Page 458 of 502 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448 456 457 458 459 460 468 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I think you're just looking at it from a knee-jerk emotional response and not considering the totality of it. I'm taking a statistical, historical approach to it and have yet to see any NHL pundits say that the 2020 Avs are one of the best teams ever assembled. I just don't see it. Yeah, Mack is one of the top three players in hockey right now, but if this team doesn't win a Cup this year I don't see this team as anything more than a good team that didn't win when it mattered.

Colorado had the sixth youngest team in the league entering the 2020 season. The Rangers started the season as the youngest team in the league.
    Yes, it does depend on greatly if we win the cup this year or not. We have the team to do it. Which comes back to Joes question about us being a contender which we both agree we damn sure are. I think this is the best team I have seen from top to bottom. That will not come through until the year is over and we hoist the cup. If we do not, then obviously, they are not. I still maintain that this squad has the most talent at all positions across the board and top lines to bottom then I have seen before. To be in conversations with the cup team is pretty damn awesome. I do not know what the projections are for this team if we had a regular length season, but I bet it would be close to cup team. We have set or tied records from that team with wins, points, etc. And we will not have guys retiring at the end of this season like when we lost Borque and then blake and then fopa moved on (before he came back) and super joe.

We have the core for a while and enough cap space to keep our big guns when they are up next couple years.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Havent kept up with Hockey much but judging by their record and the scoreboard when they play they look pretty good. Any chance of a run for a cup this year? Thoughts?
    To expand on how good we are this year Northy, I saw while watching the game last night that the Avs are 1st in EVERY category League wide.

Goals
    points for defenseman
    goals for defenseman
    Goal differential
    etc etc etc etc.

Every Category lol. No team is close. I wish I could screen shot the broadcast from last game when Peter Mcnabb was talking about it while it was on the screen. It was pretty amazing and hilarious. Tampa, Toronota, Vegas, Caps, canes, Isles, those are the other really really good teams. This is a cup run team. Legit cup favorite possibly. I have not looked at the betting sites,but I bet you we are the favored club.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stanley cup odds.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	18486
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    To expand on how good we are this year Northy, I saw while watching the game last night that the Avs are 1st in EVERY category League wide.

Goals
    points for defenseman
    goals for defenseman
    Goal differential
    etc etc etc etc.

Every Category lol. No team is close. I wish I could screen shot the broadcast from last game when Peter Mcnabb was talking about it while it was on the screen. It was pretty amazing and hilarious. Tampa, Toronota, Vegas, Caps, canes, Isles, those are the other really really good teams. This is a cup run team. Legit cup favorite possibly. I have not looked at the betting sites,but I bet you we are the favored club.
    They're not first in every category.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    They're not first in every category.
    Then you better go tell Peter McNabb because they posted it on TV against the blues 2 nights ago. Anyone watching the game saw it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Colorado Avalanche have three games postponed after third player enters COVID-19 protocols

The Colorado Avalanche will not play until at least Thursday after a third player was placed into the NHL's COVID-19 protocols Friday, the league announced.

Three games are being postponed at this time: against the Los Angeles Kings on Friday and Sunday and against the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday.

The NHL said in a statement that, pending test results, the Avalanche could reopen their facilities for practice Wednesday and play Thursday against the Blues.

The Avalanche had canceled their Friday morning skate before the postponement announcement. They had canceled the skate two other times in the past week, on April 9 and Wednesday, but had played that night both times.

Defenseman Bowen Byram and goaltender Philipp Grubauer were previously placed in the NHL's COVID-19 protocols.
    https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...ovid-protocols

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I swear to all that is good and right I will strangle puppies if covid ****s this cup run up.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

10. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Avalanche star winger Mikko Rantanen added to NHL COVID-19 absence list

Avalanche right winger and leading goal-scorer Mikko Rantanen was added to the NHL’s COVID-19 protocol absence list Tuesday afternoon, joining goalie Philipp Grubauer and winger Joonas Donskoi.

Rantanen has played in all 43 games for the Avs and is second in NHL goal-scoring with 26, seven behind Toronto forward Auston Matthews. Rantanen is tied for eighth in points with 52, one behind teammate Nathan MacKinnon.

Colorado, which has been shut down since Donskoi was added to the list Friday, has a league-high three members on the list, which features eight total players from five teams. Avalanche games against the Los Angeles Kings last Friday and Sunday at Ball Arena were postponed and the club was also previously scheduled to begin a two-game stint at St. Louis on Tuesday.

The Avs are tentatively scheduled to return to play Thursday at St. Louis. There has been no indication that game will be postponed.
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2021/04/2...-absence-list/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

MutherFR!

I still blame stupid minnesota for all of this. I know it does not make sense and I do not care. I want someone to blame and I blame those ********.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

13. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

So Grubauer had to go on the list? The last few games have really felt off. That's what scares me about us going forward. We get on this run that insane. Grub goes away for injury or Covid and it's like hitting a giant pot hole and everything goes out of alignment. I just hope that Dubnyk gets into a good enough place to be able to give Grub some days off when it's win or go home.
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Dubnyk sucks and I hated that trade. Colorado would have been better off pissing in to a headwind than trading for that dude.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

It's days like this I miss Varly so much. I guess you can't have 2 #1 Goalies, but dang that's all I could think of last year. If we still had Varly we would have won the cup. I don't really watch other teams now so I don't know who's a good back up and who is yikes. (sigh)
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Varley couldn't stay healthy, had off-ice issues, and had worn out his welcome with the team. I like him, and am glad to see him doing well in NY, but I'm also glad he's not on the roster anymore.

18. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Newhook is in the lineup tonight vs the sharks. I am excited to see the young kid get sometime and see how he handles the jump. I am not expecting him to come and be amazing like Makar was. I sure wont complain if he does. I did not see which line he will get reps with.

As long as the moment is not too big for him (doubtful it will be) then it will be nice to see him get his feet wet! I have baited breath!
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

The top line and Makar's d-line were shit last night. They were on the ice for the first two (didn't see the third goal - went to bed) goals and were all out of position standing around watching Kane carve them up. That COVID shut down killed all the mojo this team had. Now they're going to end up slipping in the standings and will end up playing MN in the first round of the playoffs which I don't like.

21. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information