Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 72

Thread: Awesome win but......

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post

    The defense has looked good all year long. Glad they had a game that gives them the credit, but the offense in the second half was just as impressive.
    I must have missed the parts of the New England and Houston games where the defense looked good.

    The defense looked good in this game in that they pressured the QB with the lead, forced turnovers, and slightly improved in 3rd down situations. However, we still cannot stop the run, cover a TE, or stay accountable throughout the entire game.

  2. The Following User High Fived ForgettingBrandonMarshall For This Post:


  3. #47
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Emma Watson
    Posts
    67,742

    Default

    There really is no imploding, just getting mentally out of sync. I stated it in another thread that throughout a course of a game there are many variables to how it will go. In the first half Denver kept self destructing with bad turnovers. Look at Decker falling down, its just bad luck there. In the second half, Denver scores first and then there is a turnover which starts to turn the tide and get the team to believe they can come back. From there Denver continued to get more confidence while SD started to lose theirs.

  4. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    maryland usa
    Posts
    41,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    There really is no imploding, just getting mentally out of sync. I stated it in another thread that throughout a course of a game there are many variables to how it will go. In the first half Denver kept self destructing with bad turnovers. Look at Decker falling down, its just bad luck there. In the second half, Denver scores first and then there is a turnover which starts to turn the tide and get the team to believe they can come back. From there Denver continued to get more confidence while SD started to lose theirs.
    football games remind me alot of boxing matches. alot of times it's whoever gets into the other person's head first and stays in there the longest.

  5. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:


  6. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Clown Shoes
    Posts
    46,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I dont understand all the elation this morning... all I seen was a team implode. The Chargers came out in the second half throwing the ball when they didnt have to. They could have easily ran out the game but decided to try and rub it in by throwing the ball. They were getting 5 - 9 yard chunks on each run and consistently burning us on screen passes, if they would have continued they would have won.

    The Chargers lost that game more than the Broncos won it, we're lucky we play in the worst division in the NFL. Denver turns the ball over way too much to win games against good teams, 95% of the other teams would have buried us. I just can't pretend Denver is good because we beat a team that killed itself. I just wish they would have tried to pick up some players to help Manning instead of trying to win with a roster half full of practice squad players.
    I agree that Denver has a long way to go to be a legit contender, but what you say about their running game and screen game is wrong. Mathews averaged less than 3.5 YPC (not the 5-9 you claim) and the defense figured out the screen game after the first few screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

  7. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:


  8. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany, OR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time
    Posts
    12,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    thats the point lol

    San Diego didnt do anything well and were still up 24-0 at half... your using that as proof that this team is good? A team plays like shit and is beating Denver 24-0 at half, what thought process do you go through to make yourself think that makes Denver a good team?
    turnovers can make a world of difference in a game. Make a bad team look better.

  9. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany, OR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time
    Posts
    12,115

    Default

    I think Mays not on the field made a world of change

  10. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:


  11. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Clown Shoes
    Posts
    46,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I think Mays not on the field made a world of change
    Having DB's on the field that can actually catch the ball helped some too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

  12. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:


  13. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany, OR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time
    Posts
    12,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Having DB's on the field that can actually catch the ball helped some too.
    Well I learned that the MLB can play coverage too besides trying to blow people up.....who woulda thunk

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    22,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForgettingBrandonMarshall View Post
    I must have missed the parts of the New England and Houston games where the defense looked good.

    The defense looked good in this game in that they pressured the QB with the lead, forced turnovers, and slightly improved in 3rd down situations. However, we still cannot stop the run, cover a TE, or stay accountable throughout the entire game.

    Where did you see that we couldn't cover the TE or be accountable throughout this game at ALLL??? Where in this game did the defense let us down? Where did you see that we couldn't stop the run??

