Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson, Foles, Cousins, just the first three of many...

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Default Wilson, Foles, Cousins, just the first three of many...

Unless osweiler turns out to be the next aaron rogers, I will never understand the urgency in wasting our second pick on brock !
    these 3 mentioned are already making contributions to their teams on GAMEDAY, while brock holds a clipboard.
    they are all selections AFTER brock this year and just the first in an annual parade of college talent and free agents, that could all be suitable alternatives to the tall order project !
    how many potential starting QBs will we also IGNORE over the next 3 to 4 years so JE can save face and justify this senseless selection?
    25?
    this pick was worse than ashlie lelie !
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

We're still talking about this?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Screw Oz for not beating out Manning....what a hack. :zambini:
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

All second round picks must contribute week one and throughout the rest of the season or they are considered busts. If they sit on the sideline for further development, they must develop into an MVP.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

It really could be a waste if Manning continues to play like this until he is 40. Osweiller would be just another Gary Kubiak. Its possible. Manning has exceeded expectations by a mile. One of two qbs to have 1,000 yards, 8 touchdowns and no interceptions over 3 games. Would have been cool to have hightower and wolfe, but thats how it goes.

9. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I have no opinion on Brock yet, but still think it was strange pick along with the move up for Hillman. Not saying either is bust on bad pick, just don't understand the logic behind those picks.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

11. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Again. I like oz but given the no plan b mantra and the obvious lack of depth on the roster I think the point is valid. I question it more now that the obvious holes at lb and interior oline have been exposed. When the pick was made I was hopeful for a healthy kuper, and progress by guys like Walton irvin and Mohammed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So a Hall of Fame QB drafted a QB to groom? Shocker. I'll take that over the last dooshcanoe who thought he could make QB soup outta chicken poop.

Wolfe is the reason Hightower is not a Bronco, not Osweiler.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So...

Now you just want a DIFFERENT QB?

You don't really care who that quarterback is, you just want someone else...

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

FOr god's sake... seriously? Again with this crap?

What if Elway was thinking the "what if Manning gets hurt later in the year?" Then we have the new QB already on the roster, already learning, already developing, and already working with the team. Elway is not, was not, and WILL not draft for THAT year. You do not draft for THAT year. You draft for the future. So far, your problems with the draft are based on nothing more than "we don't have the guys I want".... Its an absolutely ABSURD question to ask "just how many starting QB's will ELway pass on".... I mean, that is one of the dumbest things I've read anyone type, or hear anyone say. I can't think of a dumber question asked. Truly makes zero sense whatsoever.

For christ sake, we GET that you don't like Oz, But another thread on this? Jeebus
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 10-13-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

I see that some of you are willing to recognize the implications of the OS pick, while others just allow their pre-conceived notions about the poster dictate their negative opinions on the subject.
    I do not want ANY other QB, I ask, " what distinguishes Os from any other QB that JE would make such a sacrifice and commitment."
    I watched a few of BO's games here for ASU, and frankly I fail to understand the urgency in selecting this guy in the face of so many other needs and so many other alternatives down the road.

alternatives that now the broncos are COMPELLED to overlook, to save face on this bizarre selection that denied us an aquisition of NEED !

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    I see that some of you are willing to recognize the implications of the OS pick, while others just allow their pre-conceived notions about the poster dictate their negative opinions on the subject.
    I do not want ANY other QB, I ask, " what distinguishes Os from any other QB that JE would make such a sacrifice and commitment."
    I watched a few of BO's games here for ASU, and frankly I fail to understand the urgency in selecting this guy in the face of so many other needs and so many other alternatives down the road.

alternatives that now the broncos are COMPELLED to overlook, to save face on this bizarre selection that denied us an aquisition of NEED !
    I don't know. He hasn't played a down yet.

Which, ironically, means you don't have a clue either.

21. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    It really could be a waste if Manning continues to play like this until he is 40. Osweiller would be just another Gary Kubiak. Its possible. Manning has exceeded expectations by a mile. One of two qbs to have 1,000 yards, 8 touchdowns and no interceptions over 3 games. Would have been cool to have hightower and wolfe, but thats how it goes.
    that would be the best case scenario ! thats why I compare Os to an insurance policy.
    we have a TRUCK.
    we NEED a CAR,
    but instead we buy an expensive insurance policy on the truck
    and we still NEED A CAR.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

Really? Again with this garbage talk? Let's see...Manning seems to be the only one that's not suffering from an injury. Flynn is an overpaid garbage QB that couldn't beat out a rookie QB, who by the way is overwhelmed by the NFL game. In Foles and Cousins case, they would only play if Vick and RGIII are hurt. Here's what I'll do, I'll ambush Manning at night, injure an arm or two then Osweiler could start.

It's ridiculous to say that Foles and Cousins are ready to play in the NFL. At this point, they're still boom or bust. What if they fail when they start? What then? Couldn't they be considered busts or wasted picks? NO ONE COULD PREDICT HOW A DRAFT PICK WILL TURN OUT. EVER.

I don't understand your definition of potential starting QBs. Technically, if Manning gets hurt this year, wouldn't Osweiler be a potential starting QB? This complaint isn't justified until we see how Osweiler does.
    "I'm petrified of nipple chafing"-Andy Bernard

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived ikillz0mbies For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

5 games into the season?

Sorry, dumbest thread ever.

26. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information