Page 446 of 502 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 444 445 446 447 448 456 496 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Holy crap!!!!! I wasn't even sure I wanted to watch after last night. But they came out fighting so we will see how the other 2 periods go.
    I was finishing getting my daughter to bed and it felt like I missed 4 goals in 5 minutes the way my phone was buzzing with alerts. I practically did! Caught the 5th, though.

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

I'm watching it on my computer to mix things up and so is my daughter. It looked so good on our TV but you got to do, what you got to do.
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

lmao

Girard being aggressive, leads to PP goal against...then Avs come back w/i seconds and maintain the tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    lmao

Girard being aggressive, leads to PP goal against...then Avs come back w/i seconds and maintain the tone.
    Taking notes from the Nuggets game yesterday!

7. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

What a gritty ******* win. Total clutch by Hutch. Makar was magic. Mackinnon goes into rarefied company with his point streak.

It's anyone's series now.

Last edited by wayninja; 09-02-2020 at 09:41 PM.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That 29-96 goal was unfair. No team should have a weapon so dangerous. Is there a Geneva convention for hockey?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I hate everything.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Avalanche superstar MacKinnon wins Lady Byng Trophy, well-deserved honor

DENVER (KDVR) — Nathan MacKinnon won the Lady Byng Trophy for the 2019-20 season on Friday as voted by The Professional Hockey Writers’ Association.

The trophy is awarded to players who “have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability.”
    rest - https://kdvr.com/news/avalanche-supe...eserved-honor/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

14. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

I need the Avs again. Been watching the first Broncos game since early last season today and I'm reminded why I stopped watching and focused only on the Avs... this game is just boring. NHL is never boring.

16. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

What's his talent ceiling/floor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Not sure the best current player comparison but the kid is a stud.

Different positions but he is similar to MacKinnon in that he has amazing speed and burst while also being very strong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    What's his talent ceiling/floor?
    He's already one of the best scoring defensemen in the league, so his floor is quite high.

As for Ceiling? I dunno man, sky's the ******* limit. If he can stay healthy, there's no reason we couldn't be talking about him like we do with Paul Coffey, Ray Bourque, Bobby Orr etc.

But I also think him and Hughes represent a new class of NHL defensemen though. The kind that have a "score first" risk taking mentality while still having the hands/speed/strength to be defensively responsible or mitigate mistakes that come from that play style. Similarly to how we saw a shift in the NFL to the more mobile type quarterback a decade or so ago.

So, what does that mean? I don't honestly know. We could be seeing a generational player here.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

If Byram turns into a top 4 pairing talent this will be an exciting defense for years with Makar, Girard and Byram.

Hopefully Timmins will be over the injuryitis that has been plaguing him and he can step in as well.

I think Zadorov is on the way out, they won't pay his wages to be a bottom 2. I like his grit but they can find a guy that crushes people for cheaper probably, and his defense hasn't become anywhere near top 4 quality.

24. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Leaving Broncos Forums

Hey all, I am leaving the forums, I have lost my taste for the NFL over the last few years, and have fully switched to just giving my time to Hockey.

I may pop in time to time, but I will now mostly be over @ https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forum...-avalanche.35/ which seems to have a pretty lively hockey community.

Go Avs and I wish the Broncos well!

26. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information