Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Broncos v. Patriots: Reactions

I think we'll get better as the season goes on. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll repeat what I said after we got Peyton. Yes, he's a big upgrade at the QB spot, but I think we should have spent the money elsewhere and upgraded several other spots. We wouldn't get HOF players, but the team overall would be better.

I disagree, JM. Manning is absolutely the key to this team. There is not a position, or positions, that we could have gotten that would have upgraded the team as much as Manning has. What QB would we have used? We STILL have a ton under the cap. A team just can't rebuild over-night and expect to be the tops in the NFL. Adding Manning has been a COMPLETE night/day change to this team, and we are tremendously better with him behind center.

That being said, we've lost to Atlanta, Houston, and NE. Three of the top 4 teams in the NFL. Not exactly shocking that we aren't at that level yet.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    How am I assuming too much. How many times has Manning failed in the red zone since being a bronco? My assumption was tossing out the TOs.
    Your assumption was that if we didn't turn the ball over that we would have scored 14 points...While that may have been the case, that is still assuming too much...a lot of things can happen (dropped passes, bad calls, missed blocking assignments, another TO..)

We are what our record says? Huh? So we lost to 3 of top 5 teams in the league. so i can say we are 6th best team in the league. We have had the hardest schedule this season so far.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Ted Bartlett over at "It's all over Fat Man" usually puts a pretty objective spin on things... Relax and enjoy, all...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ter-five-games
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

6. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Thought the game would be closer but didnt expect the Broncos to win at all. I would like to say that it should have been closer but the team just made mistakes but the fact is, this team is constantly making mistakes and the defense looks clueless out there at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

8. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

step away from the cliff. The defensive lapses are concerning, but look at the bright side of things: Even if this season doesn't end up the way we'd like it to Denver, in a very short time span is once a gain a desirable destination for coaches and players. See the Manning and Del Rio signings. This team lacks depth and most of that blame lies at the feet of Shanny and McD. You just don't fill all these holes in two offseasons. I really think we're seeing a defensive unit adjusting to a totally different scheme than we ran last year and an offense that has a qb who didn't play for a year.

10. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Im tired of losing and tired of losing to teams like this one that are all finesse . We need to get nastier and meaner.
    Last edited by Army Bronco; 10-09-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    step away from the cliff. The defensive lapses are concerning, but look at the bright side of things: Even if this season doesn't end up the way we'd like it to Denver, in a very short time span is once a gain a desirable destination for coaches and players. See the Manning and Del Rio signings. This team lacks depth and most of that blame lies at the feet of Shanny and McD. You just don't fill all these holes in two offseasons. I really think we're seeing a defensive unit adjusting to a totally different scheme than we ran last year and an offense that has a qb who didn't play for a year.
    the roster elway took over was just brutal-- he's turning it over as quickly as he can. . .

that said, i DO think he needs to get better at drafting in a hurry-- or preferably, bring in someone else who already is. . . jim goodman's still out there, as far as i know. . . as bad as our depth is in most spots, we need to start getting some impact (not just minutes) from our higher round picks besides von miller. . . if we expect to be good, anyway-- i know i'm impatient, but PFM doesn't have years for guys like rahim moore, nate irving and ronnie hillman to grow up. . . wolfe has shown some signs of being that type of guy, and i do expect him to continue coming on down the stretch-- we need more like him, though. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    the roster elway took over was just brutal-- he's turning it over as quickly as he can. . .

that said, i DO think he needs to get better at drafting in a hurry-- or preferably, bring in someone else who already is. . . jim goodman's still out there, as far as i know. . . as bad as our depth is in most spots, we need to start getting some impact (not just minutes) from our higher round picks besides von miller. . . if we expect to be good, anyway-- i know i'm impatient, but PFM doesn't have years for guys like rahim moore, nate irving and ronnie hillman to grow up. . . wolfe has shown some signs of being that type of guy, and i do expect him to continue coming on down the stretch-- we need more like him, though. . .
    Oh **** no.

That dude was terrible. He had one decent draft, and its questionable whether any of those players are all that good or reliable.

No. No. No.

There is a very good reason he has NEVER been employed since getting fired three and a half years ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Oh **** no.

That dude was terrible. He had one decent draft, and its questionable whether any of those players are all that good or reliable.

No. No. No.

There is a very good reason he has NEVER been employed since getting fired three and a half years ago.
    oh, gimme a break, midget! hate cutler all you want, but it's just ignorant to suggest that brandon marshall and dumervil weren't INSANE values in the 4th round, given their NFL production. . . not to mention chris kuper in the 5th, who's been one of our best OLs ever since. . .

and that's as far as i'll pursue this, since it's utterly irrelevant to the current topic. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    oh, gimme a break, midget! hate cutler all you want, but it's just ignorant to suggest that brandon marshall and dumervil weren't INSANE values in the 4th round, given their NFL production. . . not to mention chris kuper in the 5th, who's been one of our best OLs ever since. . .

and that's as far as i'll pursue this, since it's utterly irrelevant to the current topic. . .
    He was also responsible for Jarvis Moss.

Like I said. There's a reason no one will hire him.

I actually think that was all on our old DC, that bates guy.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

No one will hire him because he is from the south and therefore of lower intelligence. It's science. Ask beef.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    No one will hire him because he is from the south and therefore of lower intelligence. It's science. Ask beef.
    That MUST be it.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

The Patriots mega hurry up offense kicked our tails. I think it would have done it to any team. I totally believe we have the ability to beat these teams we lost to, but fumbling and dropping passes isnt going to let us beat anyone.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information