Page 474 of 502 FirstFirst ... 374 424 464 472 473 474 475 476 484 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

UR's backhoe company "when you really need to dig a hole!"
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I can't agree as one team won the Championship and the other lost. Can equate it to... Whatever you wanted? Injuries, coaching, whatever. They won.
    Thats the whole point amigo.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Negative sir.

The 2013 broncos was a better team than the 2015 broncos. That team was assembled better. What it lacked was a head coach and a defenisve coach and Mike Mccoy being stuck on his stupid 3 and 7, bubble screen. By all accounts the 2013 team was assembled much better. However, they will never Ever be regarded as the best broncos team. They are not even in the conversation. The first and most obvious reason why is because they did not win it all. You and I had this exact conversation where I even stated, clearly and directly, that they had to win it all to even be in the convo. Until then, they are just the 2013 broncos. Possibly the best team the broncos have assembled, but meaningless because they didnt win shit. No one ever said the 2013 broncos were the best broncos team ever. No one said the 21 avs were the best avs team ever. Again, as we already discussed!!! Several pages back! Its there to see!!

If that still does not click then I do not know what else to say. Feel free to put words in my mouth however, I am bored of this. Completely.
    The defense on the 2013 team was shit. They met a team with a potent offense and a dominant defense. The case against the 2013 team is easy when you consider that the best offense is a good defense. Now if you were to say that the 2013 Broncos offense was one of the best offenses in NFL history, which would also be synonymous with the best (or one of) Broncos' offense ever, I would be in total agreement.

The '21 Avs team hasn't hit the ice yet. More to follow.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Yes, it does depend on greatly if we win the cup this year or not. We have the team to do it. Which comes back to Joes question about us being a contender which we both agree we damn sure are. I think this is the best team I have seen from top to bottom. That will not come through until the year is over and we hoist the cup. If we do not, then obviously, they are not. I still maintain that this squad has the most talent at all positions across the board and top lines to bottom then I have seen before. To be in conversations with the cup team is pretty damn awesome. I do not know what the projections are for this team if we had a regular length season, but I bet it would be close to cup team. We have set or tied records from that team with wins, points, etc. And we will not have guys retiring at the end of this season like when we lost Borque and then blake and then fopa moved on (before he came back) and super joe.

We have the core for a while and enough cap space to keep our big guns when they are up next couple years.
    Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    The defense on the 2013 team was shit. They met a team with a potent offense and a dominant defense. The case against the 2013 team is easy when you consider that the best offense is a good defense. Now if you were to say that the 2013 Broncos offense was one of the best offenses in NFL history, which would also be synonymous with the best (or one of) Broncos' offense ever, I would be in total agreement.

The '21 Avs team hasn't hit the ice yet. More to follow.
    You know what I mean
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    UR's backhoe company "when you really need to dig a hole!"
    Seriously, not you too?

Ok fine. Lets go back and I will show you a-holes who is backtracking and digging the hole.

I think you're just looking at it from a knee-jerk emotional response and not considering the totality of it. I'm taking a statistical, historical approach to it and have yet to see any NHL pundits say that the 2020 Avs are one of the best teams ever assembled. I just don't see it. Yeah, Mack is one of the top three players in hockey right now, but if this team doesn't win a Cup this year I don't see this team as anything more than a good team that didn't win when it mattered.

Clearly SR knows we are talking about the team being built and NOT ANYWHERE SAYING THE BEST AVALANCHE TEAM EVARRRRR!!!11!!!111!!!!!!

Here was my response too:

Yes, it does depend on greatly if we win the cup this year or not. We have the team to do it. Which comes back to Joes question about us being a contender which we both agree we damn sure are. I think this is the best team I have seen from top to bottom. That will not come through until the year is over and we hoist the cup. If we do not, then obviously, they are not. I still maintain that this squad has the most talent at all positions across the board and top lines to bottom then I have seen before. To be in conversations with the cup team is pretty damn awesome. I do not know what the projections are for this team if we had a regular length season, but I bet it would be close to cup team. We have set or tied records from that team with wins, points, etc. And we will not have guys retiring at the end of this season like when we lost Borque and then blake and then fopa moved on (before he came back) and super joe.

We have the core for a while and enough cap space to keep our big guns when they are up next couple years.

