Page 5 of 502 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Maybe Budaj hasn't been as solid this year for (IMO) the fact that he has been splitting time with a has-been (or never-was, haven't figured it out yet) and hasn't had time to get in to a groove. Goaltending is like every other position. If you're only playing every other game, there is no way you will ever settle in to a groove. Also, I think his confidence is down because of splitting time with Jose. Budaj won 30 games last year. His reward? Splitting time with a goalie who is only playing because of a stubborn GM trying to get his money's worth.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

If this is true, Crawford needs to go to prison!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...9aad37&k=64401

Crawford directed Moore hit: report
    Nonis confirmed threat
    Published: Thursday, December 06, 2007

Todd Bertuzzi might have been following the directives of former Vancouver Canucks head coach Marc Crawford when he broke the neck of Colorado Avalanche rookie Steve Moore in 2004, according to a report on CBC Wednesday night.

In court documents obtained by CBC, it's alleged that Crawford told his players "[Moore] must pay the price" after pointing to Moore's name and number on a board in the dressing room. The documents indicate that both Bertuzzi and Canucks current general manager Dave Nonis confirmed Crawford made the threat. Nonis was the director of hockey operations at the time of the incident.

Bertuzzi went after Moore on March 8, 2004, jumping him from behind and driving his head hard onto the ice. Moore suffered a severe concussion and three broken vertebrae in his neck. He has not played in the NHL since.

The attack was considered retribution after Moore hit Vancouver Canucks winger Markus Naslund in the head on Feb. 16, 2004, knocking the Canucks captain unconscious. Crawford was critical of Moore's hit on Naslund, telling reporters after the Feb. 16 game it was "a cheap shot by a young kid on a captain, a leading scorer in the league, and we get no call? That is ridiculous."

The former Canucks coach was accused of smirking after Bertuzzi attacked Moore a month later, but wasn't punished by the NHL.

Bertuzzi was suspended for the remainder of the 2003-04 season and was reinstated by the league at the beginning of the 2005-06 season.

Moore has launched two lawsuits against Bertuzzi. The first one, filed in U.S. court, was thrown out of court over jurisdictional issues. A subsequent lawsuit was filed in Canada and is still before the courts. Moore was originally seeking $19.5 million in lost income and damages, but CBC now indicates he has upped that amount to $38 million.

© CanWest News Service 2007

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

I'm with you DN(C), the whole thing still makes me sick. I really hope Moore wins his lawsuit and I usually hate those things.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I sincerely doubt Crawford meant for Bertuzzi to break Moores neck.

But Crawford is has been a doosh since he left Colorado, anybody who has seen his teams defend Forsberg knows what I mean.

Which makes his indignant response to Naslunds injury a complete joke......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

How many years ago was this? And we're still talking about it? Giminy Christmas.

Right now, I'm more concerned about the Avs' problems RIGHT NOW.

Adopted Bronco:
    ex-Bronco-Craig Morton

Default Let's Go Pens!

Oh boy oh boy-now my Pens are getting hot-2 Western road wins...gotta keep it going now, boys!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

This is an "Avalanche" thread. The Avs beat the Pens this year, 3-2, so go take your Pens crap to the NHL thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    ex-Bronco-Craig Morton

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    This is an "Avalanche" thread. The Avs beat the Pens this year, 3-2, so go take your Pens crap to the NHL thread.
    Yes, you're correct; in my "haste" I hit the wrong thread-sorry. Guess that's a result of working too much overtime and trying to "sneak" onto the internet while at work!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Fan View Post
    Yes, you're correct; in my "haste" I hit the wrong thread-sorry. Guess that's a result of working too much overtime and trying to "sneak" onto the internet while at work!!
    LOL! It's ok. I was just teasing you anyhow. My being defensive isn't literal.

Adopted Bronco:
    ex-Bronco-Craig Morton

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    LOL! It's ok. I was just teasing you anyhow. My being defensive isn't literal.
    No problem..guess I'm also still half-asleep...

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Philly tonight.

It was so hard watching the Avs fall apart in the 3rd against the Blue Jackets, only the 3rd time we have lost to them in 21 games and the first time they beat us in their place. 4 goals in the 3rd for the Blue Jackets, defnese fell asleep and Budja was facing a shooting gallery.

Sakic has missed 3 games with a groin injury, Stat has cooled down a bit, and overall the team has yet to find a true identity. Saur went on IR and he was playing the best defense on the team. Offense goes on streatches were they just can not score and the poer play has been horrid.

Divsion games will be big, Symth, Stats, Milan, someone is going to have to step up and be that guy. They just need to keep getting the puck into the offensive zone, getting shots on net, and limit the times they have defensive brian farts.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Stastny has NOT cooled down at all! Through 27 games he has 33 points. In the past eight games he has 11 points. That's not bad at all. He's on pace for 100 points. Don't know how that's cooled down...

Here is an article by Terry Frei, whom I can't f-ing stand, but it's worth the read I guess.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...rry&id=3144545

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Stats has been getting points, I guess I meant he is not dominating. No doubt he has been performing the best out of any one on the team. He is on the verge of being that guy, like Zetterberg etc.

That artical pretty much sums it up. Budja or Jose is going to have to grab the number one spot. If the Avs get through the injuries they should be ok, like I said before, they bring their defense up a notch. Really a big thing is the power play, they are not getting those goals.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I had no idea Hannan wasn't playing very well. Ryan Smyth is putting up good numbers as of late. I think some people expected a lot more than they should after he got off to that start last season. He's a great compliment to Sakic though.

The first post on this page sums up what I think about the goalie situation. Q needs to play the best goalie (Budaj) and let him win games. Quit this rotational BS.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Hannan, IMO, he has been ok, but not a game changer like all thought he would be after that contract. He is -15 on the season, he is usually up agianst the other teams top line.

Saur was +10 and playing really well, Finger has been solid (great strength). Clark has been very incosistent, Skras battleing injury only been beack a couple weeks, and of course Leopold can not keep his wrist from getting hurt.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information