Page 338 of 502 FirstFirst ... 238 288 328 336 337 338 339 340 348 388 438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Nick Groke @nickgroke · 1h

On Semyon Varlamov's return, Roy said he expects him to play both games of a back-to-back at Calgary/Winnipeg on Thurs/Fri. #avs

Nick Groke @nickgroke · 2h

Nick Holden talks about his shift to forward for the #Avs. Patrick Roy explains his new lines: http://dpo.st/1pV0k3b

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Denver Post Fires Adrian Dater For Repeated Bad Social Media Behavior

http://deadspin.com/denver-post-fire...ial-1666447850

I am sure some of you have read Dater's articles on the Avalanche. In the link I posted, Dater wrote a lengthy statement about some of the things he is suffering from. It is worth reading.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Played good tonight against Calgary just couldn't finish again.

Just curious, it's actually my first year following the entire season instead of catching on during the end, so I am unfamiliar with the ebb and flow of the year. I know seaosn isn't even half over, and they are currently like 6-8 points out of the wildcard spot and there's a lot of season left and they have been playing much better the last 10 games or so. But what point of the season or how many points behind does it become sort of a panic situation where they could miss the playoffs?

Not talking about the Avalanche per say, but at what point of the season can teams that are kind of in the muck of the 5-14 teams start shaping for the playoffs?

Season is done. Team is just not very good. Make a play for McDavid so you can get some guys to come in and actually score. OReilly is stealing money from the organization. Organization has found another really good goaltender with Pickard. All my opinion ofcourse.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Was listening to the Avs pregame on the radio this week and they were talking about this already looking like a lost season. Especially with the prospect of Varly going on IR. They were also saying that the team can't continue taking forwards every year - obviously McDavid might be the exception, but at some point they'll need to figure out how to solidify the blue line.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    http://deadspin.com/denver-post-fire...ial-1666447850

I am sure some of you have read Dater's articles on the Avalanche. In the link I posted, Dater wrote a lengthy statement about some of the things he is suffering from. It is worth reading.
    Wasn't really surprised Dater got canned. He was just completely unlikable on twitter, and has seemed like a bitter and depressed person for years. That said, I always thought he was a really talented hockey writer. Tough spot for him.

Adopted Bronco:

I have a question - based on the difference between the Avs this year, vs last year, does any one feel a contributing factor this year is the loss of Paul Stastny?

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Jamie McGinn undergoes back surgery, likely will miss rest of Avalanche season

Jamie McGinn, the Avalanche's veteran forward, underwent successful back surgery, but will likely miss the rest of the NHL season, Colorado coach Patrick Roy said Thursday.

McGinn, who signed a two-year, $5.9 million contract extension with the Avs in June, had four goals and two assists in the early going this season, but injured his back in a game Nov. 15 against the Devils in New Jersey.

"It went really well," Roy said of McGinn's surgery. "But I would not be surprised if he's out for the season."
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...kely-will-miss

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

I'm not sure if it comes from the defensive side, but Colorado needs players that can maintain puck possession. Everything the seem to do offensively is in flashes. They have no control of the puck throughout the flow of the game. Just IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Was listening to the Avs pregame on the radio this week and they were talking about this already looking like a lost season. Especially with the prospect of Varly going on IR. They were also saying that the team can't continue taking forwards every year - obviously McDavid might be the exception, but at some point they'll need to figure out how to solidify the blue line.
    Yea I don't know I obviously don't know what it takes to build a team, and it would be ncie to have a defensive stud in the defensive zone although those are very hard to come by, but for as stacked as this team is on forwards, they can't f'n score to save their lives.

Consdiering how bad they are on the power play, they could play a whole game like that and probably lose some. As I watch tonight against Winnipeg they are 0 for 4 on the power play and have 3 shots. They have more power plays then shots on net during the power play, it's just sad.

Avs are somewhere in the 20-25 range in goals per game. I have watched every game this season (just love this hockey shit), they have to be dead last if not close on power plays, they have close to the least points in the NHL in their top 6, and I bet in 75%+ of there games this season they have not been the better team throughout the game. I understand where there strengths re skillwise but if you look at this on paper you're seeing a team that really needs help scoring, and I'm not sure how a defender is going to help their top 6 start scoring.

*and just like that Avs score 2 in the 3rd to tie. Let's go!

Really good come from behind win boys. Pickard really is a gem!

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

It was nice to see the team play a good solid game. Enjoyed watching it tonight. Nice that they had a lead so all lines got some good time in.

The kid Pickard has been amazing....hope they have a strong game tomorrow too....
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

This is ending up being a nail biter.....Pickard is something special....the kid has done some crazy saves today....

So happy EJ is having some strong games.
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Loving this shoot out.....come on Calvin....one more!!!!
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Dang IT!!!!!
    Getting Stoked

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information