus just bless his heart for keeping them from getting dumb penalties when he can.
    Getting Stoked

6. The Following 7 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    I felt the same way TX. The kid was so snake bitten last year. When I heard that Peyton was coming here my first thought was finally DT has someone he can work with to bring out his raw talent and to teach him how to play smart.

I also think having Stokley around has been so good for the kids. He is teaching them what hard work during the week produces in the game. Plus just bless his heart for keeping them from getting dumb penalties when he can.
    When he came back from the Achilles injury and end up being one the more productive receivers in the League the last six or seven weeks of the season. I felt that if we got solid quarterback play this year Thomas could have break out season barring injury.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

DT is also starting to run some smooth routes like on his TD run too.

10. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Gotta love stokely keeping our wr in check with celebrations. Marshall, now thomas and decker...haha. What a good teammate stokes is.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

A little piece about Dez Bryant from Football Nation:

Through week 7, Bryant only has 2 touchdowns and is getting a reputation of not being clutch. Just what Dallas needs another player who can’t perform late in games. Bryant’s stats haven’t lived up to the hype, but it was the dropped 2-pt conversion that really defines his season. Tony Romo threw a perfect ball, somewhat of a feat in itself, and it hit Dez almost perfectly. As the city of Dallas let out a collective groan Dez Bryant had made a season defining play (or lack thereof).

More -http://tinyurl.com/93fe3hg

I don't think there's one of us who doesn't hold some degree or resentment toward
    McDaniels for what he did to the Broncos. But aren't you glad he selected DT in the
    draft and not Dez Bryant?

Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I hope his days of pucking up the football are over now.
    Merry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

I don't think there's one of us who doesn't hold some degree or resentment toward
    McDaniels for what he did to the Broncos. But aren't you glad he selected DT in the

I've heard broadcasters say Dez needs to knock off the complaining about non-calls and simply start catching the balls that are hitting his hands. Nuff said.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

I take second place to no man in my loathing of Josh McDaniels, but the fact that the Cowboys are stuck with thatuseless human train wreck while we have a pair of young WR's that are developing into elite level guys is the one thing I will never complain about.

Blind pig finding an acorn and all that.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information