Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chef Zambini- What is the best recipe for....

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

I took another look at your set, the knives go in sideways so the block compensates for the old style when the knife was stored on its edge, thats good. I also looked at the details of the knife variety. no clever, no fish filet knife. these would be nice additions to the set.
    BTW, its the WOOD handles that precludes you from using your dishwasher for the knives, mostly because during the heated drying cycle, those handles will dry out and crack. if your dishwasher has a quality epoxy finish on the racks and you can set the DW for a non heated drying wash cycle, you could get away with washing them in the DW on occasion, but a quick wipe from a cloth in a sanitized solution and a hand dry with a clean cloth towel is easy enough to maintain your blades.
    a light oil rub on handles and blade, as well as the wood block will also help maintain your knives as well.
    follow the instructions provided with the set.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

The knives I have now club my food instead of cutting. I am truly pumped to get them.

4. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Well thanks, but I do not have a women and it would be a surpise thing i guess. Let me re-run you through the scenario. If I want to make a dinner for a date (any woman, if she doesnt like it I can make a mean mac and cheese or sammich). But it needs to be an impressive dinner (not super expensive like surf and turf though). You know, I want to know what is that secret weapon recipe I can conjure up to make a nice dinner date end up being a little nicer, if you know what I mean. Like your strawberris, I can find those at any store. Now I just need the entree.
    poirk tenderloin!
    buy it whole almost no waste, looks like a giant uncircumcised penis, makes a nice impression before she puts it in her mouth!

wash and dry the tenderloin with paper towel.
    trim away the silver skin, take your time, use your thinnist sharpest knife, take your time, may be a video for you to watch (alton smith).
    season the outside with powdered garlic (not salt) ground ginger , and ground corriander.
    add fresh cracked pepperecorns, mixed is my reccomendation.
    if you have a cast iron skillet or grilling pan, get them hot and quickly brown or grill the outside of your tenderloin, noit to cook, just to brown the outside, the tenderloin should stillbe RAW inside.
    set your oven for 425 degrees.
    set the browned tenderloin in the oven for 8 minutes.
    remove, let resat for 2 minutes, slice and serve.
    asparagus:
    remove bottom half, roll in same seasoning mixture you used for the pork along with a light cooking oil.
    place them on the cast iron pan or grill and cook them in the same oven at the same time
    OR
    throw them into boiling water for 3 minutes, drain emmediatly. sautee them for service in butter and add seasoning as desired.
    strawberries romanoff.
    big, plump, fresh strwaberries.
    get a bowl of cold water.
    plung the whole fresh strwberries in the water filled bowl, agggitate and remove to a poabercloth surface to dry, stemside down.
    when dry, remove stem and stem core. slice in HALF. refrigerate for service.
    whipped cream ()chantilly cream)
    best if you make your own, but if you buy some i n the store, be sure its REAL whipped cream and best in pouch instead of aerosol can.
    when ready to serve straWBERRIES REMOVE SIX HALVES of the strwaberries place in a bowlcrush them with two forks and make a paste.
    add 2 ounces of grand marinier and one cup of whipped cream, combine.
    pour over remaining strawberries and serve.
    if the berries are not super freah and full of flavor( taste them) you can soak them in grandmarnier and powdered sugar for 20 minutes before you combine them in the recipe.

for a starch you can do a rice dish or gemstone baby potatos
    or you can add that killer mac and cheese , great comfort food.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

I reccomend a petite syrah or pinot noir for this dinner.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

I reccomend a petite syrah or pinot noir for this dinner.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFVYcfyd_S8
    a web site video for trimming the silver skin, there are others.

9. The Following User High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Zam, I know you have a cool gauc recipe. let me have it.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

guac is easy. fresh avocado, add a spoonfull of your favorite salsa! a guac always needs an acid to keep iut from oxidizing and turning brown.
    lime
    citrus, tquilla, they will all work, especially in combination with each other.
    diced red onion, peeled and de-seeded tomato, garlic, salt pepper tobasco you can add these instead of a commercial salsa, but the commercial salsa will have stabilizers and hogonizers that will keep yopur guac looking fresh and green.
    adding a touch of commercial mayo will do the same.
    I have a roasted corn salsa that I buy and add that to my avocado along with diced red onion, tobasco and garlic powder.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I want to make some chicken wings, looking for a good sauce that is not hot......but i can make hot easily. so i can make 2 batches of wings, hot and not hot.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

