Page 435 of 502 FirstFirst ... 335 385 425 433 434 435 436 437 445 485 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

This team is primed for a cup run, he better not sit back and do nothing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This team is primed for a cup run, he better not sit back and do nothing.
    Without knowing the extend of Landy's injury, if I'm Sakic, I look at the fact that the season is only a dozen games old and I sit back and wait it out. The asking price for Hall will be high, the Avs' second through fourth lines are solid and the defense plus goaltending is solid. Assuming they do trade for someone like Hall as a knee-jerk reaction to two thirds of the top line being out, where would you put Hall once Landy and Mikko come back? Would you really want Taylor Hall on this team long-term with likely having to part ways with a top prospect or high draft pick? I wouldn't. I'd ride it out if I was Sakic and that's what I expect him to do.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    where would you put Hall once Landy and Mikko come back.
    We were discussing this after my game last sat when just miko was out. Hall and miko and mack would be the best line hockey has ever seen possibly.

But to answer it, I think the only logical thing would be to toronto Kadri again. Hall centers the 2nd line and Nazim centers the 3rd, which would make us seriously one of the deepest teams out there. It would be insane, like when the avs loaded up back in the 90s.
    I am not saying we should do this and Kadri would hate it I am sure, but I think thats the only solution.

PS- Miko is signed- how are we doing cap wise? ( I have not looked )
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Going to the game tomorrow night with the fam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We were discussing this after my game last sat when just miko was out. Hall and miko and mack would be the best line hockey has ever seen possibly.

But to answer it, I think the only logical thing would be to toronto Kadri again. Hall centers the 2nd line and Nazim centers the 3rd, which would make us seriously one of the deepest teams out there. It would be insane, like when the avs loaded up back in the 90s.
    I am not saying we should do this and Kadri would hate it I am sure, but I think thats the only solution.

Pretty damn good, actually. Have about 8million in cap space currently, and most of our top guys locked up for several years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Pretty damn good, actually. Have about 8million in cap space currently, and most of our top guys locked up for several years.
    The numbers you're looking at on whatever website are without Mikko in the lineup. The NHL salary cap only counts players on the active roster and in uniform per game. That $8M in cap space is a misnomer.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/avalanche

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I don't think it's going to happen regardless. Like I said, I think Sakic will stay the course so to speak.

10. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Going to the game tomorrow night with the fam.
    Noice!

We will be there Friday. My gf (yeah I roped her in) has season tix.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Landeskog Out Indefinitely With Lower-Body Injury

https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/news/l...ry/c-310613378

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Without knowing the extend of Landy's injury, if I'm Sakic, I look at the fact that the season is only a dozen games old and I sit back and wait it out. The asking price for Hall will be high, the Avs' second through fourth lines are solid and the defense plus goaltending is solid. Assuming they do trade for someone like Hall as a knee-jerk reaction to two thirds of the top line being out, where would you put Hall once Landy and Mikko come back? Would you really want Taylor Hall on this team long-term with likely having to part ways with a top prospect or high draft pick? I wouldn't. I'd ride it out if I was Sakic and that's what I expect him to do.
    I am just a bit worried about the indefinite time table for Landy.

I don't think there will be a huge drop off on the top line if Kadri slips in so long as Mikko isn't out long but Jost is going to have to step it up on the second line if they do end up putting him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I am just a bit worried about the indefinite time table for Landy.

I don't think there will be a huge drop off on the top line if Kadri slips in so long as Mikko isn't out long but Jost is going to have to step it up on the second line if they do end up putting him there.
    I doubt we go after Taylor Hall but I would love it if we did!
    Its doubtful landy will be out more than a month. That is like 12 games max. We will be fine. Everyone misses time.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

16. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I doubt we go after Taylor Hall but I would love it if we did!
    Its doubtful landy will be out more than a month. That is like 12 games max. We will be fine. Everyone misses time.
    Yeah, silver lining, too. Forces lines (esp top) to adapt a bit--maybe find new chemistries you'd never know otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

The numbers you're looking at on whatever website are without Mikko in the lineup. The NHL salary cap only counts players on the active roster and in uniform per game. That $8M in cap space is a misnomer.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/avalanche
    Not sure what you mean here... the link you provided says about 8 million in cap space.

If it's a misnomer (I think you mean misleading?), then what is the accurate number?
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

What's defense like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Frustrating ending to that game.

At least there was this.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information