Page 445 of 502 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 495 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

So, are the Av's that good, or PHX that bad? Haven't been paying much attention, other than seeing the blow-out scores.

I am a little worried about Dallas, they might be a tough matchup.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    So, are the Av's that good, or PHX that bad? Haven't been paying much attention, other than seeing the blow-out scores.
    Avs are a super talented young team. They were a bounce or two away from being in the conference finals last year. They should be good for a while and are poised to make a deep run (hopefully).

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Avs are a super talented young team. They were a bounce or two away from being in the conference finals last year. They should be good for a while and are poised to make a deep run (hopefully).
    Yeah the first few games with Arizona you could tell they were feeling them out, even with the relatively easy win in Game 1. Arizona has a rope-a-dope style of play that can win them some games but not a series. Once the Avs figured them out you could feel the steamroller coming. I think the Dallas series will be much tighter, but the Avs are definitely Cup favorites for a reason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah the first few games with Arizona you could tell they were feeling them out, even with the relatively easy win in Game 1. Arizona has a rope-a-dope style of play that can win them some games but not a series. Once the Avs figured them out you could feel the steamroller coming. I think the Dallas series will be much tighter, but the Avs are definitely Cup favorites for a reason.
    Game 1 wasn't as easy a win as it looked on paper. Sure the avs dominated the chances, but Kuemper looked unsolvable until late in the 3rd, and their plan worked pretty well to contain MacK all game long.

But yeah, they were overmatched. They weren't going to get away with that forever and they didn't. That plan allowed them to steal game 3, but PHX NEVER once looked like the better team. The way they surprised people by defeating the predators fooled some into thinking they could hang with a post-season Avalanche team. They clearly couldn't.

I'm not nearly as intimidated by Dallas as I was in the regular season, especially since it really seems like the Avs are clicking ATM, and a healthy, dialed in Avs team is a juggernaut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

7. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Game 1 wasn't as easy a win as it looked on paper. Sure the avs dominated the chances, but Kuemper looked unsolvable until late in the 3rd, and their plan worked pretty well to contain MacK all game long.

But yeah, they were overmatched. They weren't going to get away with that forever and they didn't. That plan allowed them to steal game 3, but PHX NEVER once looked like the better team. The way they surprised people by defeating the predators fooled some into thinking they could hang with a post-season Avalanche team. They clearly couldn't.

I'm not nearly as intimidated by Dallas as I was in the regular season, especially since it really seems like the Avs are clicking ATM, and a healthy, dialed in Avs team is a juggernaut.
    Yup, I tried to qualify that with the qualifier "relatively" easy win. It was definitely like a raptor testing the fence, but once they got through... wow.

I will feel better about Dallas after I see a few games, which sounds stupidly obvious, but that is all I know how to talk about hockey! "Whatever teams scores more will win! I'm sure of it!" lol

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

First of all shame on you Joe!

And to Echo....

Yes we are that good. Arizona is that bad.

Dallas is waaaaaay better. They swept us during the regular season. We beat them in the round robin game 4-0.
    It is fair to say in the reg season we were not healthy. We are now. Besides, playoffs is different.

Dallas is still the one team that really scares me! They have so much talent, but they cannot put it together. They did last night against the flamers. If they do, then this is going to be one big blood bath! If we handle them like we did in the round robin and like Arizona we should take them in 5 or 6.

Avs are that good. Us, Vegas, Boston, Tampa. Those are your top teams for sure. But when teams like the Islanders get hot in the playoffs- they can streak right to the end!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

11. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Avalanche Goalie Philipp Grubauer, D-Man Erik Johnson Out Indefinitely

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/08/...lipp-grubauer/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

That was basically a must win game and the boys gutted that shit out like men. I hope they can keep this up.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    That was basically a must win game and the boys gutted that shit out like men. I hope they can keep this up.
    Me too but the stepping up to adversity was the first step in showing me that this team is growing up. No matter what they are on the right road. That was a insane game.
    Getting Stoked

18. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Question is the NHL joining the Social protest by putting a pause on the game now?
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Question is the NHL joining the Social protest by putting a pause on the game now?
    Yes. They've cancelled/postponed games for today and tomorrow. Rumor is game 4 on Sunday.

I feel like this has a good shot at fixing stuff, so by the weekend we should pretty much have this whole police brutality thing sorted.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Holy crap!!!!! I wasn't even sure I wanted to watch after last night. But they came out fighting so we will see how the other 2 periods go.
    Getting Stoked

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Same boat. Was almost embarrassed to watch. Pretty good so far!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information