    The ONLY game this year where our defense didn't look good as the NE game, I'll give you that. Houston is one of the top teams in the NFL, and we let go of two LONG pass plays (both covered by the same guy that was then benched)....other than that, they didn't run all over us. I think you are off on this.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Where did you see that we couldn't cover the TE or be accountable throughout this game at ALLL??? Where in this game did the defense let us down? Where did you see that we couldn't stop the run??

    The ONLY game this year where our defense didn't look good as the NE game, I'll give you that. Houston is one of the top teams in the NFL, and we let go of two LONG pass plays (both covered by the same guy that was then benched)....other than that, they didn't run all over us. I think you are off on this.
    I watched Ryan Matthews get 6-8 yard chunks all night long. I saw us try to use two safeties, Adams and Leonard, to try and cover a TE. In case you did not notice, that TE scored on us twice. We have let a TE score in 4 of our 6 games.

    I said stay accountable throughout the entire game, not that we weren't accountable at all. I want consistency, not dig a giant hole and try to come back every game. Who would have thought that 4 out of our 6 games we would be down by 20+ entering halftime? That is not all on the defense, but some of it is. So your point earlier about the defense playing great all year is pre-mature. They've played inconsistent.

    Houston ran for 152 yards, Foster accumulating 105 of those yards averaging over 4 yards a carry. We gave up 252 rushing yards to NE. Our run defense ranks 20th in the league at 150 yards/game. Is that stopping the run?

    I admitted that the D looked good in the second half with the turnovers and getting to the QB. I admit that our special teams and offense did not help them out in the first half (I love stressing ball security all week and then fumbling twice within the first 7 minutes of the game). I just disagree that our D has looked great all year (6 games).

    I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer. This was a statement game. Hey, Dolts, we are going to spot you 24 points and then grab your throat in the second half and not let go ON YOUR HOME FIELD. Our schedule looks easier and this team proved that they can win from behind on the road. Keep it in perspective though. There is still A LOT to work on.

  16. The Following User High Fived ForgettingBrandonMarshall For This Post:


  17. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    18,735

    Default

    Okay I will just agree with all of you then, two bad teams playing turnover ball makes Denver awesome... start engraving the trophy!!

    What you saw was a team get off to a quick start and take over the game because the other team shit its pants and fumbles the game away... then the second half, the other team shit its pants and threw the game away... both teams suck and only one has the chance to make the playoffs and lose by a large margin to a better team. Yay!!!! now I see why everyone is slobbering all over each other today!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

  18. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:


  19. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    35,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Okay I will just agree with all of you then, two bad teams playing turnover ball makes Denver awesome... start engraving the trophy!!

    What you saw was a team get off to a quick start and take over the game because the other team shit its pants and fumbles the game away... then the second half, the other team shit its pants and threw the game away... both teams suck and only one has the chance to make the playoffs and lose by a large margin to a better team.
    I am arguably the most miserable person on the planet - but no matter how ugly, or by what means, that 24 point comeback made for a great night. If you are so singularly focused on winning a super bowl, then you are going to be miserable most seasons... That's my only point. The team is obviously full of holes, but for one day I'm willing to bask in the glow of a divisional win... Which, oh by the way, happened to be the greatest comeback in MNF history.

  20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:


  21. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Laying around
    Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em
    Posts
    7,634

    Default

    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar about the comeback. The first half still happened and that is what worries me about this team. When they put together 4 quarters of consistent football in the same game more than once in a row I'll be much happier.
    Merry.

  22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:


  23. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    18,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I am arguably the most miserable person on the planet - but no matter how ugly, or by what means, that 24 point comeback made for a great night. If you are so singularly focused on winning a super bowl, then you are going to be miserable most seasons... That's my only point. The team is obviously full of holes, but for one day I'm willing to bask in the glow of a divisional win... Which, oh by the way, happened to be the greatest comeback in MNF history.
    The comeback was awesome, my buddy and I were going crazy watching the second half! ...Im just in a shitty mood today.


    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

  24. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Clown Shoes
    Posts
    46,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar...
    Oh man, this would be a perfect Geico commercial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

  25. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group