Page 371 of 502 FirstFirst ... 271 321 361 369 370 371 372 373 381 421 471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 7516

Thread: THE official Colorado Avalanche/NHL thread!!!

IMO giving up all of that to replace Turris with Duchene is not worth it, Duchene is supposed to be a bit better than Turris but currently is not. Ottawa was having trouble signing Turris as he recently turned down $7.5 per year so I understand they would look to move him but they gave up way too much to get a player that hasn't really done all that much more. Now if Duchene can go to Ottawa and play like everyone projected him or even as well as he did in 2010 or 2013 then great.

Nashville got a good deal, giving up a 2nd and getting Turris and then signing him to $6 per for 6. Ottawa got played and the other two teams got deals.
    Last edited by weazel; 11-06-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I agree. I'm amazed at what as given up to move Turris and Duchene. Sakic looking much smarter now for waiting, IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Matt Duchene traded by Avalanche to the Ottawa Senators in a “bittersweet” and “awkward” Colorado ending

From article:
    “He didn’t want to be with the Colorado Avalanche anymore,” veteran defenseman Erik Johnson said. “He didn’t want to play with the team. The guys in the room were waiting for it to happen too. We all want to play for this team and win in Denver. He wanted to go somewhere else. Now we have a group in this room that will all be pulling the same rope in the same direction. Hopefully that means a lot more wins.”
    AND
    “We wanted to make sure we made the right deal,” Sakic said. “Matt last Christmas asked me if I could move him, for a fresh start. I told him to be patient. We just had to wait for the right deal. We’re building. And we want to keep building with youth.”
    full article with Sakic video - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/05...tawa-senators/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

5. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I was unhappy with this situation for a long time, and unhappy with Sakic for what I thought was his inability to get a deal done. I admit now how wrong I was. Sakic made a smart move by waiting for the right deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    From article:

AND

full article with Sakic video - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/05...tawa-senators/
    neat... except he did like playing there until they tried trading him last season, he felt slighted. That's a pretty one-sided article but it's to be expected from the hometown media.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Matt Duchene: Not easy to ask for trade but wanted playoff hockey

From Matt himself today - not from hometown media

Matt Duchene said it was the most difficult request he has ever made.

The Colorado Avalanche, his favorite team as a child, drafted him third overall in 2009. Duchene spent the next nine seasons as one of the franchise's greatest players, scoring the fourth-most goals (178) since they moved from Quebec in 1995. But Duchene felt it was time to leave the team, before his contract was up in summer 2019 and before it entered yet another rebuilding phase -- so he had to ask the team's general manager Joe Sakic, his favorite player growing up, to move him.

"Asking for a trade out of Colorado, from Joe Sakic, who was my idol, was the hardest thing I've ever had to do," Duchene said Monday in Ottawa after the Senators acquired him in a three-way blockbuster trade that sent center Kyle Turris to the Nashville Predators and seven assets -- players and picks -- to the Avalanche.

"It was something I sat on for a long time. I wanted to wait and see how things panned out," Duchene said. "Last year when it happened, it was around the time I saw the writing on the wall in terms of the future of that franchise, in terms of the rest of my contract. We had a horrific year last year, and I could see a rebuild coming. It was something I've been a part of, multiple times, and I just couldn't do it."

The biggest issue with another rebuild? That Duchene has barely tasted playoff hockey, especially in comparison with John Tavares (24 playoff games) and Victor Hedman (65), the two players drafted ahead of him in 2009.

"I wanted to play playoff hockey. I have eight playoff games to my name right now. For me, that's not where I want to be at this point in my career," Duchene said about joining the Senators, who made the Eastern Conference finals in coach Guy Boucher's first season in 2016-17.

"I only have one shot at this. I get to play this game for however long my body lets me play it."
    rest - http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...valanche-tough

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

From Matt himself today - not from hometown media

rest - http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...valanche-tough
    thanks for strengthening my argument! He said he loved the team and wanted to play there until last season... what I said.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    thanks for strengthening my argument! He said he loved the team and wanted to play there until last season... what I said.
    Yep, he wanted to play until he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Yep, he wanted to play until he didn't.
    no he still wants to play, just not for a team that is continually in last place and never knows if they should rebuild. Can you blame him? I mean it sucks to lose all the time and let's face it, Denver isn't exactly the mecca for hockey. That place is half empty all the time.

As I said, the Av's got a lot for him and should really be able to grab some much needed talent. They already have some damn good players and a bonafide starting goalie.

Adopted Bronco:

This is what you said - "neat... except he did like playing there until they tried trading him last season, he felt slighted."

He is the one who requested the trade.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

This is what you said - "neat... except he did like playing there until they tried trading him last season, he felt slighted."

He is the one who requested the trade.
    he requested a trade long after they were shopping him though... his name has been dangled for over 2 years, at least according to TSN, Sportsnet, CBC. Those are Canadian media, but they don't know much about hockey so I will leave it to the one broadcaster that spends 15 minutes a week on the Av's to report to the 1500 fans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

he requested a trade long after they were shopping him though... his name has been dangled for over 2 years
    Yeah, that actually happens a lot. This narrative you are trying to paint of the tortured sports star, is... well... odd.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Yeah, that actually happens a lot. This narrative you are trying to paint of the tortured sports star, is... well... odd.
    tortured star? I jsut said that the media there tried to make the guy look like an *******... it goes both ways.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

no he still wants to play, just not for a team that is continually in last place and never knows if they should rebuild. Can you blame him? I mean it sucks to lose all the time and let's face it, Denver isn't exactly the mecca for hockey. That place is half empty all the time.
    Do I blame him for what? His desire to win or leave? No. His attitude? Sure, who else?

As I said, the Av's got a lot for him and should really be able to grab some much needed talent. They already have some damn good players and a bonafide starting goalie.
    Agreed there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

tortured star? I jsut said that the media there tried to make the guy look like an *******... it goes both ways.
    I haven't seen that. The media, including the article Carol posted, didn't seem to me like they were shitting on him. It seemed a fair article, quoted Duchene and his former teammates and basically dished facts. What was the problem with it?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information