Page 274 of 502 FirstFirst ... 174 224 264 272 273 274 275 276 284 324 374 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 7520

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I still don't understand why that is a reason for a coach to lose his mind in front of his players and the fans. And I definitely dont want to hear the "he's old school" debate because old school, he would have waited til after the game and got the guy he wanted either under the stands or outside. What he did was bush league, there is no valid argument to defend it. If Belichick did that on Sunday you guys would be going ape shit lol
    Because Joel Quenneville has never had a tantrum on the sidelines ever...

Give me a break. Shit happens. He hit a pane of glass he probably expected to be like every other pane around the rink and he knocked it over. The reason he did it was the Ducks are classless. But all the focus is on him? Weak sauce.

I'm shocked that in the hockey world, where hot heads are a dime a dozen that anyone gives a shit.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Mo, if it wasn't a big deal why was he fined 10k? Obviously he ****** up to deserve the fine, right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Mo, if it wasn't a big deal why was he fined 10k? Obviously he ****** up to deserve the fine, right?
    Quenneville has been fined at least four times in four years for 10 large...so, after I learned that...meh.

Makes your little tirade seem even dumber.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Because Joel Quenneville has never had a tantrum on the sidelines ever...

Give me a break. Shit happens. He hit a pane of glass he probably expected to be like every other pane around the rink and he knocked it over. The reason he did it was the Ducks are classless. But all the focus is on him? Weak sauce.

I'm shocked that in the hockey world, where hot heads are a dime a dozen that anyone gives a shit.
    honestly Mo, I dont give a shit... it doesn't mean I dont think it's bush league though. I'm just saying that if it becomes a habit, he won't be around very long. Guys like that get tossed pretty quick. Cherry, Schonfeld, and Nolan all had short stays as coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

honestly Mo, I dont give a shit... it doesn't mean I dont think it's bush league though. I'm just saying that if it becomes a habit, he won't be around very long. Guys like that get tossed pretty quick. Cherry, Schonfeld, and Nolan all had short stays as coach.
    What the Ducks did was even more "bush league" so, meh...

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

What the Ducks did was even more "bush league" so, meh...
    I will say this, the Ducks are going to be horrible this season. Their new coach is horrible.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I agree he doesn't (and certainly won't) do that every game, but I had no issue with what he did...and certainly not disagreeing with ya, Weaz...

The Ducks overall are crybaby's and have no room to call anyone else classless before they check their own shit first...Boudreau is a well known whiner and loud mouth (I think I posted that earlier)...the Duck-fags STARTED the trash talk to begin with...and if anyone needs to get a 'bush-league' label it was Lovejoy and his knee-knee on the kid (Mack)...

...I think that was totally calculated by Roy - for reasons that I'm okay with.

JMO though...

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

SR, if I was a fan of the Avalanche I would be as stoked as you. Especially in light of Colorado's record the last couple years along with the fire that Patrick Roy ignited yesterday.

I understand that. That's a great start for the AV's.

I'm just saying the anger and hostility your coach displayed in Game 1 needs to be controlled right now. Because it won't play in the NHL long term.

And by long-term I mean one month.

And yet you still don't comprehend the concept of action and reaction or cause and effect.

13. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I still don't understand why that is a reason for a coach to lose his mind in front of his players and the fans. And I definitely dont want to hear the "he's old school" debate because old school, he would have waited til after the game and got the guy he wanted either under the stands or outside. What he did was bush league, there is no valid argument to defend it. If Belichick did that on Sunday you guys would be going ape shit lol
    No one said anything about "old school". Patrick Roy is Patrick Roy. If BB did that I'd just laugh. He's already a cocky ****** as it is. I'd be shocked though because he's about as bland of a person as there is.

15. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

He absolutely deserves a fine. No one is debating that. But it's a small fine. Ten grand is a slap on the wrist. If that partition doesn't fall over, Patty doesn't get fined...I guarantee it.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Say "bush league" again because I don't think you've said it enough.

19. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Say "bush league" again because I don't think you've said it enough.
    for a bunch of people that dont follow hockey you guys are getting pretty worked up!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

for a bunch of people that dont follow hockey you guys are getting pretty worked up!
    I didn't say I didn't follow hockey. I said I didn't follow it as closely as I did 10 years ago. As far as SR goes, you're wrong.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I didn't say I didn't follow hockey. I said I didn't follow it as closely as I did 10 years ago. As far as SR goes, you're wrong.
    I was just bugging him for the "bush league" comment

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

At the time no one knew how hurt Mac was. For the record Patty knew this:

Curtis Glencross season was ended prematurely by a knee injury after Anaheim's Ben Lovejoy stuck his leg out to cause a knee-on-knee collision. The injury forced Glencross out of the team's final four games of the season. from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Glencross

Patty did not do what he did because Perry was smarting off being a brat. It's because of the cheap shot with no penalty that was done to the 18 year old that on the ice for real for the very first time.

For the record I am a major hockey fan, with the Avs being in my blood. I don't post that much because of my busy schedule. The Broncos are 1A in my heart and the Avs 1B. Didn't grow up with it, but after seeing my first game I was in it hook, line and sinker....plus I've had the honor to get to know a few of the boys and they totally sealed the deal for me.....
    Getting Stoked

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information