Page 335 of 502 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335 336 337 345 385 435 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

So who does Colorado trade to get some real talent?

Duchene is soft as hell and doesn't seem to be very skillfull with the puck.
    Landeskog looks like he's just a step slower than the entire flow of the game.
    I'm not sure what to think of MacKinnon. Kid is 19 so he's going to continue to get a lot better. He makes great plays with the puck but it amounts to jack shit throughout the game.

Does Sakic and Roy know that they have been outskated in all but 2 games this year?

Colorado just isn't very good this year. Not looking like a playoff team right now.

2. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    So who does Colorado trade to get some real talent?

Duchene is soft as hell and doesn't seem to be very skillfull with the puck.
    Landeskog looks like he's just a step slower than the entire flow of the game.
    I'm not sure what to think of MacKinnon. Kid is 19 so he's going to continue to get a lot better. He makes great plays with the puck but it amounts to jack shit throughout the game.

Does Sakic and Roy know that they have been outskated in all but 2 games this year?

Colorado just isn't very good this year. Not looking like a playoff team right now.
    I feel your pain. Dallas scores 3.5 goals per game...unfortunately, our pathetic defense and goaltending allow 3.6. Every game is like watching Baylor and TCU play football.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

So who does Colorado trade to get some real talent? Duchene is soft as hell and doesn't seem to be very skillfull with the puck. Landeskog looks like he's just a step slower than the entire flow of the game. I'm not sure what to think of MacKinnon. Kid is 19 so he's going to continue to get a lot better. He makes great plays with the puck but it amounts to jack shit throughout the game. Does Sakic and Roy know that they have been outskated in all but 2 games this year? Colorado just isn't very good this year. Not looking like a playoff team right now.
    Wut?

Landy is a power forward. He never has been fast. And Duchene is not soft. Far from it. He just isn't clicking right now. No one is. Mack is one of the most gifted skaters IN THE WORLD and when you put his ridiculous stick skills and vision with that it makes him one of the most dangerous players in the league. It's a long season. The Sharks are one of the best teams in hockey and Colorado hung with them last night. Varley is back to form without a doubt. There's a lot to build on. Will they get 110+ points? No. But they could still hit 100 and fight for a wild card berth.

Giving up on an 82 game season 10 games in is really soft.
    Last edited by SR; 10-29-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

5. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

If allowing 51 shots, and almost more in the first period then they are getting all game long is hangin with them, then it's no wonder they are one of the worst teams in the NFL at the moment.

The only thing soft here is how they place every single game. 2 games out of 10 they actually looked like the better team. At some point it is what it is - a team that isn't very good.
    Last edited by silkamilkamonico; 10-29-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Duchene is great against the boards and in traffic. He's tough to knock off the puck and has incredible stick skills. Mack will pick it up. Keep in mind he's only 19. This team is incredibly young and inexperienced. While I agree that they're not playing well right now I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the whole season. That would be very fair weathered.

As far as Landy goes, he's doing fine in my book. He's on pace for over 30 goals. He'll finish with 60+ points.

8. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

If allowing 51 shots, and almost more in the first period then they are getting all game long is hangin with them, then it's no wonder they are one of the worst teams in the NFL at the moment. The only thing soft here is how they place every single game. 2 games out of 10 they actually looked like the better team. At some point it is what it is - a team that isn't very good.
    Nice edit. NFL huh?

10. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Duchene is great against the boards and in traffic. He's tough to knock off the puck and has incredible stick skills. Mack will pick it up. Keep in mind he's only 19. This team is incredibly young and inexperienced. While I agree that they're not playing well right now I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the whole season. That would be very fair weathered.

As far as Landy goes, he's doing fine in my book. He's on pace for over 30 goals. He'll finish with 60+ points.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting throwing in the towel. But the consistently sloppy play (especially on the defensive side of the ice) and getting outworked has been troubling. Team just isn't playing very well together. This team just doesn't seem to have a leader right now.

Still think letting Stats go was a mistake.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't think anyone is suggesting throwing in the towel. But the consistently sloppy play (especially on the defensive side of the ice) and getting outworked has been troubling. Team just isn't playing very well together. This team just doesn't seem to have a leader right now. Still think letting Stats go was a mistake.
    Letting Stastny go was fine. He wasn't a leader. He was uninspiring. He had the best year of his career last year and he still is less than a PPG. Letting him go netted us Brad Stuart, Danny Briere, and Iginla. Adding those three guys and people still think letting Stastny go was a mistake? Right.

I think some people have a little unrealistic expectations for this team. Last year this team nearly as good as their record showed. Varley is this team's Peyton Manning. Without him we struggle.

You don't think his absence this season has anything to do with defensive chemistry? Or breakouts? I sure as hell do. I'm not saying that him being out is why this team hasn't played well, but I am saying it's a major contributor. This team lives and dies by their goaltender. Ten games in and people are already labeling the team and giving up on the season. It's laughable but sad at the same time...makes ya realize how fickle people are.

If this team doesn't have a leader right now, where were the questions about Landy's leadership last year when we had 113 points? I don't recall his leadership abilities being questioned in the playoffs. But now 10 games in to a season and there's no leader on the team. Ok.

13. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

We will be fine. last year we got a ton of points from OT and shootouts. This year we are not getting that extra few points. Matters not though. last year we started out a little slow and then finished really hot. I suspect we will get it going. We have a lot of new lines and new players. It will take some time.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Nice edit. NFL huh?
    I apologize - I was assuming you were smart enough to overlook my error considering we're debating in the local hockey teams forum.

I edited my post because I understand the thoughts on the 3 "boys" is a little ridiculous. My opnionated issue is how this team plays most of the time. They play sloppy, they don't work hard in the defensive zone, they play with no heart and get outworked the majority of every game with the exception of occasional windows in the period.

Losing isn't a big deal, The way these guys have been lose is, IMO. They got their f'n ass kicked into last year by Minnesota the first couple games. It looked like an NHL team vs a college team. Roy has said it himself that they have problems "competing". Are they entitled? How does a professional team just not compete?

I didn't think this team would be as good as last year. I also didn't think this team would go through almost every game getting their ass kicked the majority of the time, and "choosing" when they felt like playing.

Apparently, this team hasn't "clicked" yet. They sure don't work very hard the majority of the time to make it "click".

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

You were saying...

You were saying...
    Good game. Hope to see a lot more like that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Good game. Hope to see a lot more like that.
    All it takes is one game for things to get back on track.

The islanders are a good team this year and were averaging almost four goals per game. The Avs stonewalled them. Granted they still gave up 40 shots but Varley seems to do better facing 40+ shots in a game than 20.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Man. That MacKinnon kid stinks.

Does Colorado have anybody on the team that can score in a shootout?

I don't know I'm asking.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information