Here I clearly state- without any dumbass interpretation or synonyms or anything else that they have tried to backpeddle with that if we Do Not Win The Cup This Year It Is Moot.

Again- no where, not once, with any stupid interpretation did I ever say what they are saying!

Furthermore, if anyone followed the conversation, which we know they did from quoted posts from the original, they can quite easily tell the context of the conversation and framework of which we are discussing. Now, anyone else fingers hurt? Hmmm. Didnt think so.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I can't agree as one team won the Championship and the other lost. Can equate it to... Whatever you wanted? Injuries, coaching, whatever. They won.
    Thats the whole point amigo.
    I need to understand ur. A re you saying den13 was better than den 15? Taht cannot be, as 15 win and 13 didn't.

The same can be said about the den96. The team probably was better than den97, but 97 won it and 96 didn't, so it cant be. That's how I think it.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

I need to understand ur. A re you saying den13 was better than den 15? Taht cannot be, as 15 win and 13 didn't.

The same can be said about the den96. The team probably was better than den97, but 97 won it and 96 didn't, so it cant be. That's how I think it.
    absolutely not.
    Any team that wins it all is the better team. The best team.

I am saying that the 2013 team had a top 3 offense and a top 3 defense. They could have been, maybe even should have been the best broncos team, but they were not. Assembly and talent, they might have been better that way. However, because they got bounced by baltimore (thanks John Fox and Rahim) they are not.

Just like the avs this year. They were assembled and had the talent, enough to enter the convo as this years team compared to the cup rosters. But this years team did not win shit. So they do not get to be in the conversation of best avs team. Just do not tell that to anyone else in this thread. It is still easier to make things up and ignore entire conversations that have transpired.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

absolutely not.

I am saying that the 2013 team had a top 3 offense and a top 3 defense. They could have been, maybe even should have been the best broncos team, but they were not. Assembly and talent, they might have been better that way. However, because they got bounced by baltimore (thanks John Fox and Rahim) they are not.

Just like the avs this year. They were assembled and had the talent, enough to enter the convo as this years team compared to the cup rosters. But this years team did not win shit. So they do not get to be in the conversation of best avs team. Just do not tell that to anyone else in this thread. It is still easier to make things up and ignore entire conversations that have transpired.
    Fox and injuries did them in. If Kubes were coach (you know the guy everyone hates around here), they woulda won.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Northman

Fox and injuries did them in. If Kubes were coach (you know the guy everyone hates around here), they woulda won.
    Cubes was never a good HC and rode a great defense to a SB win - as soon as that defense started to fall apart he was a losing HC again

Want proof? The 'offensive genius' tried to have PFM running bootlegs while installing his offense

But most Denver fans believe the guy is Jesus, so no, most people don't hate him
    Blitz your tits, bitch.

11. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Northman

absolutely not.

If I had to argue for your opposition here, I'd point out that you needed to type a lot to explain what you meant

If I had to argue for you, I would argue that 'best assembled' could be interpreted somewhat easily to mean 'best team on paper'

Since I am the Emperor of drawn out message board battles, I hereby request all parties have a ceasefire and move on

Lest I summon that which shall not be named!
    Blitz your tits, bitch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Seriously, not you too?

Ok fine. Lets go back and I will show you a-holes who is backtracking and digging the hole.

Clearly SR knows we are talking about the team being built and NOT ANYWHERE SAYING THE BEST AVALANCHE TEAM EVARRRRR!!!11!!!111!!!!!!

Here I clearly state- without any dumbass interpretation or synonyms or anything else that they have tried to backpeddle with that if we Do Not Win The Cup This Year It Is Moot.

Again- no where, not once, with any stupid interpretation did I ever say what they are saying!

Furthermore, if anyone followed the conversation, which we know they did from quoted posts from the original, they can quite easily tell the context of the conversation and framework of which we are discussing. Now, anyone else fingers hurt? Hmmm. Didnt think so.
    So what you're saying is "SR was right". That would've been a much shorter post.

14. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

absolutely not.

The 2013 Broncos team didn't lose to Baltimore in the playoffs. That was the 2012 team. The 2013 team lost to Seattle in the Super Bowl. By a lot.

16. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

So what you're saying is "SR was right". That would've been a much shorter post.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Seriously, not you too?

Exxon would like a word....something about a fracking well?
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Everyone: UR overstated a reasonable position.
    UR: But my reasonable position!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information