Page 4 of 502 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

that svatos shootout goal was just sweet, actually so was wojteks, you just dont get any prettier than that.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

It almost looked like Svatos got a little lucky as the puck fluttered a bit and went right over Dwayne. Playing hard and not giving up, after a 3-2 first period by EDM, no goals in the sencond and Lappy comes up with the tieing goal his second of the game in the 3rd. Overtime both goalies hung in their, and EDM could not hang in the shootout.

Is big to start off good in the division. Liking what I am seeing, Symth, Sakic, Lappy, Gutie, Stats, Liles, Hannan, etc, these guys go 110% every shift and I love the no quite attitude that this team has. Defense continues to improvw as it has the Avs could make it interesting. And you know Joe is going to get in a grove soon. The PP is also going to have to score, as the season goes on if that gets going and they pick up 1-2 PP goals a game or capitalize on the opportunites with the man advantage it will make things that much more easier for them. NHL is never an easy game now a days, makes for a heck of a season.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Here is latest AVS news for SR

http://www.9news.com/sports/article.aspx?storyid=81885

Avalanche recall T.J. Hensick
    posted by: Jeffrey Wolf , Web Producer

DENVER (AP) - Center T.J. Hensick is expected to make his NHL debut at San Jose Friday night after the Colorado Avalanche recalled him from their American Hockey League in Cleveland.

The 21-year-old Hensick leads the Lake Erie Monsters in scoring with 13 points in 18 games.

The 2005 third-round draft pick scored 69 points in 41 games as a senior at Michigan last season, winning the Central Collegiate Hockey Association scoring title.

He was also a finalist for the Hobey Baker Award, and led the country in assists, assists per game with 1.12, and points per game with 1.68.

Meantime, the Avalanche reassigned forward Brad Richardson to Lake Erie to make room for Hensick.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I already read that on the DRMN website. Thanks though.

I read the Post and the News for the Broncos and Avs every day.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I already read that on the DRMN website. Thanks though.

I read the Post and the News for the Broncos and Avs every day.
    For you SeeingRed

feel free to ask Med to provide highlighs, I will do so for you my friend
    the win over Edmonton from Wed Night

http://www.nhl.tv/team/launch.htm?hlg=20072008,2,355

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    For you SeeingRed

feel free to ask Med to provide highlighs, I will do so for you my friend
    the win over Edmonton from Wed Night

http://www.nhl.tv/team/launch.htm?hlg=20072008,2,355
    The Site You Are Trying To Access Is Blocked

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Al Udeid network is maintained as a weapon system. Use of this network constitutes consent to monitoring.
    Category of Blocked URL: Internet Radio/TV
    Requested URL: www.nhl.tv

i hate myself for saying this, or being this i guess is what i mean, but i havent been watching as many games as i should. The ones i have watched i havent noticed jordan playing at all.

DID something happen to him? is he hurt again? Or am i just not seeing him?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Leopold is as injury prone as they come. He had to have wrist surgery, if I remember correctly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Al Udeid network is maintained as a weapon system. Use of this network constitutes consent to monitoring.
    Category of Blocked URL: Internet Radio/TV
    Requested URL: www.nhl.tv
    I can get it by launching the NHL video portal

try this one, hope it works

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/spor...479&cl=5239067

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Category of Blocked URL: Streaming Media
    Requested URL: cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com

It's our web blocker.

Category of Blocked URL: Streaming Media
    Requested URL: cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com

It's our web blocker.
    sorry SR.

I wanted to at least give you a taste of some Avs Highlights.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Yeah...I used to be able to watch highlights on NHL.com on the government computers, but because of bandwidth and what not, they block all streaming media. It blows, but I can understand it.

I was just looking at the standings for the western conference. Despite how poor the Avs have been playing as of late (excluding the win over the oil the other night), we are still only a handful of points behind the 'red hot' Red Wings for first place in the west. Personally, I think the Avs have what it takes to win the President's trophy this year IF their D can find a way to be cohesive and if they can solve their little goalie deal. I can't stand rotating goalies. It's like a RB by committee...I can't f-ing stand it. Theodore sucks. Budaj won 30+ games last year and if he had been starting from the get-go we would have finished with well over 100 points and would have won the division, or at least locked up a wild card spot. Budaj isn't great, but he's damn good and the best goalie this team has had since Roy (haven't said/typed that name in a while) retired. Quenville is retarded when it comes to goalies. He did the same thing with STL. Roman Turek got the shaft a few times by Q. It's really irritating. However, if we don't do something magnificent this year, I think it's safe to say that you'll see Q coaching a new team next season. I'd like to see Tony Granato get another shot at the job now that he's got a couple more years under his belt. Or bring back Hartley.

Yeah...I used to be able to watch highlights on NHL.com on the government computers, but because of bandwidth and what not, they block all streaming media. It blows, but I can understand it.

I was just looking at the standings for the western conference. Despite how poor the Avs have been playing as of late (excluding the win over the oil the other night), we are still only a handful of points behind the 'red hot' Red Wings for first place in the west. Personally, I think the Avs have what it takes to win the President's trophy this year IF their D can find a way to be cohesive and if they can solve their little goalie deal. I can't stand rotating goalies. It's like a RB by committee...I can't f-ing stand it. Theodore sucks. Budaj won 30+ games last year and if he had been starting from the get-go we would have finished with well over 100 points and would have won the division, or at least locked up a wild card spot. Budaj isn't great, but he's damn good and the best goalie this team has had since Roy (haven't said/typed that name in a while) retired. Quenville is retarded when it comes to goalies. He did the same thing with STL. Roman Turek got the shaft a few times by Q. It's really irritating. However, if we don't do something magnificent this year, I think it's safe to say that you'll see Q coaching a new team next season. I'd like to see Tony Granato get another shot at the job now that he's got a couple more years under his belt. Or bring back Hartley.
    as an outsider i would rather Granato over Hartley, who sucked with Atlanta
    and a pretty talented team, not like the old Avs but decent nonetheless

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Hartley was fired from the Avs because the players quit responding to him. How many players from that team are left on our roster? Two? Sakic and Hejduk? I think Hartley is a good coach with the right kind of team. Of course, I could be wrong. When he coached the Avs, we were stacked...we hate Foote, Blake, Roy, Foppa, Hejduk, Tanguay, Drury, DeVries, Bourque (sp?) etc. We also had the real mastermind of a GM...Pierre Lacroix (sp?).

Boy how the league has changed.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Thedore has actually played a few great games this year which has erned him a few more starts. Budja just has not put his foot down fully on the starting goalie spot.

The Avs just were not getting time in the opponents zone, not getting shots on net and the defense was slacking through that last streatch.

Its hard when you lose and energy guy like Lappy, I think its still at least 3 weeks. McCormick has been a good energy guy latley, hitting people and taking over as the fighter. He also plays hard along the boards.

The offense just hit a slump, Symth, Milan, Stats, AB, were just not getting it done. They have been able to overcome that beating up on the oilers. I don't think it is anything to be to worried about, Saur has been playing great he is plus 12, Finger has improved, so the defense definitly has the chance to be really good and the offense with Sakic starting to find the net cna explode again soon.

@ SJ tonight, LA tomorrow, and home Mon vs SJ. Been nice to get the first one on the road in SJ, not overlook LA who cna be a good team and then have a shot to get to from SJ at home.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information