I ROAST my wings.
    brown them first in a hot oven 450
    length of time depends on if they are fresh or frozen.
    if fresh, toss in oil first, if frozen just oil the pan. a simple sauce of tomato sauce with vinegar and seasonings can serve your purpose.
    fresh should take about 8 minutes
    frozen closer to 20 minutes.
    I like garlic powder, cummin, corriander seed and chili powder along with fresh cracked pepper medly.
    use the seasonings you enjoy.
    after the initial browning, mix your seasonings with a tomato sauce, something right out of the can or even catsup.
    toss your browned wings in a bowl with this seasoned sauce to get a nice coating and then back in to the same hot oven to roast nice and crisp.
    I like sweet and spicy so I add honey or maple syrup to the sauce
    an acai syrup will also work if you have it.
    brown sugar an excellent option too !
    this second roasting period should be around 8 minutes as well.
    if you add a sweet component to the sauce the SUGAR content will burn so you should turn DOWN the oven to 400, not 450. and keep an eye on them!
    now jus add the HEAT to HALF of the remaining sauce (tobasco, hot sauce, salsa etc.) and you have one sauce kid friendly and another for the adults.
    Hope this helps, enjoy.
    you can always do those wings 'naked"
    season them without any sauce they roast up nice and crisp, then just dip in sauce rather than guessing how many to do spicy and how many kid friendly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Or if you have a deep fryer or a turkey fryer you can do that then toss them in whatever kind of sauce you want...skip all the bullshit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    I ROAST my wings.
    brown them first in a hot oven 450
    length of time depends on if they are fresh or frozen.
    if fresh, toss in oil first, if frozen just oil the pan. a simple sauce of tomato sauce with vinegar and seasonings can serve your purpose.
    fresh should take about 8 minutes
    frozen closer to 20 minutes.
    I like garlic powder, cummin, corriander seed and chili powder along with fresh cracked pepper medly.
    use the seasonings you enjoy.
    after the initial browning, mix your seasonings with a tomato sauce, something right out of the can or even catsup.
    toss your browned wings in a bowl with this seasoned sauce to get a nice coating and then back in to the same hot oven to roast nice and crisp.
    I like sweet and spicy so I add honey or maple syrup to the sauce
    an acai syrup will also work if you have it.
    brown sugar an excellent option too !
    this second roasting period should be around 8 minutes as well.
    if you add a sweet component to the sauce the SUGAR content will burn so you should turn DOWN the oven to 400, not 450. and keep an eye on them!
    now jus add the HEAT to HALF of the remaining sauce (tobasco, hot sauce, salsa etc.) and you have one sauce kid friendly and another for the adults.
    Hope this helps, enjoy.
    you can always do those wings 'naked"
    season them without any sauce they roast up nice and crisp, then just dip in sauce rather than guessing how many to do spicy and how many kid friendly.
    sweet thanks. what are the portions for seasoning to tomato sauce/vinegar. The reason I am need one with out spice is that due to the wife's crohns disease spicy does not do well with her digestive system but I still want it. I have franks Hot sauce i would add for the spicy.

SR I do not have a fryer, trying to avoid "fried" food at home.

17. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    sweet thanks. what are the portions for seasoning to tomato sauce/vinegar. The reason I am need one with out spice is that due to the wife's crohns disease spicy does not do well with her digestive system but I still want it. I have franks Hot sauce i would add for the spicy.

Gotcha. And Crohn's sucks...a good friend of mine at work here has Crohn's so I get to hear allllll about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Gotcha. And Crohn's sucks...a good friend of mine at work here has Crohn's so I get to hear allllll about it.
    we only talk about it at home. We are focusing on making 90% of our meals from scratch so we know exactly what is in it. She has this idea of making meals and freezing them on the weekends and then we can finish them when we want them. They are assembled and frozen partially or fully cooked. We made chicken enchiladas, taco soup, shepard pie like thing, honey-lemon chicken, and tacos all in 1 day and froze them so we can pull out after work pop in oven for like 30 minutes and we are done.

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post

my gal also suffers from intestinal issues. I wish you and your wife well.
    go with the NAKED gameplan. the wings will be more crispy and dipping is just as good as cooking in the sauce.
    after the first browning, you can season the wings directly, with no sauce, just make up a spice mix that you enjoy and sprinkle it on the wings before the second browning session.

youy know whats best, but I would think the VINEGAR represents a strong ACID that might also affect the crohns issue.
    high fructose another villan to consider.
    if honey is not one of her diet restrictions I would reccomend just seasoning the wings and using plain honey for dipping.
    ( or maple syrup)

lol AIDS
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information