Page 368 of 502 FirstFirst ... 268 318 358 366 367 368 369 370 378 418 468 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Former Avalanche winger Marek Svatos dies at 34 in Lone Tree

Former Colorado Avalanche winger Marek Svatos, 34, died early Saturday in Lone Tree.

Svatos’ death first was reported by Slovakian journalist and author David Puchovsky, who is president of the Avalanche’s European fan club, Eurolanche.

Lone Tree police responded to Svatos’ home on Bluffmont Street after a family member called shortly after midnight for medical aid, Sgt. Ryan Gallegos said Sunday. He didn’t divulge details of the call.

Svatos was from Kosice, Slovakia, and was living in the Denver area with his wife, Diana, whom he met while playing with the Avalanche, and two children.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/06...lanche-winger/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Holy hell we suck!
    Like we are sooooooo bad
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Hawks just had a pregame ceremony for the Cubs, kinda cool

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Avalanche ship Cody McLeod to Nashville for AHL center Felix Girard

The Avalanche Friday morning traded its longest-tenured player, winger Cody McLeod, to the Nashville Predators for center Felix Girard.

Girard, 22, is in his third season with the Milwaukee Admirals of the AHL and will join the Avalanche’s affiliate in the same league, the San Antonio Rampage. He was Nashville’s fourth-round pick in 2013 and had 45 goals in four seasons of major junior with Baie-Comeau. Listed at 5-foot-11 and 196 pounds, he has 12 goals and 38 points in 172 games with the Admirals.

McLeod is under contract through next season, at a cap hit of $1.33 million, and the Avalanche will retain 40 percent of his salary as part of the deal. A frequent healthy scratch with the Avalanche this season, he has one goal and no assists in 28 games, with a team-high 52 penalty minutes after he fought Anaheim’s Joseph Cramarossa in the second period of Colorado’s 4-1 loss to the Ducks Thursday night. His 12 fighting majors last season led the NHL, and has eight this season.

Avalanche general manager Joe Sakic said he first spoke with McLeod about possibly being moved last week, and noted that the Predators had expressed interest. Sakic said he ran going to Nashville past McLeod before concluding the deal Friday morning. He said McLeod had told him a trade with Nashville would be fine with him, but that McLeod didn’t know Thursday that the game against Anaheim would be his last for Colorado.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/13...-to-nashville/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Tell me about this fellow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Tell me about this fellow.
    Cody was our enforcer. A really good guy and seem to get along really well with the team. Didn't have the most talent but with hard work stayed on our team a lot longer than most would have guessed....I'll miss him.
    Getting Stoked

7. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Cody was our enforcer. A really good guy and seem to get along really well with the team. Didn't have the most talent but with hard work stayed on our team a lot longer than most would have guessed....I'll miss him.
    Everyone knew Nashville would do something. Not sure exactly what they need. I can't believe Johansen and Forsberg aren't scoring. I'm almost surprised they didn't get a defenseman with Josi and Subban on the IR. But that's short term.

Wow. I like the guy already. Against his old team he only had 10 mins but got 1 goal, 1 fight, 1 hit, 1 block, and the highest +/- on the team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Wow. I like the guy already. Against his old team he only had 10 mins but got 1 goal, 1 fight, 1 hit, 1 block, and the highest +/- on the team.
    He's a good kid and now he probably wants to prove even more.... Be good to him.
    Getting Stoked

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Vic Lombardi noted this on twitter and I thought it was cool how Jerome Iginla kind of did McCloud a solid by fighting him and letting him ingratiate himself to his new teammates. Which is one of those things that makes hockey cool - Imma fight you to show my respect for you.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Vic Lombardi noted this on twitter and I thought it was cool how Jerome Iginla kind of did McCloud a solid by fighting him and letting him ingratiate himself to his new teammates. Which is one of those things that makes hockey cool - Imma fight you to show my respect for you.
    I agree. If they weren't former teammates that fight probably doesn't happen and the Preds probably don't win that game. I missed the game and couldn't tell why the fight happened. Then I listened to McLeod on the radio and he basically said what you said. He was looking for a fight and Iginla obliged.

I want a Cody McLeod jersey.

Kane op! Kane op! Kane op! Kane op!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Former Avalanche assistant Tim Army not surprised he was let go

Departing Avalanche assistant coach Tim Army, who has been with the team for six seasons under three head coaches, said Wednesday night he wasn’t surprised when general manager Joe Sakic told him Tuesday that the team wasn’t exercising the club option for the second year of the two-year contract he signed in 2016.

“I honestly expected something would happen, based on the year that we had,” Army said from his off-season home near Portland, Maine. “You have to make some changes. I get it. But even though you expect it, it still stings and it still hurts and it’s disappointing. But when you win 22 games, something has to happen and I understand that part of the sport. … I’ll be angry at some point, but right now it’s too new.”

Coming off a 22-56-4 season, the worst in the NHL since the expansion Atlanta Thrashers in 1999-2000, the Avalanche announced Tuesday that three assistants — Army, Dave Farrish and goaltending guru Francois Allaire — wouldn’t return to head coach Jared Bednar‘s staff next season. Farrish is believed to have one year remaining on a three-year deal.

All three were holdovers from Patrick Roy‘s staff, under contract and remaining with the Avalanche after Roy’s sudden departure last August. The Avalanche said Sakic wouldn’t comment on the changes until replacements were hired, and Bednar wasn’t made available to discuss them, either.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/24...che-assistant/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Thoughts on Duchene? I'm seeing Columbus and Nashville are in the lead for him.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information