Page 499 of 502 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 501 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Free agent goaltender Darcy Kuemper, fresh off Stanley Cup win, joins Washington Capitals

Goaltender Darcy Kuemper, who won the Stanley Cup with the Colorado Avalanche last month, has signed a five-year free agent contract with the Washington Capitals.

Kuemper, 32, agreed to a $26.25 million deal that carries an average annual value of $5.25 million against the salary cap.

Just a short while later, the Capitals found his backup, signing Charlie Lindgren to a three-year deal at an average of $1.1 million.

There was heavy buzz about the Kuemper move at the NHL draft after the Capitals traded Vitek Vanecek to the New Jersey Devils. It increased when the Capitals walked away from restricted free agent goalie Ilya Samsonov, who subsequently signed with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...ngton-capitals

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

My hat came in!

3. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    My hat came in!
    when you gonna sew some metal patches on it?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

adrian dater said on the crappy local radio show that they're deep in negotiations to bring back kadri. . . joe ain't playin' about getting the band back together. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm still in disbelief over what this past NHL season ended up being. I've never personally invested so much time and energy in to watching sports in my life as I did the 2021-2022 NHL season, so much so that I have yet to watch any baseball since the NHL season ended and have barely paid attention to the Broncos. My mind was toast after game six as it relates to investing myself in to sports and apparently I still have yet to be ready for that. I suppose we'll see how I feel in the days leading up to the Broncos season opener.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Stanley Cup champion Colorado Avalanche sign Evan Rodrigues to one-year, $2M deal

DENVER -- The Stanley Cup champion Colorado Avalanche added more depth at forward by signing Evan Rodrigues to a one-year, $2 million deal on Monday.

The move comes on the heels of losing Nazem Kadri in free agency to Calgary. The Avalanche are banking that Rodrigues can help fill the void.

Rodrigues arrives in the Mile High City after a season in Pittsburgh, where he set career highs with 19 goals and 24 assists. Rodrigues was the lone Penguins player to skate in every game last season.

"We are excited to add a two-way player with Evan's versatility to our group," Avalanche general manager Chris MacFarland said in a statement. "He is coming off his best offensive season and has shown he can play in a variety of roles and help a lineup in many ways."
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...e=featurephone

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

11. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Nathan MacKinnon says he, Colorado Avalanche 'pretty close' on contract extension

HENDERSON, Nev. -- Nathan MacKinnon expects to sign a contract extension with the Colorado Avalanche soon, and it could make him the highest-paid player in the NHL.

MacKinnon wants to get something done before the season starts next month, adding he'll shelve talks if an agreement isn't reached by Oct. 12 when the reigning champions raise their Stanley Cup banner and begin their title defense.

"We're pretty close," MacKinnon said Thursday at the NHL/NHLPA player media tour outside Las Vegas. "I'd prefer it to be done. ... It gets emotional. You feel like it's personal sometimes. I'd like to get it done just so it's not a distraction at all."

Agent Pat Brisson said the sides are trying to get a deal done relatively soon. MacKinnon's current contract expires after this season.
    next - https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...ract-extension

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I know some will disagree with me here, but anything more than $10M per is overpaying. He's an incredible player, a great locker room guy, extremely dedicated to his craft, and all of that....BUT...he's never gotten over 100 points in a season, has never won the Hart or Art Ross Trophy, etc. He won the Calder and (I think) Lady Byng, but he shouldn't be paid in the same bracket as guys like McDavid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I know some will disagree with me here, but anything more than $10M per is overpaying. He's an incredible player, a great locker room guy, extremely dedicated to his craft, and all of that....BUT...he's never gotten over 100 points in a season, has never won the Hart or Art Ross Trophy, etc. He won the Calder and (I think) Lady Byng, but he shouldn't be paid in the same bracket as guys like McDavid.
    I'm ok with a slight overpay.*

Depending on cap math and Makar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm ok with a slight overpay.*

Depending on cap math and Makar.
    Makar's extension is already done and his $9M cap hit (I think...I'm not looking it up) starts this coming season. Mack's obviously wouldn't start until the '23 season. A slight overpay would be okay. If it was $11M AAV, I wouldn't be mad, but I think an overpay more than that goes against what Sakic has been doing while building this team.

16. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Makar's extension is already done and his $9M cap hit (I think...I'm not looking it up) starts this coming season. Mack's obviously wouldn't start until the '23 season. A slight overpay would be okay. If it was $11M AAV, I wouldn't be mad, but I think an overpay more than that goes against what Sakic has been doing while building this team.
    I feel ya.

If he didn't do the Trailer Park Boys animated thing, I'd be ok with him moving on.

However, he did it. So I can't really abide him going elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I feel ya.

If he didn't do the Trailer Park Boys animated thing, I'd be ok with him moving on.

However, he did it. So I can't really abide him going elsewhere.
    I think an extension will be done and he'll stay put - Trailer Park Boys and all. I'm guessing somewhere in the 6yr/$60-65M range.

Yep, it won't be single digits. I've heard as high as 15, but there's no way. I bet his AAV is around 11 or 12. If the cap does its projected sky rocket jump in a couple years we should be fine for the future. Sakic is the true mvp of the team!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:

Default Nathan MacKinnon signs eight-year contract extension with Avalanche

Nathan MacKinnon is going to be in the burgundy and white for a long time.

The Avalanche on Tuesday announced that the 27-year-old star center has signed an eight-year extension with the team that will run through the 2030-31 season.

“Nathan is obviously one of the premier players in the NHL so a long-term extension was something we wanted to get done before the season started,” Avalanche general manager Chris MacFarland said in a news release. “He has that rare combination of speed and power with a high compete level that makes him a generational player. We are thrilled he will continue to be a member of this team and this community for many years to come.”

MacKinnon has one year remaining on his current contract, a seven-year, $44.1 million deal that he signed in July 2016. According to The Athletic, the new deal is worth an average annual value of $12.6 million for a total of $100.8 million. That will make him the highest-paid player in the NHL.
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2022/09/2...act-extension/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

21. The Following 5 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Avalanche Set New Bar For Stanley Cup Ring Reveals After Hiding Awesome Surprise Inside Boxes

Nathan MacKinnon weighed in at 200 pounds before the 2021-22 season.

On Monday, the Colorado Avalanche forward put on an extra 18.5 carats.

According to the Avalanche, the team, coaching staff and ownership received their 2022 Stanley Cup championship rings in a private ceremony.

"The Stanley Cup was [at the ceremony] with the guys from the Hall of Fame and our ownership group," coach Jared Bednar said. "We had a great dinner. [It was] pretty emotional when you get handed the ring. Opening the box and watching the video that goes with it, it's like things that I haven't thought about for a couple of months now, and seeing it again live and seeing everyone there and enjoying it, I think there was a lot of emotion in the room. They'll never take it away from us. That's our last little bit of celebration. You get your ring that you get to keep forever and now we have to move on, but it was a fun night."
    rest, plus short video at the end - https://www.nhl.com/news/avalanche-r...gs/c-336257810

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information