Thread: Bettman, NHL make new offer in hope of full season

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Bettman, NHL make new offer in hope of full season

TORONTO—The NHL has made a new offer to the players' association that proposes a 50-50 split of hockey-related revenue and a full 82-game season starting Nov. 2.

As talks resumed Tuesday in Toronto between the league and the NHLPA, Commissioner Gary Bettman announced the offer, which is crafted for—if nothing else—a quick response from the head of the players' association, Donald Fehr.

"It was done," Bettman said, "in the spirit of getting a deal done."

Fehr told reporters that the proposal is for six years. Bettman did not confirm that number.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...pe-full-season

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I sure hope they can get something going. I miss hockey. If they do get a deal done I wonder what all of the NHL players currently in Europe and Russia are going to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I sure hope they can get something going. I miss hockey. If they do get a deal done I wonder what all of the NHL players currently in Europe and Russia are going to do.

I have read on some players playing elsewhere, and for those, they signed contracts, which would allow them to leave if this is settled.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post

Teams who employed NBA players typically had high buyouts, or specific dates when the players would be released back to the NBA.

players dont seem to like it... its a 50/50 split in revenue but the players seem to think they deserve 60%... Im to the point where I just wish the players would just **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

We are going to get hockey back. It will happen. There is pressure from the outside on it this year. A 2bil contract is at stake.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We are going to get hockey back. It will happen. There is pressure from the outside on it this year. A 2bil contract is at stake.
    I couldnt care less, really. I wish they would come back with new players and let these c%nts find other places to play or God forbid, real jobs. **** the players

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    players dont seem to like it... its a 50/50 split in revenue but the players seem to think they deserve 60%... Im to the point where I just wish the players would just **** off.
    The players aren't even getting 60% now. What makes them think they should get more?

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

what contract is at stake?

NBC? Whichever broadcast channel it is. They bought rights to tons of games and such and their investment is not paying off right now.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

NBC? Whichever broadcast channel it is. They bought rights to tons of games and such and their investment is not paying off right now.
    NBC will still pay the contract this year, but will receive a "free" year in 2021-22, I believe is what I read.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information