Page 382 of 502 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 380 381 382 383 384 392 432 482 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    I don't care. All the injuries and being dead last - last year. There are so many babies on this team. If they grow together this team has a bright future. Nothing is set in stone, but they will learn so much from this experience.
    As young as this team is, win or lose this is good for them to build on.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Memphis?
    yea sorry, my brain is dumb... Obviously Nashville...

3. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    yea sorry, my brain is dumb... Obviously Nashville...
    Meh... took me an embarrassing amount of time to realize they are in the same state.

5. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

I like how the Western bracket shaped up. The winner of Nashville and Colorado play the winner of Minnesota and Winnipeg. Then the winner of Vegas and LA play the winner of San Jose and Anaheim. Geographically, it couldn't be much better. No one has to travel too much until the WCF.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

You don't have a chance if you're not in the dance!

Go Avs!

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Wonder if Ottawa is regretting that trade...

Both the Avs and Nashville made the playoffs and Ottawa regressed.

11. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

I just hope ottowa is as bad next year. There’s no way they’re going to give us their pick this year.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Game 1 is expected to be Thursday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I like how the Western bracket shaped up. The winner of Nashville and Colorado play the winner of Minnesota and Winnipeg. Then the winner of Vegas and LA play the winner of San Jose and Anaheim. Geographically, it couldn't be much better. No one has to travel too much until the WCF.
    Some good rivalries in there too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

At this point, just Girard alone would have been worth it (with the understanding that Nashville was involved too). That says a lot about who got a good deal and who didn't.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Man there was no bigger Avalanche fan than me for their first 10 years of existence. I have probably watched 98% of all Playoff games they've ever played. I used to skip my little league games to watch them - some of my best memories are Gary Thorne and Bill Clemente calling the games on ESPN.

I've missed having playoff hockey in my life for so long - but I feel like such a bandwagoner getting on board for the playoff run. I maybe watched 10 minutes of action the entire season. Nevertheless - I'm here, reporting for duty.

17. The Following 7 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

I use to watch them hardcore as well but now I just keep an eye on the news and look at stat sheets.

Being a family man now I pretty much can just pick a sport, and it was football. I so love watching hockey though and watching the Avs, but 1 time per week vs several is an easier sell with the wife...

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Man there was no bigger Avalanche fan than me for their first 10 years of existence. I have probably watched 98% of all Playoff games they've ever played. I used to skip my little league games to watch them - some of my best memories are Gary Thorne and Bill Clemente calling the games on ESPN.

I've missed having playoff hockey in my life for so long - but I feel like such a bandwagoner getting on board for the playoff run. I maybe watched 10 minutes of action the entire season. Nevertheless - I'm here, reporting for duty.

Welcome back sir.

Do not let our impending beat down throw you off. We shall learn from this and be better next year. I have Nashville winning the cup this year. This is pretty much like when the broncos played the jags the second time around in the playoffs back in the 90s. AS Steve smith says, blood and guts. Use this year to get prepped for next!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Hockey is one of those rare sports (for me) that is fun to just watch, even when the team sucks. I watched 80% of the frustrating, mind numbing apathy last year and want to believe that this playoff run is a reward for that torture.

Even if they get drummed by the Preds (likely), it will be a successful season, and with a team this young and talented, the future looks optimistic.

21. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Yeah - I'm with you, except for the little league thing (I was in the old-timer league).

I'm not sure there's anything better than playoff hockey. I'm back on the bandwagon and proud of it.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information