Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I completely agree with the first half.

Second half: I see him in the 10-15 range. February-April will change a lot.
    OL, QB, WR, DL/pass rushers are typically the first positions off the board with amazing defensive backs or ILB picked in top 10. going back 5 years only . 4 RB, 6 DB, 0 TEs and 2 ILB (almost half of those in the last draft).

Those 2 ILB are the only ILB drafted in 1st round since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    We dont need the BEST MLB in the draft. We just need one capable of actually playing the position. I would love to get a guy like Minter or Mauti in round 2.

By the way...I know the top 5 players are really determined by need, but on just a standard player ranking scale...most of you have Te'o HIGHLY overrated. Top 3-5??? Top 20, I'll give you. But top 3-5...no way.

I'd love Te'o, but I have to agree with Coach on this. I've watched him play several times, and while he is a stud, I don't see top 5. JMO.

3. The Following User High Fived smith49 For This Post:

I dont see top 5 at all.

I think 9 is the absolute highest but also as low as 20. I'm just saying if he falls that far then what we would have to give up from 20-32 isnt nearly as much as what you would have to give up for the top 12. So to get another impact LB along side Miller and give up a couple of picks to keep this team dominant while we still have Manning it might be well worth it.

After watching every Notre Dame game this year, I can tell you that Te'o is a badass and is the real deal. I don't see him being a bust at all and he comes in day 1 as an impact starter on defense. We all know how huge getting Von Miller was, well Te'o will do that for us in the middle.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Agreed with Chaz, he's not one of the 3 best players in college football, but then neither was Ray Lewis, or Al Wilson. Even Urlacher went 9th with some very deserving college players (and good pros) above him. But their defenses wouldn't be the same without em. I think somebody hops on Manti around pick 10-15, as has been said, but if he falls to 20ish where we could get him... I would absolutely make that happen.

But there are several worthwhile MLBs in this draft who could take over for Mays/Brooking from the first snap of training camp. We'd better address it. we can't keep having the captain of our Special Teams being the leader of our D too.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:

Like I said...it depends on need. When I say Te'o rates as a top 20-25 player, that just means he ranks between 20-25 overall in terms of skill. However...he likely ranks #1 as far as ILB's go and if a team in the 10-15 range list that as their priority...then he'll go there. Whether he lives up to that value is a story for a day a few years from now.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Top5 talent level in this draft as it stands now, not Top5 in the country. We don't know what underclassmen will declare and as usual the Sr class is thoroughly underwhelming. He was Top20 in last years draft, he's done nothing but improve his stock by proving he's a 3-down MLB.

Top5 as it stands now, Top10 easy.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

At this point Te'o might be Top5 based on hype alone, but in terms of skill level, there aren't 19-24 players better than he is in this draft.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    At this point Te'o might be Top5 based on hype alone, but in terms of skill level, there aren't 19-24 players better than he is in this draft.......
    Top 5 talent possibly. But ILB tend to not go too high, DL, OL, QB, WR, pass rushers all go before ILB. He could fall just based on team needs. Do you take best ILB or 2nd best OL, DL, OLB, WR

12. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I actually believe he is a top 5 talent. He is a difference maker and a defensive cornerstone for some lucky team. That said, his position isn't quite as valued as QB, CB, OT and DE. He may slip outside of the top 8. If he does, we pounce.

My prediction for names in the top 5 to be picked include:

Barkley (just too polished not to be)
    Jarvis Jones
    Star
    Joeckel
    Mingo

Maybe a Geno goes earlier than he should, but these are my top 5. Sam Montgomery, Banks and Hankins are up there as well. Plus...watch for Keenan Allen to make a move up the boards.

14. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

I encourage all of you college fans to watch T'eo this year. Notre Dames defense is really playing at a high level and Manti is a big reason why. Notre Dame is still undefeated at 8-0. I think I'm going to the Notre Dame vs USC game in LA next month to witness it live.

With the 3-5 year window we are going to have with Manning I think we might be in a position to win now. Meaning, I really wouldnt mind the Broncos trading up for guys who will make an impact now! Manti would be the QB for the defense and we all know Mays isnt the answer. Brooking is older than dirt and who knows how long he will hold up. Patrick Willis and Beason both are guys who made their defense alot better. We have been lacking a true leader in the middle for years now sohopefully the Broncos take a long look at Manti, even if it meant trading away alot to get him.

Just my 2 cents.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I encourage all of you college fans to watch T'eo this year. Notre Dames defense is really playing at a high level and Manti is a big reason why. Notre Dame is still undefeated at 8-0. I think I'm going to the Notre Dame vs USC game in LA next month to witness it live.

With the 3-5 year window we are going to have with Manning I think we might be in a position to win now. Meaning, I really wouldnt mind the Broncos trading up for guys who will make an impact now! Manti would be the QB for the defense and we all know Mays isnt the answer. Brooking is older than dirt and who knows how long he will hold up. Patrick Willis and Beason both are guys who made their defense alot better. We have been lacking a true leader in the middle for years now sohopefully the Broncos take a long look at Manti, even if it meant trading away alot to get him.

Just my 2 cents.
    Usually, I would prefer that the Broncos FO keep building a solid foundation through the draft. It's great for the long term stability of the franchise. However, with the maturation of the offense under Manning, I wouldn't be adverse to them making a move similar to that of the Falcons when they moved up to get Julio Jones. Hopefully not giving up as much in compensation.

Overall, the defense is still a work in progress and for the first time in a long time, the linebacker position has become one of the weaker positions on this team. This team really needs a difference maker at MLB and T'eo would be a very nice addition. He's well worth the effort to move up in the draft. At the OLB position, Irving seems to be making strides since his move, but the position could also use another player.

The Ty Warren experiment hasn't worked out as hoped, so Denver still needs more bodies at DT. That can be addressed in FA through some combination like the Hill kid from Detroit and another pick in the draft.

If they can address these areas in next years draft and FA, Denver has to be considered as one of the top five teams in the league.

Adopted Bronco:

I still say WOW. And in a pass, pass, run NFL, I still say I'd be pissed if Denver traded future picks to get a MLB.

19. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Not me. Not if its a stud MLB. A stud MLB is as important as any player on the field. You will never, have a great defense without a stud MLB. Futures picks are completely unknown.... if you can use those picks to get an impact player in the draft now......then I think you absolutely do it.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Not me. Not if its a stud MLB. A stud MLB is as important as any player on the field. You will never, have a great defense without a stud MLB. Futures picks are completely unknown.... if you can use those picks to get an impact player in the draft now......then I think you absolutely do it.
    Fair...but how many MLB's are "impact" players in the NFL? And how many rings have those players helped their teams earn? Lofton? Willis? Jackson?

I'm completely okay with drafting Te'o if he's available, but if we have to "settle" for one of the next 2-3 guys, I'm definitely ok with that as well

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    We dont need the BEST MLB in the draft. We just need one capable of actually playing the position. I would love to get a guy like Minter or Mauti in round 2.

By the way...I know the top 5 players are really determined by need, but on just a standard player ranking scale...most of you have Te'o HIGHLY overrated. Top 3-5??? Top 20, I'll give you. But top 3-5...no way.
    sounds like it would take too much to get this kid

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information