Page 332 of 502 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 330 331 332 333 334 342 382 432 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Avalanche faces different challenge, expectations this season

Less than a month shy of its preseason opener, the Avalanche is feeling stronger than it was a year ago. The toughness and depth gaps between the Avs and the Los Angeles Kings, defending Stanley Cup champions, along with the Western Conference giant Anaheim Ducks, seem to have diminished.

Executive vice president of hockey operations Joe Sakic, defensive assistant coach Adam Foote and newly signed right winger Jarome Iginla recently spoke about the improvements while trying to maintain their excitement about defending their Central Division title and making another step in the playoffs.

"Last year we were dealing with trying to win back the trust within the community and belief in the team, and this year is a different challenge," Sakic said. "We did so well last year, but (now) it's to improve and get to the next step, and obviously the next step is not to just make the playoffs — it's to improve in the playoffs."
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...ns-this-season

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Former Avs defenseman Cory Sarich details horrific bike accident

Hockey-tough Cory Sarich is living proof that you can get run over by the wheel of a three-quarter ton truck and walk away. But the former Avalanche defenseman, will never bike again. He has kept his splintered cycling helmet for teaching purposes, but ordered officials to get rid of the the rest of his biking gear that was shredded like his skin.

Sarich, 36, is lucky to be alive after he collided with a Ford F-350 truck driven by an elderly man on July 22 near his lake house outside Invermere, British Columbia. He sustained five broken vertebra, massive road rash and a deep head wound after crashing into the truck driven by an 85-year-old man who turned left in front of Sarich. The right rear wheel of the truck ran over Sarich's torso, with his stomach against the pavement, and one of his wrists was burned by the vehicle's tailpipe. Shockingly, Sarich stood up after the accident before being rushed to Invermere Hospital, then airlifted to a hospital in Calgary. Two weeks ago he was treated for a staph infection in his elbow, but he is otherwise doing well, considering all he's gone through.

"Had I been on my back and the truck goes over my front with ribs and vital organs, maybe a different story," Sarich said. "Your lumbar spine, and thoracic spine, is so strong. And the fact that it was his rear tire, they said — like if it's the front side with an engine — could be a completely different story. Someone was looking out for me and I'm very thankful."
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...-horrific-bike

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Avalanche Signs Tyson Barrie

The Colorado Avalanche announced today that the team has signed defenseman Tyson Barrie to a two-year contract through the 2015-16 season.

"Tyson is a big part of the young nucleus of our team," said Avalanche Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations Joe Sakic. "He is a gifted young defenseman who brings a lot of offense. We are pleased to have him under contract and look forward to his contribution this upcoming season.”

Barrie, 23, led all Colorado defensemen with 13 goals this past season, the most by an Avs blueliner since 2006-07 (John-Michael Liles - 14). Barrie finished second among Avalanche defensemen in both points (38) and assists (25) while appearing in 64 games.
    rest - http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=729603

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

hows barrie doing with his knee recovery?

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    hows barrie doing with his knee recovery?

Im pretty sure he is fine, but I just sent a text for info....We'll find out soon enough.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Nope, berrie has not been out there practicing with the guys yet. Maybe because of lack of contract or maybe rehabbing. I think its contract.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Nope, berrie has not been out there practicing with the guys yet. Maybe because of lack of contract or maybe rehabbing. I think its contract.
    so in other words, maybe he's okay, and maybe he's not. . . cool, got it-- thanks for the update, jerk. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    so in other words, maybe he's okay, and maybe he's not. . . cool, got it-- thanks for the update, jerk. . .

Well captain too cool to show up tomorrow night and have some drinks w joe, the russian, Spider-Man and I, I just asked if berrie had been out shooting with the guys and he said no.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:

Well captain too cool to show up tomorrow night and have some drinks w joe, the russian, Spider-Man and I, I just asked if berrie had been out shooting with the guys and he said no.
    i don't remember being invited?

i think i'm gonna go drink with a couple peeps from work, but at least let me know where you're gonna be. . . is spidey spiker?

i don't remember being invited?

i think i'm gonna go drink with a couple peeps from work, but at least let me know where you're gonna be. . . is spidey spiker?
    Ha, lol, yes spikerman....that's a good autocorrect.
    There's an entire thread about it. We are meeting at platte river bar and grill 7-8ish. Spikerman is going to let us know which time exactly tomorrow morning. P, is in Wisconsin. Pudge can't make tomorrow night.

No word from buff or any other locals.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:

Ha, lol, yes spikerman....that's a good autocorrect.
    There's an entire thread about it. We are meeting at platte river bar and grill 7-8ish. Spikerman is going to let us know which time exactly tomorrow morning. P, is in Wisconsin. Pudge can't make tomorrow night.

No word from buff or any other locals.
    i just googled it-- looks like that shit is about halfway to the springs. . .

no way i'm driving that far to have drinks. . . why don't you guys ever meet up IN denver?

What? No. It's Santa Fe and bellview. 15 min from the stadium. Can't be more than 20 min from anywhere downtown. It's closer to you then training camp.

I think you googled the wrong place.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:

What? No. It's Santa Fe and bellview. 15 min from the stadium. Can't be more than 20 min from anywhere downtown. It's closer to you then training camp.

I think you googled the wrong place.
    lol. . . 20 minutes from downtown is half an hour from where i live. . . too far to drive and drink. . .

lol. . . 20 minutes from downtown is half an hour from where i live. . . too far to drive and drink. . .

Poor baby. If you're worried you can crash at my condo. Its a mile from that place
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Avalanche veterans report; Bordeleau out three months

Patrick Roy had to make a list. The Avalanche coach couldn't keep track of all his team's injuries from memory. And training camp hasn't even begun.

At his news conference Thursday, Roy disclosed fourth-line forward/enforcer Patrick Bordeleau underwent offseason back surgery and will miss approximately three months of the season. In addition, winger Jamie McGinn has a back injury and could miss part of training camp, which starts Friday. Center John Mitchell is experiencing migraines and also could miss time.

Avalanche veterans reported to the Pepsi Center on Thursday for physicals.

Minor and undisclosed injuries to wingers Gabe Landeskog, Max Talbot and Ryan O'Reilly and defenseman Jan Hejda could prevent them from participating in the weekend training camp that concludes with Sunday's Burgundy/White intrasquad scrimmage at Magness Arena. However, Landeskog, Talbot, O'Reilly and Mitchell skated Wednesday in a captain's practice and scrimmage, so if they miss portions of training camp it likely will be for precautionary reasons.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/...t-three-months

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information