Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jessica Ridgeway - Age 10 - Missing

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Jessica Ridgeway - Age 10 - Missing

Jessica Ridgeway, Westminster, CO, has been missing from her home since Friday, 10-5-12. She left her home at approximately 8:30am, to walk approximately 3 blocks to meet up with her friends at Chelsea Park, to walk to their school. Jessica never made it to the park. Westminster police have received many tips, some from other states, which they are following up on, plus extensive searching daily. They are asking for everyone's help.

Here are pictures of Jessica.

[/QUOTE]
    If you have any information regarding the investigation, Westminster police are asking you to call the tip line at 303-658-4336, or email PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us. You can also find more information on a Facebook page that has been set up by Ridgeway’s family.
    http://kdvr.com/2012/10/08/live-blog...sica-ridgeway/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/11...t-parents-not/

Colorado police who have been searching for a missing 10-year-old girl since Friday said they found a body in the vicinity of where the girl went missing.

Adopted Bronco:

I hope this doesnt come across the wrong way, so I'll try to explain my comment as best as I can. Unfortunately these child abductions and deaths happen almost daily in this twisted world we live in. Posting something about each one of them would be rather time consuming. What is significant about the Ridgeway girl that makes this thread happen?

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I hope this doesnt come across the wrong way, so I'll try to explain my comment as best as I can. Unfortunately these child abductions and deaths happen almost daily in this twisted world we live in. Posting something about each one of them would be rather time consuming. What is significant about the Ridgeway girl that makes this thread happen?
    You dont live in Colorado. Maybe abductions happen every day in Texas. Right now Jessica Ridgeway is the lead story in this state. Can you tell us the last time something similar has happened in Denver? When was the last time a thread was started about a child being abducted? If you dont like a topic or a thread, you dont need to open them.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Also, this past Tuesday, a women in Maine reported that, on Sunday, she spotted a little girl in the back of a blue station wagon, with Colorado plates, who resembled Jessica. When ask why she waited until Tuesday, she said she did not read about Jessica until Tuesday. As the Westminster PD said they are receiving tips from other states, and since there are those posting on BF from other states, I felt it was important to get out the information.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

9. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    You dont live in Colorado. Maybe abductions happen every day in Texas. Right now Jessica Ridgeway is the lead story in this state. Can you tell us the last time something similar has happened in Denver? When was the last time a thread was started about a child being abducted? If you dont like a topic or a thread, you dont need to open them.
    I think I did a pretty decent job of making it clear that I didnt want my post to come across the wrong way and yet you still took offense to it. I can only assume that you have the desire to ba an ******* about it. In that case... **** you.

BECAUSE I dont live in Colorado, along with the majority of people on this forum, I was merely curious if there was some sort of significance to this girl as opposed to others that this happens to throughout the country. Nothing more...nothing less.

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Come on Dzone. He didnt mean it in a negative way, in fact i was thinking the same thing. Sure, its a tragic story but i am a little curious what makes her more important (in terms of media coverage) compared to any other child that is abducted. Its not to be an ass, just geniune curiosity so i know what Coach was getting at. Obviously, no one means any harm to the girl but it is a little odd that this one particular girl is getting the national attention that she is when this stuff happens daily across the US.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The problem with missing person news coverage is that the over-coverage can turn from news to entertainment very quickly.

For instance, I don't mind the over-coverage as it pertains to updates on tips about her whereabouts, or when they found belongings that might lead to her discovery because I'd hope they'd do the same if my family member was missing. On the other hand, the live helicopter shots above where they believed to have found her body yesterday were absurd and don't contribute to the search at all. That's where it crosses a line IMO.

14. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Just out of curiosity, I took a quick look at missing kids in Colorado in 2012. I went to one site and looked at one year and there were a handful of names on the list. As I sadly expected...Ridgeway is NOT the only one, and based on that expectation...I was curious as to why there was a thread about her and none about the others.

I could have been that someone here was related to her, or knew her, or anything. Turns out it was none of the above and she happens to get a thread because her story is getting more national publicity than the others did. So be it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Just out of curiosity, I took a quick look at missing kids in Colorado in 2012. I went to one site and looked at one year and there were a handful of names on the list. As I sadly expected...Ridgeway is NOT the only one, and based on that expectation...I was curious as to why there was a thread about her and none about the others.

I could have been that someone here was related to her, or knew her, or anything. Turns out it was none of the above and she happens to get a thread because her story is getting more national publicity than the others did. So be it.
    Does it really matter, Coach? You don't have to participate in the thread. Your original post might not have been intended to come across as dickish, but you are losing ground.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

its a missing child, that was taking tips from every state...does it really matter if there is a significance or not?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

19. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Does it really matter, Coach? You don't have to participate in the thread. Your original post might not have been intended to come across as dickish, but you are losing ground.
    The question was simple. Why does Ridgeway get a thread? Since this stuff happens all too often and this is the first thread I can recall ever seeing about such a tragedy, I thought maybe she was significant to someone here personally. That's all. Now my curiosity has swayed. I'm now more interested in why it's so "dickish" to ask that question. Why people feel compelled to assume the worst in something I immediately indicated was NOT intended to be insensitive.

Now people change their focus to questioning my intent, instead of the intent of the thread...and I'm the bad guy. Seriously?

21. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Come on Dzone. He didnt mean it in a negative way, in fact i was thinking the same thing. Sure, its a tragic story but i am a little curious what makes her more important (in terms of media coverage) compared to any other child that is abducted. Its not to be an ass, just geniune curiosity so i know what Coach was getting at. Obviously, no one means any harm to the girl but it is a little odd that this one particular girl is getting the national attention that she is when this stuff happens daily across the US.
    Im not angry with coach. He has his right to his opinion. I just figure if someone doesnt like a topic, no need to even click on it.

Yes, these abductions happen often but are usually resolved in a day or two. Typically a parent is the one doing the abducting or else it is someone the child knows.. In this case, it is different. This girl was most likely abducted by a stranger. I havent seen a story in a long time like this one, at least not here where I live in rural Colorado.

23. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    its a missing child, that was taking tips from every state...does it really matter if there is a significance or not?
    At the end of the day...No...it doesnt matter if there is a significance. Just like it doesnt matter if I ask if there is one.

Adopted Bronco:

Im not angry with coach. He has his right to his opinion. I just figure if someone doesnt like a topic, no need to even click on it.

Yes, these abductions happen often but are usually resolved in a day or two. Typically a parent is the one doing the abducting or else it is someone the child knows.. In this case, it is different. This girl was most likely abducted by a stranger. I havent seen a story in a long time like this one, at least not here where I live in rural Colorado.
    Gues what...you just answered my question and told me what was significant about this story. That's all I was looking for.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information