Thread: It's The PROBATION BOWL - Ohio State vs. Penn State

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default It's The PROBATION BOWL - Ohio State vs. Penn State

Undefeated and Unranked (at least for any polls that matter) THE Ohio State ("I'll sell you my memorabilia for a free tat") Buckeyes visit 5-2 Penn State ("I'll rent you this 10-year-old boy for a donation to my charity that helps keeps these boys off the streets") University at 4:30 Central this afternoon on ESPN.

Both of these institutions of higher learning sit atop the Big 10's "Leaders" Division (gee, the jokes just write themselves) but are disqualified from winning the title, making two-loss Wisconsin the default winner of that half of the standings which will lead up to the scintillating climax of the Badgers going into the Big 10 Championship game against either Michigan or Nebraska for a trip to the Rose Bowl.

Why this game is still on national television is a question to me. What happened to the good ol' days when teams on probation also were blacked out from the airwaves and had to recruit by word of mouth? I guess the tv revenue runs the game so much that folks like ESPN would rather show America this than a matchup of two honest programs like Indiana vs Illinois or Purdue vs. Minnesota. After all, isn't it the fair competition by honest "student athletes" that the colleges seek to promote?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Trading jerseys for tattoos, damn they should throw the book at them! LOL The NCAA is ******* ridiculous

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Trading jerseys for tattoos, damn they should throw the book at them! LOL The NCAA is ******* ridiculous
    Yeah, no comparison.....trading jersey's for tattoos vs protecting a pedophile.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

True but the cover-up can sometimes be as bad as the crime and Tressel protected his thugs. If Tressel had come forward with everything in the beginning, it's likely the NCAA would have just given the program a hand slap and suspended the players.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

THugs... he protected his "thugs." The nasty, street mongoring, tattoo trading,..... thugs
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

8. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    THugs... he protected his "thugs." The nasty, street mongoring, tattoo trading,..... thugs
    Kind of hard calling someone getting a tattoo a thug. Not exactly my lifestyle, but that's not a "thug."

Every school has "thugs" who get arrested every year. It happens at EVERY school, so it makes me laugh when fans of one school knock another school's players (ironically, this wasn't even a crime, but I digress).

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information