Page 1 of 502 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Default THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

The season is fast approaching and since I won't be at BM much Im starting this over here too.

This thread is for all things Colorado Avalanche and the NHL as it pertains to the Colorado Avalanche.

If I'm the only one that posts in this thread, fine, so be it. I like talking to myself.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

2. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    The season is fast approaching and since I won't be at BM much Im starting this over here too.

This thread is for all things Colorado Avalanche and the NHL as it pertains to the Colorado Avalanche.

If I'm the only one that posts in this thread, fine, so be it. I like talking to myself.
    I will post here as I think Sakic is one of the most classy people of all time

hope the Avs have a great year and play my Canes in the finals

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Just checking in. I can feel the chill already!
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm possibly deploying again in October, but if I don't, time for me to buckle down and hook up NHL Center Ice again. I'll pay the late comers fee! I don't even care! It's worth it to watch Sakic, Smyth, Hejduk, Wolski, Stastny, ETC ETC ETC.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

I can't wait, the Pepsi Center is going to be busy this year and full of excitment with the Avs and Nuggets! I wish I could make it to Denver.

Avalanche Announces 2007 Training Camp
    Colorado Avalanche Aug 30, 2007, 1:45 PM EDT The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club will begin its 2007 training camp on September 13, with 30 veteran players reporting for medical and physical tests. Players selected from the Avalanche rookie camp that runs September 8-11, will join the veterans on ice the following day.

The club will hold workouts from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on September 14 and 15 at South Suburban Family Sports Center located at Arapahoe Road and Peoria Street in Centennial. All scrimmages and practice sessions are open to the public at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis.

“I am anticipating a very competitive camp,” said Avalanche Executive Vice President & General Manager Francois Giguere. “Our entire organization is eager to get started and the coaches are looking forward to some high-energy workouts with a great deal of competition.”

The Avalanche will hold its annual Burgundy/White Game on Sunday, September 16 at Cadet Ice Arena at the Air Force Academy beginning at 11:00 a.m., with proceeds benefiting military families as well as youth hockey initiatives of the Colorado Avalanche. The Avalanche exhibition slate begins Monday, September 17 against the Phoenix Coyotes in Phoenix, the first of six preseason games before the club’s season opener on October 3 vs. the Dallas Stars at Pepsi Center.

Following is the Colorado Avalanche 2007 pre-season schedule and veteran training camp roster:

EXHIBITION SCHEDULE (Mountain time)
    September 16 Burgundy/White Game (Air Force Academy) 11:00 a.m.
    September 17 Colorado at Phoenix (Glendale Arena) 8:00 pm
    September 19 Colorado vs. Los Angeles (Pepsi Center) 7:00 pm
    September 20 Colorado at Dallas (American Airlines Center) 6:30 pm
    September 22 Colorado at Los Angeles (Las Vegas, NV) TBD
    September 25 Colorado vs. Dallas (Pepsi Center) 7:00 pm
    September 29 Colorado vs. Phoenix (Pepsi Center) 7:00 pm

2007 Avalanche Veteran Training Camp Roster
    Forwards (18) Pos
    Tyler Arnason C
    Andrew Brunette LW
    Ben Guite RW
    Eric Healey LW
    Milan Hejduk RW
    Jaroslav Hlinka C
    Matt Hussey C
    Ian Laperriere RW
    Cody McCormick C/RW
    Scott Parker RW
    Brad Richardson C
    Mark Rycroft RW
    Joe Sakic C
    Wyatt Smith C
    Ryan Smyth LW
    Paul Stastny C
    Marek Svatos RW
    Wojtek Wolski LW

Defensemen (10)
    Johnny Boychuk
    Brett Clark
    Jeff Finger
    Scott Hannan
    Jeff Jillson
    Jordan Leopold
    John-Michael Liles
    Dale Purinton
    Kurt Sauer
    Karlis Skrastins

Goaltenders (2)
    Peter Budaj
    Jose Theodore
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Since I'll be in AZ from the 14th-23rd I think it's a safe bet to say that I'll be at the Avs/Coyotes on the 17th. I'll get a good look at some of our young talent.

Good luck to the Avs this year. I feel a great season coming.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    Good luck to the Avs this year. I feel a great season coming.
    You and me both! I can't wait to see the mullet brothers out there!

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

By the way pre season hockey is under way.

http://http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl...ott&id=3011999
    Colorado Avalanche: The Avalanche missed the playoffs for the first time since 1994, but given the way they finished up the regular season, chasing the Calgary Flames to the final days of the schedule, don't expect them to make a habit of it. A promising crop of youngsters, including Wojtek Wolski and Calder Trophy finalist Paul Stastny, combined with veteran free-agent acquisitions Ryan Smyth and Scott Hannan, makes the Avs one of the more interesting teams to watch this season. There's still the issue of former Hart and Vezina Trophy winner Jose Theodore, who will earn $6 million to serve as the Avs backup behind Peter Budaj. But there might be a market for Theodore, whose contract is up at the end of the coming season as the trade deadline approaches, if the Avs are lucky.

Dearly departed: Patrice Brisebois, Pierre Turgeon, Antti Laaksonen, Ossi Vaananen, Ken Klee.
    Joyously welcomed: Ryan Smyth, Scott Hannan.

Burning questions
    • Will 100-point man Joe Sakic, who turned 38 this offseason, ever start to act his age?
    • Can Jordan Leopold, who played only 15 games last season, return to form as an elite defenseman?
    • How long will it take Avs fans to fall completely in love with mullet man Smyth and his mullet sidekick Scott Hannan?
    • What does Stastny do as a follow-up to his 78-point performance and NHL rookie record 20-game points streak?

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Had my AV's hat on today.

Can't wait for this season.

i didnt realize we got rid of oz, oh well hannan is better anyway.

i just wish they would air the preseason games. Pisses me off so much.

from what i have heard, if/when peter clears himself to play- he will come here. barring we dont pick up or make any other trades limmiting our space/cap until then
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    i didnt realize we got rid of oz, oh well hannan is better anyway.

i just wish they would air the preseason games. Pisses me off so much.

from what i have heard, if/when peter clears himself to play- he will come here. barring we dont pick up or make any other trades limmiting our space/cap until then

Serious???

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Serious???
    YEAH, if when. a guy i play hockey with, one of my best friends actually, told me that.

he is a die hard hockey fan. like no other. i dont know who he talked to to get that info, but so far everything he has told me has been pretty accurate. i think he talked to joel quinnevile. not sure. i will ask him next time i talk to him. to be sure.

LETS FREAKING HOPE SO!!

although someone made a good point, if when we do sign fopa, that might potentially move stasny to 3rd line, which would not be good. but that is a predicament i would like us to have.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Since I'll be in AZ from the 14th-23rd I think it's a safe bet to say that I'll be at the Avs/Coyotes on the 17th. I'll get a good look at some of our young talent.
    Who do you root for? I am a coyotes fan also an avs fan aswell. Even though i don't really watch most of their games, i do peek in every once and a while and peek the standings every week.

Sid the Kid > Everyone in the NHL.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information