Page 450 of 502 FirstFirst ... 350 400 440 448 449 450 451 452 460 500 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I really liked what I saw from the Avs last night defensively. You could tell they were wiped out for about the last 6-8 minutes of the third, but they really did a great job. O'Connor is a stud. Love that kid's game. He flies. I think the Avs have a future second line forward in him. Jost did well last night. Cale had an amazing game and played over 26 minutes. It's nice watching a nationally televised game and hearing the guys calling the game gush over an Avs player. To hear him say that watching Makar play reminds him of playing against Ray Bourque or Brian Leech was a massive compliment.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Avalanche-Wild Game Thursday Postponed

NEW YORK--The National Hockey League announced that as a result of five additional Minnesota Wild players being added today to the NHL's COVID Protocol Related Absence List, the team's games will be postponed at least through Tuesday, Feb. 9. That incudes the matchup on Thursday at Ball Arena against the Colorado Avalanche.
    rest - https://www.nhl.com/app/avalanche/ne...ed/c-321061152

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I was surprised yesterdays game went on. They had a few cases blow up. Thought they would cancel or postpone.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I can't imagine what playing hockey is like post-covid. With no cardio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

With the Avs playing the Wild last night, does that mean that the Avs have been exposed?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    With the Avs playing the Wild last night, does that mean that the Avs have been exposed?
    Probably not. It is possible, but before I wrecked my achillies this past june we played and there were a few different circumstances that we were directly exposed. No one picked up the transmission. So it could be possible, but really really doubtful in my non expert, non scientific opinion.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I can't imagine what playing hockey is like post-covid. With no cardio.
    Ill let you know once I have re-habbed my achillies. Since I already had it and have not done shit because of my ankle and then covid. Doc today said my lungs sound great so that is reassuring. Not so reassuring is I almost blacked out when they took my blood. Blood pressure dropped. and I almost went out. Never had that happen before. Attributing it to Covid- even though I had it in November.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Ill let you know once I have re-habbed my achillies. Since I already had it and have not done shit because of my ankle and then covid. Doc today said my lungs sound great so that is reassuring. Not so reassuring is I almost blacked out when they took my blood. Blood pressure dropped. and I almost went out. Never had that happen before. Attributing it to Covid- even though I had it in November.
    Oh whoa, had not heard of that before. I know it's been slow going do you fell kind of normal again in that you can walk and not feel out of breath?

On the hockey side I wonder if the game will happen tomorrow? Five players seems like a lot that share a locker room.
    Getting Stoked

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Oh whoa, had not heard of that before. I know it's been slow going do you fell kind of normal again in that you can walk and not feel out of breath?

On the hockey side I wonder if the game will happen tomorrow? Five players seems like a lot that share a locker room.
    I feel perfect! Aside from the Achilles and being a lazy slug because I can't do much id be back on the ice this week. No lasting effects here, that i know of.

The blood draw thing was different and super uncomfortable. Big hot flash and sweats, nauseou, and they said I got real pale. I heard my ears start to ring so I thiught I was going under but I didnt. I used to have my blood drawn 1x a week in hs, so getting my blood drawn is no big thing. This time was weird lol. I felt bad. The nurses were all making a commotion. I said if I go under I go under, ill wake up a few seconds later, no biggie. Thats right when ears started to ring. She pinned me against the chair and wall until she got my blood. I lol'd slightly thinking wow she's strong and started to slowly recover. It was nothing. Nithign bad woukd have happened if I did. I was in a chair.

But its never happened before and im dating a nurse and she had no explanation except maybe something unseen from covid. She also said low blood sugar and that im a pansy. So pick 1 of those 3 lol.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

12. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The blood draw thing was different and super uncomfortable. Big hot flash and sweats, nauseou, and they said I got real pale. I heard my ears start to ring so I thiught I was going under but I didnt. I used to have my blood drawn 1x a week in hs, so getting my blood drawn is no big thing. This time was weird lol. I felt bad. The nurses were all making a commotion. I said if I go under I go under, ill wake up a few seconds later, no biggie. Thats right when ears started to ring.
    I think there is more to this than we understand.

I had my blood drawn and had a similar reaction. I was doing a medical study. I was on top of Pike's Peak at 14,400', doing a 2 hr max-endurance cardio test on a stationary bicycle. It sounded fun in the brochure. But there I was, sucking O2 and miserable. It had been over an hour, close to two hours. They had a pulse oximeter on me and I could see that it said 69 SPO2. I told my wife later about that and she said that's what stroke patients show. It sounded very dangerous to her. But from my perspective that was simply the SPO2 of suck. It was just what the body does when confronted with oxygen adversity and prolonged struggle.

Anyways, they drew blood a couple of times during this test.

By the way, they also had VO2 max tests, but those were very simple, you just pushed to failure. This was more like how much suck can you embrace?

So at the 2hr point they called it off and took blood. I got suddenly and inexplicably extremely faint. It was so bizarre. I am ok with needles and so forth by now. But this gave me hard nausea, cold sweat, major 'do not want'. So weird.

Now that covid is here and it's so related to low SPO2 and sudden 'thrombosis' or whatever--it's weird af and you just suddenly die with stroke-like symptoms--you have to wonder what the body knows that we don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Looks like Jost was added to the COVID list as well, probably as a result of all of the Wild players that have it.

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Looks like Jost was added to the COVID list as well, probably as a result of all of the Wild players that have it.
    Sonofa!

He was up on the 1 for a bit too. He did fight that guy and wrestle him. Maybe that helped?
    The good news, if there is any, is that it gives nate time to heal. I feel like he is 2 weeks not 1, but if we are shut down for the next 5 days, thats at least 1 week right there.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:

I feel perfect! Aside from the Achilles and being a lazy slug because I can't do much id be back on the ice this week. No lasting effects here, that i know of.

The blood draw thing was different and super uncomfortable. Big hot flash and sweats, nauseou, and they said I got real pale. I heard my ears start to ring so I thiught I was going under but I didnt. I used to have my blood drawn 1x a week in hs, so getting my blood drawn is no big thing. This time was weird lol. I felt bad. The nurses were all making a commotion. I said if I go under I go under, ill wake up a few seconds later, no biggie. Thats right when ears started to ring. She pinned me against the chair and wall until she got my blood. I lol'd slightly thinking wow she's strong and started to slowly recover. It was nothing. Nithign bad woukd have happened if I did. I was in a chair.

But its never happened before and im dating a nurse and she had no explanation except maybe something unseen from covid. She also said low blood sugar and that im a pansy. So pick 1 of those 3 lol.
    Not sure of your size, but I once had a phlebotomist tell me that the bigger the man...the more likely they will feel dizziness, nausea and potentially pass out after giving blood. Happens to me every time, regardless of me eating or not

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Sonofa!

He was up on the 1 for a bit too. He did fight that guy and wrestle him. Maybe that helped?
    The good news, if there is any, is that it gives nate time to heal. I feel like he is 2 weeks not 1, but if we are shut down for the next 5 days, thats at least 1 week right there.
    Jost didn't fight anyone. Compher did.

What do you have to go off of that you feel Mack will be out for two weeks. I literally rewatched the entire first and second period of the game last weekend and couldn't see one play or one shift where he would've gotten hurt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Not sure of your size, but I once had a phlebotomist tell me that the bigger the man...the more likely they will feel dizziness, nausea and potentially pass out after giving blood. Happens to me every time, regardless of me eating or not
    The bigger they are, the harder they fall!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information