Thread: How Bout Them Broncos?

Default How Bout Them Broncos?

Now let’s contrast that to what actually happened. Antonio Gates had 5 first half catches for 68 yards and 2 scores leading the Chargers to a 24-0 lead. Then something magical happens… instead of rushing Von, he’s covering… and doing it pretty well. Gruden criticized the move, correctly pointing out that Miller’s best asset is his pass-rushing ability. What Gruden’s lack of Broncos defense focus neglected to realize, no one else was capable of covering. Joe Mays and Brooking can’t cover. Mike Adams can’t fill and take on Gates in a match-up battle. Woodyard can run with him, but can’t get his head around to make a play on the ball.

So Von it must be… situationally, at least.

When DJ Williams returns, we can cut down further on those coverage drops and get him chasing the QB more, but without telegraphing his role to opposing offensive line coaches. With our given personnel, I want 3-3 nickel looks in long passing situations with Elvis, Vickerson and Meth-Wolfe on the line with Woodyard, DJ and Von standing up. With moderate splits, our LBs should have some premium pass-rushing match-ups coming on a blitz–All three have shown an innate ability to get to the quarterback… let’s take advantage of it. Let’s dictate protection schemes as opposing OC’s have to analyze tendencies to answer questions like: Who’s coming on 3rd and long? How many are coming?
    The rest at: http://patrickturley.org/how-bout-them-broncos-4/

A quick write-up of the current state of the team. It's by me, so check it out or don't at your leisure.

Also, not proof-read at all, so check it for errors for me if you read through it.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

seems the 335 is getting more and more popular around the NFL right now. Since everything is pass pass pass with less emphasis on the run, the 335 is making a big come-back as a standard D.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I agree that Jeff Triplette is useless. One of my least favorite white hats in the league.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I agree that Jeff Triplette is useless. One of my least favorite white hats in the league.
    Laughing about the same thing. Too true.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Default How Bout Them Broncos?

The Broncos rule.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Good write up Reverend

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Good job, Rev. Name:  thdrink.gif
Views: 50
Size:  381 Bytes
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie McCaffrey

Good read. Thanks!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information