Page 420 of 502 FirstFirst ... 320 370 410 418 419 420 421 422 430 470 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Avalanche trades Tyson Barrie, Alex Kerfoot to Toronto Maple Leafs

The Colorado Avalanche completed a trade Monday evening that sent defenseman Tyson Barrie and forward Alexander Kerfoot to the Toronto Maple Leafs. In exchange, the Avs get forward Nazem Kadri, defenseman Calle Rosen and a third-round pick in the 2020 draft.

Colorado also sent back a sixth-round pick in next year’s draft as part of the deal.

“We would like to thank Tyson for all he has done both on and off the ice for the Avalanche organization,” Avs general manager Joe Sakic said in a release. “He certainly made an impact not only with his play but with his charitable work in the local community. We would also like to thank Alexander for his two seasons, as he helped our turnaround in making the playoffs the last two years.
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2019/07/0...o-maple-leafs/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Maybe I am missing something but feels like we didn't get equal value.

We got value but feels like we sold low.

3. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

SR

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Maybe I am missing something but feels like we didn't get equal value.

We got value but feels like we sold low.
    I'd have liked more or someone different. But nez is a 30 goal scorer and also brings the fire we kinda lack. The d kid is a big upside guy, but not like Phil lindsay. More like chad kelly without the issues. I dont expect hell ever amount, but he could.

I'd say they won the trade but it's close. We had to ditch Tyson for a 2C and everyone knew it. They have him as a rental and likely wont be able to sign all their guys next year....its fair. It's pretty fair. I'd still have wanted more, but when both teams think the other side won, you know its close.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

5. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm just glad Kerfoot is gone and that we got more than a dry-erase board and markers for him in return.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:

Default Avalanche’s A.J. Greer arrested for alleged assault in New York City

A.J. Greer, who has played 37 games for the Avalanche since the 2015-16 NHL season, was arrested along with Columbus Blue Jackets forward Sonny Milano early Sunday morning in Manhattan, the New York Post reported.

Greer, 22, is a restricted free agent for the Avs, who selected the player early in the second round (39th overall) of the 2015 draft. Greer played 54 games for the Colorado Eagles of the American Hockey League and 15 with the parent club last season.

“We are aware of the allegations surrounding A.J. Greer,” Avalanche vice president Jean Martineau told The Denver Post. “We will not be commenting until the end of the investigation.”
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2019/07/0...new-york-city/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Eh. Whatever. The only Avs news I want to hear is that Mikko has signed a long-term contract.

We re-signed Graves which was great for us. He played really well when he had the chance. I am liking what I see from him.

MIkko will be done around September Sakic said. So a couple more months. It will get done no doubt. We still have to spend like 4 mil to hit the cap floor! So money wont be the problem. Just other shit they gotta get worked out first.

I am excited to see Francouz the goalie as gru backup. We have a super super super super young team. Plus, a lot of money to spend. We could be set for years and years if we keep doing this right. Just so glad to see the defense is finally looking to be good and taking shape!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Mike Chambers answered my question on the Denver Post mailbag article this morning. Kinda cool.

11. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We re-signed Graves which was great for us. He played really well when he had the chance. I am liking what I see from him.

MIkko will be done around September Sakic said. So a couple more months. It will get done no doubt. We still have to spend like 4 mil to hit the cap floor! So money wont be the problem. Just other shit they gotta get worked out first.

I am excited to see Francouz the goalie as gru backup. We have a super super super super young team. Plus, a lot of money to spend. We could be set for years and years if we keep doing this right. Just so glad to see the defense is finally looking to be good and taking shape!
    As of now, the Avs are $19M under the cap. Figuring on a $10M average for Mikko, that puts Colorado at $9M under with A LOT of young talent that will surely get big contracts. Not a whole hell of a lot of money to play with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    As of now, the Avs are $19M under the cap. Figuring on a $10M average for Mikko, that puts Colorado at $9M under with A LOT of young talent that will surely get big contracts. Not a whole hell of a lot of money to play with.
    Down to $16.5M in cap space after JT's contract, which after his playoff run last season is well-deserved.

14. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Analysis: Only a matter of time before Mikko Rantanen becomes Avs’ highest paid player

Mikko Rantanen and the Avalanche will remain married. It’s just a matter of time before the big Finn becomes Colorado’s top-paid player.

Rantanen, 22, is among the best of the best in a mighty fine class of restricted free agents that includes Toronto’s Mitch Marner, Tampa Bay’s Brayden Point, Calgary’s Matthew Tkachuk, Kyle Connor and Patrik Laine of Winnipeg, and Vancouver’s Brock Boeser. They each are in their early 20s and coming out of their entry-level contracts (ELC).

Because of their salary demands and their club’s lack of salary cap space, some might get traded, but Rantanen is not one of them.

Rantanen wants to remain an Av, and the franchise is willing to pay him more than 2018 Hart Trophy finalist and linemate Nathan MacKinnon — Colorado’s top-paid player with a $6.3 million annual cap hit.
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2019/07/2...-negotiations/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Sam Girard signs 7-year, $35 million contract extension with Avalanche

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/07/3...ion-avalanche/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

17. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

The Avs are going to be right at the salary cap when a deal for Mikko gets done.

The deal for Girard was insanely good. 5 per is great. Lets just hope he keeps up and keeps developing.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

20. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    The deal for Girard was insanely good. 5 per is great. Lets just hope he keeps up and keeps developing.
    I'd like to hear more about how the Avs are barely going to clear the salary cap floor.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information